Register.com Complaints and Reviews

575 8th Ave
New York, New York 10018 USA

Phone Number: 888-734-4783

Is Register.com a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Will do anything to stop you transferring your domains

I have spent nearly three months trying to get my domains currently registered with Register.com transferred to a UK based company. Register.com try every trick in the book plus a few novel ones to block you doing this. The first block is that the authorisation codes generated automatically from their site simply do not work. You therefore have to call them to obtain functioning authorisation codes. As I’m calling from the UK that’s an international phone charge.

After sending these codes I then receive an email from the UK registering company telling me that authorisation to transfer the domains have not been accepted. After more digging I find that Register.com have sent the UK company an old email address that I haven’t used in 15 years. I go onto the Register.com site to find this incorrect email and change it but it’s nowhere to be found on my account. My whois information has my current email address too.

Another international phone call to get them to change this ‘hidden’ email to my account email. Repeat the whole previous process again. Then the UK company get another decline of registration. Another, more heated, international phone call. Apparently, because of “recent modifications to your account the transfer has been blocked” – a modification that they did to correct an error on their part I might add. To whit, apparently this time I have, after nearly three months and about $70 in phone charges maybe, just maybe got my – repeat MY – domains transferred.

The word “crooks” comes to mind every time I think of Register.com. This is only one of many complaints I have about this company.

Comments

6 Comments on "Register.com"

I do not even understand how I finished up here, but I thought this was great. I do not understand who you might be and you are a well-known blogger when you are not already Cheers!

partyraum Frankfurt-Oder

Thank you for another fantastic article. Where else may anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal method of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m at the search for such info.

Good point. I’ll check it out.

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect
against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard
on. Any suggestions?

Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person’s website link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much. I’m

hoping to provide one thing back and help others like you aided me.