Hostwinds Web Hosting Complaints

Company Contact: Peter Holden - Founder CEO

Hostwinds Web Hosting Ratings

Hostwinds Web Hosting Reports

Most Recent Hostwinds Web Hosting Review

Is Hostwinds Web Hosting a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Website Domain Hosting Services Directory ListingHostwinds LLC Listing

Charged extra without even knowing me

First I purchased a business hosting plan from hostwinds.com with 50% blackfriday discount FOR $50. after few days staff contacted me that I can’t run my website on their normal hosting plan. so I said transfer me to VPS plan and they said they will all the credits towards VPS plan but they charged extra $31.70 without even knowing me but I order $7.50 VPS plan and they terminate my business hosting plan without refunding me. and they said they will apply credits toward my VPS plan.

after 5-10 days their server crash or i dont know what happen but my VPS doesn’t work and I loose all the data so i asked to refund my money. they only refund $31.70 .

Then i contacted them and ask me to refund the remaining money they refund $25 only and next day i check my credit card statement and found that they charged extra 31.70 that time when i got transferred to VPS. I tried to login to client area and open ticket their but they delete my account and i can’t even reset password.

after that i contacted live chat support. The person said that he can’t do anything about it I have to talk to billing support and open a ticket.I said I can’t login to my account so he said open live chat again after 9:00am cst.

I don’t know what to do, I didn’t even receive the half amount they refunded.

Most Recent Reviews About Hostwinds Web Hosting

Click To Search For Hostwinds Web Hosting Complaints

Submit a Complaint or Review For Hostwinds Web Hosting

59 Comments on "Hostwinds Web Hosting"

This is a nice stop if you are looking for a decent hosting. I am hosting two blogs one personal and one commercial and speed is good, uptime is good. I’d say it’s a good choice indeed.

They are offering fair deals, low pricing and service everyone can trust I have received just 100% uptime and ssd litespeed made server as fast as lightning. Technical staff is available and ready to assist with any complexity question. Great job from techies and management staff. I recommend them if you need headache-free service.

I am quite satisfied with the service: I had no downtime, very few reasons to contact support, and the site was always working fast. I’ve never had the renewal problems people below have, my accounts were closed once and I was never asked for renewal.
After 4 months of being with hostwinds, I’ve decided to share my experience using their Linux VPS hosting. I had 2 weeks to choose a Linux VPS host and must say that it was very hard for me to make the final decision.

Everything works like Swiss watch. I am happy with them.

Have no complaints on both technical side and customer care.
All aspects of hosting service is working fine.
Support does their job well in a professional manner.
Servers are stable and fast.
Good host, keep it up!

It was very hard for me to find a good hosting provider for my needs located in Europe. I have changed many web hosts and can express the point that hostwinds beat them all.. it is really stable host with knowledgeable staff.
The speed is amazing, very reliable, the support is fantastic (we needed a server reset, they done it within 20 minutes), the price is great!. Can’t fault these guys!

Within an hour after signup i can login my control panel and my domain is active! That’s fast because when I signed up with another web host it took me a day to see domain. I like the CP, coz it really nice and helpful.
Just as importantly, hostwinds staff always provide “service with a smile” which cannot be said of all hosting companies! You guys provide assistance to customers like myself very quickly.
Thanks again!

Such a wonderful company Hostwinds is!
Setup was fast and easy. Their package prices also amazed me. Features fit my needs perfectly. Recommended!

Would recommend Hostwinds hosting to anyone. You cannot beat the price, the support is wonderful and quick, they love giving their users (new AND old) all sorts of goodies.

Hostwinds is a well known company where spammers and scammers set up shop.

My experience with hostwinds began half year ago and till date I haven’t received any outages or glitches in software. My server hosting is working in the most stable way it is possible to reach. Plan includes useful features and of course helpful tech support. Thanks for your work!

Good thing, I learned about Hostwinds and I’m proud to say that I’m a satisfied subscriber. With Hostwinds, you don’t have to pay a pricey amount to experience quality service, uptime guarantee, and easy to use features and tools. Their staffs are always there to assist you, 24 hours a day.
A fantastic user friendly cpanel ,very easy to use.
Nice and trustworthy web hosting provider based on SSD storage.

Many thanks for there great service and good support.

They are simply the best and in a year I have had nothing but pleasure of using their solid hosting. Super fast servers, cPanel , any script compatibility, decent amount of resources. Tech support is first class with rich experience in hosting solutions. Maybe a little more expensive than others, but I don’t mind paying a few bucks more for this kind of service.

The situation was someone unknown by me was sending shady email using an address from my domain. Within a short time, Hostwinds analyzed the offending email header, took appropriate action, and killed the problem. Can’t beat that.
Highly recommended Hosting.

The support team at Hostwinds is the best I have ever experienced in my 28 years in IT. The hosting is exceptional and the Control Panel offers everything that I need from a shared hosting. Thank you guys. Keep up the great work.

Every service person was helpful and knowledgeable.
They helped me on the phone. I have since become a web designer professionally and still use them. They are absolutely fabulous. I can only hope that Hostwinds won’t change their high level services, but to continue to increase their quality.
In conclusion, my sites are in good hands and I want to recommend this web host.

I recommend Hostwinds, it is decent web host. These guys are willing to walk not just an extra mile but five more miles with you. We had problems with domain transfer, but their IT guy has been very patient with us. He simply didn’t quit until our problems had been resolved.
The uptime with them is great, I rarely have any downtime, or outages at all.
Well, the features fit my needs perfectly.

I am very happy I’ve found Hostwinds half year ago, since then my experience with VPS has been fantastic. Uptime is at 100% level all the time in exception of scheduled server works, ssd and properly tweaked scripts make loading speeds as fast as possible. Support replies in minutes.

I am totally impressed by Hostwinds services and their highly trained technical team. They have tweaked their servers in a proper way to provide best stability and fastest speeds. I just wanted to say how I appreciate Hostwinds service and I am thankful.

Each and every time that I contact Hostwinds support it feels like I am getting support from a friend.
They are always courteous andthey take my stress over technical issues away in seconds.
Hostwinds support sets a high benchmark for great customer support.

I generally don’t give reviews but the service, support and value are
so much greater than what I pay for, I feel that I owe them this
little favour.
Hostwinds, for me, has worked perfectly from day
one and the support staff is simply amazing.

I have been with hostwinds ssd hosting for about 4 months now, on one of the old plans with 20Gbs of space and great amount of bandwidth. I host two huge traffic websites (one of which receives thousands of unique hits a day) and several subdomains.
It is unrealistic to ask for immediate response, but hostwinds usually responded to my request within 15 minutes. What make this decent ssd web host better than my previous host is the price and feature.

I’m amazed by their support. They are responsive within 10 minutes! I
will recommend them to everyone.

Hostwinds perfectly knows their job and how to run service provider business properly. I have been with them for a year by far and still have had zero technical issues, because my websites are always fast and up, I am really satisfied with this kind of service level. But even if you have any software issue you have support to assist any time of day or night. Top level customer care as for me!

I’m impressed with Hostwinds support team. Always willing to assist me over and over again with even the smallest request. I have not had one day of trouble from this hosting account, and only contact them to help me set up issues with my domain. Very kind, easy to work with, and exceptional service and value.
My website is up and running and I love it! Their list of extra software installations is huge and their Site Studio is really easy to use. Recommended.

Great support all the time.
Everytime I need a support as a beginner they always help me. Quick answer to every chat, Hostwinds team are very friendly. Highly recommended hosting company.