CarMax Complaints and Reviews

Richmond, Virginia 23238 USA

Phone Number: 800-519-1511

Is CarMax a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

CarMax Spot Delivery - Incompetent, Greedy, Law Violators

Well I recently financed a vehicle through CarMax. Everything was going well, for the first 8 days of driving my “new to me” luxury car. That was until I received a call from my sales rep stating that my trade-in amount was wrong and I needed to either come up with almost $3k or unwind the loan to have the actual figures included.

Violation #1: The payoff should have been verified by the incognizant idiots in the business office. Of course the second time, the deal went through, but the finance company was asking for a $5k down-payment….NOT from me, NOT in this century!!!

So I walked away from the deal, gave them the keys to the car that I had been showing off. What they neglected to tell me, and denied when I asked, was that they had already received funding of the loan and that my trade-in was already shipped off!!! What?!?!

This is Violation #2 for them!

What those blood sucking vampires should have done to keep their consumer happy was to incur the cost! CarMax is mega million dollar bustling business…they have the money. This is their fault for not verifying the payoff amount, not mine…I gave them the figures as I knew it…even presented them with the amount I retrieved from my current finance company’s website. I would also like to report that the car I wanted is now back on their website being advertised for sale.

I’m forced to drive around in their less-than luxury loaner car which I’m not returning until I have proof that I am no longer obligated to pay for the “funded deal”…it’s the only leverage I have. I refuse to pay two lenders because of their error. I’ve filed complaints with the BBB, MD State Attorney General, and the FTC. And I’ll be voicing my very unhappy complaint wherever possible!

Sincerely,