Bowling Green Municipal Utilities Complaints and Reviews

Bowling Green, Kentucky 42102 USA

Phone Number: 270-782-1200
Corp Email: customerinquiry@bgmu.com
Company Contact: Mark Iverson - General Manager

Is Bowling Green Municipal Utilities a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Utility company strikes again

As we all know utility companies all charge a deposit, whether you are a new resident to the area or are moving. BGMU is one of our local utility companies and unfortunately the one we have to use based on where we live. They will not tell you ahead of time what your deposit is going to be. You have to go down to the company to find out. We have been customers for 5 yrs. why do I need to be in person?? Why is it such a secret about the deposit? No other utility company makes it that difficult. Moving is stressful enough!

After I complained on Twitter and tagged the company they then called me. And of course in an effort to make things right told me what my deposit was going to be. Christy, the social media rep explained that due to others ignorance honest customers had to pay. Those were her exact words. I was like really? She proceeded to give me my deposit amount and connected me with someone that was going to split up the amount some because it was so high.

However, when my husband went to the business to switch service he was told the deposit was $100 more than I was told and they played it off as if I misunderstood! I don’t misunderstand $100!

Crooks and nothing you can do about it. We don’t have a choice but to have their service. I’m not sure who regulates these companies but apparently no one does!! WRECC requires a deposit as well but at least they apply it to a bill after the first year of service. BGMU just keeps it until you decide to move. I wish someone would get control of this company and how they rob consumers.

Comments