HotelsOne.com Complaints

Hotelsone.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: September 15, 2017

HotelsOne.com Contact Information

Business Name: HotelsOne | Eurobookings.com, L.P.
827 Union Pacific

HotelsOne.com Ratings

HotelsOne.com Reports

Most Recent HotelsOne.com Complaints

Is HotelsOne.com a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Travel Services Directory ListingHotelsOne | Eurobookings.com, L.P. Listing

Hotelsone Deliberately Underhanded Pricing Vs Price Charged

I thought I was booking directly through the Delta Bessborough reservations site. During the online booking process, where the room was listed at $199, I realized it was through a third party – hotelsone.com.

I also noticed a surcharge that included taxes of $40 and thought that was acceptable so continued with the booking.

The day we were traveling to the hotel I received an auto-notice from my bank for a new charge on my credit card for over $300. I’ve booked many hotels online and have never been charged BEFORE I actually checked in.

And I knew I didn’t book a room for $300, so I reviewed my email confirmation. It was there that I noticed they charged me in U.S. funds and the increase in price was because of CAD to USD conversion.

I went on the Internet to mimic my initial search and booking and affirmed that it did NOT say they were going to charged in U.S. funds. Online, the pricing shows as CAD. Even their terms and conditions that I agreed to had no mention that the charge would be in US Funds.

I then contacted Hotelsone via email requesting two things. 1) show me where on their site for Delta Bessborough reservations that they state they bill in US funds? 2) A refund of the CAD to US conversion.

Their most recent response:

1) The website always defaults to USD.

2) Your request for a refund is declined.

After that last response, I’ve since reiterated my situation and provided captured screen shots of how I navigated to their site for the Delta Bessborough reservations, explicitly pointing out that CAD appears (not USD).

They do have a point in that my confirmation did indeed show USD and the $300 charge. On that I can’t dispute, and I should have looked at that confirmation as soon as I received it. If I had, I would have tried to cancel the booking immediately. But in looking at these complaints, I may not have been successful with that either.

During my email banter with them, they’ve always responded with ‘we’ll respond to your message with 48 hours’. After my last email to them, I did not receive that auto-message, nor have I head from them. It’s been 24 hours since I last email them. I think they think they’re done ‘investigating’.

I hate that this is a buyer-beware. But they are deliberately hiding facts by not showing USD up front in the booking process.

I’m going to continue escalating with them. I really doubt I’ll get my refund, but I do hope they change, at least their terms & conditions, to say they charge in US funds. *end rant*

15 Most Recent Reviews About HotelsOne.com

Submit a Complaint or Review For HotelsOne.com

47 Comments on "HotelsOne.com"

I thought I was dealing with Super 8 directly! I was booking a 2 night stay in Three Hills, Canada for my nephews wedding. My nephew had blocked some rooms for some of the wedding guests. The person from HotelsOne pretended that he could see the block of rooms on his computer, I asked the man where he was from, as he had an American accent, and he would not tell me where he was from I should have hung up the phone. But I booked the room for 2 nights. When we arrived at the hotel, the clerk at… Read more »

I guess I should have read the reviews. Yet another victim of being ushered away from the direct hotel website and booking through this scrappy company. Accidentally booked wrong date was not allowed to make changes so I lost out on 240$!! Wth. Website and customer service were both useless.

i thought I was booking directly with Country Inns & Suites found out later it was thru Hotelsone. They charged me $149.13 for 3 nights plus tax came to $529.17.. When I checked the Country Inn website a week before we left I found the same king room for $126.65 per night . Country Inn informed they couldn’t do anything about. So I guess I am out approx. $ 69.00. Will deal only with company website in future. No more expedia, and all those other ones.

Just another complaint about the SCAM ARTISTS at HotelsOne.com Same as MIKE, HotelsOne.com make it look like you are dealing with the hotel. Called HotelsOne.com they were rude. Wanted to cancel one night out of three nights that we reserved three months in Advance (August, 2017) They Said call the hotel. Hotel said sorry, ” we just use them as a reservation service, I will cancel your room, but they have your money and you will not get it refunded.” NO HOTEL should use this service !!!! Customer beware, check out who you are making your reservations with !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I… Read more »

I would NEVER EVER use HotelsOne.com again. The going price for the Best Western Sycamore Inn was $107 to $119 a weekend night. They charged me $151 per night. What a ripoff¬°

We thought when we were booking a hotel in Lancaster, Pa we were speaking with the hotel direct. We asked to confirm that and she said we do the booking. So we made the reservations. We asked for a back room and as it is noisy in the front. We didn’t add up the price while on the phone but after hanging up realized we were charged an extra $70.00. We called back immediately and asked to speak to someone regarding the reservations. We were cut off twice. We called again and this time asked for reservations so we could… Read more »
I thought I was making a reservation on Santa Barbara House’s website (a Hyatt company) for Dec 10, 2016 when I got redirected to HotelsOne.com. My credit card was charged $249.49 immediately and the website indicated that the reservation can be canceled by Dec 7, 2016. I canceled the reservation on Dec 7, 2016 before noon and received an email confirmation several hours later indicating the following: “Your cancelation is confirmed. You will receive a cancelation email within 2 hours. Please refer to your itinerary number if you contact customer service for any reason. We will process your refund within… Read more »

I inadvertently made a booking for 5-8 September,2017 and realised that I had made a mistake. I emailed them on 4 April saying that I wished to cancel my booking and to have my money refunded. I received an acknowledgement of my request but nothing further. I am a pensioner and simply can’t afford to be out of pocket in this way. I feel that I have been deceived.

Maybe the worst business I have ever dealt with.
Add NO VALUE to the hotel booking experience
Has NO Value for the customer
STAY AWAY. ACTUALLY RUN AWAY

Agent lied about Ramada Plaza in Calgary’s cancellation policy. I was charged for the full amount of my stay when I cancelled instead of one night as promised. Followup agents refused to assist or escalate my complaint.

I see no way to edit my review, so I post this as a reply. I complained about Hotelsone through trustpilot and they responded, issuing the proper refund.

I booked a room in Nashville for 3/15/17 for one night. I got to my hotel and they told me my reservation was for 3/16/17… I had to pay Radisson for one night and Hotels.com took my money for the night I was not there.

I booked a room thinking I was booking directly with Hampton Inn but turns out it was hotelsone. I cancelled approx 12 hours later as I made other reservations at a different hotel in the next state over. I talked to a Kotele from hotelsone and she said there would be no charge and she cancelled my reservation. After returning home they DID charge my card the 153.00 for the night. I called them and they said they showed no cancellation so there was nothing they could do. This company is a scam. I do have my phone records showing… Read more »
BEWARE TAX RECOVERY FEE…they charge an exorbitant ‘tax recovery fee.” This fee is twice as much as the fee you’d pay for state and local taxes etc. (I’m basing this for a stay at at a Charleston hotel I know well — my sad story is my husband called their website, thinking they were the Hampton Inn ). They will NOT give you a breakdown of this fee (i.e. what part is taxes) They apparently estimate what they will be held liable for and pocket the rest! What a rip-off. How can this be legal in the US? My fee… Read more »

Just got ripped off!

I will NEVER use this garbage site again. I booked a hotel room for my boss. He went on his trip, but had to leave unexpectedly the day before he was to check into the hotel due to a tornado hitting his home. I tried calling Hotelsone to cancel the room and kept getting a “we’re sorry – we are having a system upgrade and we are not able to pull up any reservations at this time. Please call back in two hours.” After several attempts to call and getting the same schpeel I asked for a supervisor. Person hung… Read more »

Check total cost, not just stated room rate, if booking a U.S. hotel through Hotelsone. Across the U.S., at every hotel in every instance its charges for “Taxes and fees” will be higher than those of its competitors such as Hotels.com,, Expedia, Priceline, etc.or by the hotel directly notwithstanding its statement on its website that it does not impose reservation or hidden fees. In many cases the additional charges are very substantial.

Booked through hotelone and needed to make itinerary changes. Their website didn’t work, the phone number on the website repeatedly dropped my calls. I had to call my credit card company to get correct contact information. By the time I got through my no penalty cancellation period expired. They’re claiming they’ll call me back, but I’m just going to have to contest the charges through my credit card company.

WARNING!!. Be very careful when booking 3rd party websites. Like Expedia, Booking.com, etc. Make sure when booking for a specific hotel they have agreements with hotels. Most of the time they do not have agreements and when you make a reservation they state the hotel does not have any rooms to guide you to a hotel that they have an agreement with to make a commission. The worst one is Hotelsone.

OMG…I too was scammed!! Thought I was on the Marriott website and come to find out after booking and wanting to cancel It, it was through HotelsOne. I am now waiting for a refund of 289.00 and they said it could take up to two weeks. So now I have to wait and see if I actually GET MY refund. What a pain in the neck. Rates were extremely cheaper through the hotel itself. They practically doubled the cost. Unbelievable.

thought I was on the Best Western totally ripped me off, no cancellations, took the cash immediately, NEVER again will I deal with this operation.

Your credit card is charged before before you see the final conformation with a non refundable notation . My reservation was over 2 months out. If I can help it they will not get my$

Booked through because they falsely lead you to believe you are on the hotels website. Got to the hotel, they had never gotten any booking from hotelsone, and they had since sold out. Canceled the reservation and realized they refused to refund.
WTF.
These fools are going to get hurt.

did anyone ever receive a refund from these crooks???? they are holding $162. of my money

I have had the absolute worst experience ever!! Hotelsone.com is one of the biggest scam artists ever, I booked one room put in all my cc info hit submit charged my card for 2 rooms and almost 400 dollars in fees. It was cheaper to book directly with the hotel ( what i thought i was doing).. So i had to call in to get the charges reversed, nedless to say made me cancel the reservation instead of admitting there website error. Called in Customer servi ce reops were the rudest ever!! I am still waitng on refund and when… Read more »

Worst experience ever! I too thought I was booking directly with the hotel! I was overcharged and told that it was my fault because I booked the reservation in Euros! I live in Tx and booked in Arizona! I am still waiting to hear back from them! Huge scam!!!!!!!

I as well, good life lesson to pay CLOSE attention to scams like this.

HotelOne is indeed a scam. They quoted me a rate, which I accepted. I gave them my credit card information, and then once that went through, I briefly saw that they were charging 50.00 more for a third person. I had no chance to then cancel the reservation. Long story short: The hotel does not charge for a third person in a two queen bed room…this was verified many times. I called HotelOne to get that charge taken off, and they called…spoke to people, of which they wouldn’t tell me their names, and said they do charge for an extra… Read more »