Events & Adventures Complaints and Reviews

Bellevue, Washington 98005 USA

Phone Number: 800-386-0866
Corp Email: accounting@eventsandadventures.com
Company Contact: Mark Owen - President

Is Events & Adventures a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

The Events and Adventures of ripoffs

I have requested to end a contract and have been met with resilience. After numerous contacts, conversations and research with/on this company, I have decided that filing a complaint is my best recourse. Thank you for your time and attention to the matter.

Advertising/Sales Issues – I joined E&A after hearing a fabulous advertising piece about their group. I called and was very interested because I was fairly new to the area and only had a couple of friends. They were very welcoming, but advised me that I would have to make the drive to meet them in Nashville.

I made the drive and entered the offices and once I was called into the sales room, the atmosphere changed (without my knowing it at the time). They were extremely high pressure sales. I believe the price was discounted if I signed immediately.

They pitched the benefits and every issue that I named as a potential problem (living in Murfreesboro, working second shift, very shy and introverted, and income), they had an equally high pressure solution (we have events all over the middle TN area; we have events that meet all times of the day/evenings/weekends; we have staff at each event that make sure that you’re not a wallflower and that you meet people and have fun; and we have an easy monthly payment plan that’s attainable to everyone).

After a couple of hours of this back and forth, I caved and signed the contract. After I left and told my family and friends what I had signed up for, they warned me that the company had very predatory dealings and that I needed to get out of the contract immediately.

I believed their sales pitch and decided I was going to have the time of my life.

Problems with Product/Services – I was stunned to find out that most events had an additional cost and many of them quite a bit above my budget. I expected events at bars, restaurants, etc. not to cover what you ate, but I also assumed that other events-concerts/plays/attractions would come with my monthly payment.

Boy was I wrong!

I tried a few things…I went to a restaurant (where the staff did encourage me to interact) and I’ve made a few trips to the dog parks. After my first visit, no staff ever made another attempt to get me involved and left me to fend for myself. Also, the majority of their events are in Nashville, which is a long commute for someone on a tight budget. Everything I was interested in that I could attend (I work nights and some weekends) were either too far to drive or too expensive.

Therefore, I began trying to cancel my membership. I know that I will not get a refund for the money that I have spent to date; I am asking that the contract be cancelled effective immediately.

Every time I emailed them, I was answered with a return phone call that stated it was a 3 year contract that I could only get out of by getting married, moving 100 miles away from any one of their locations, or death. I was threatened with my payments being sent to collections if I were to stop paying. I was promised that if I just kept attending events, I would learn to enjoy it. Every attempt I’ve made has been met with resistance and increasing hostile attitudes.

Well, my life has changed. Student loan payments have increased, my overtime hours that allowed me to join are now non-existent. My rent has increased slightly and the cost of living isn’t going down. I feel that I have no choice but to discontinue payments to this company. I definitely can’t afford to be sent to collections.

I have given this program a year and every event I attend, I get more and more dissatisfied with my involvement. I am at the verge of seeing someone for stress induced by dealing with this issue. While this might work for some people, it is not right for me.

Consumer’s Desired Resolution:

To have my contract cancelled/voided immediately. That they cease all collection of funds from my account and that they cease threats of collections. I understand from other complaints that they do not feel any empathy toward those who have had a financial downturn in life.

They also seem to feel no guilt about “gouging” people for years on end without giving them a chance to try the group before signing or leaving the group at reasonable intervals during the contract.I would like to see their policies and procedures changed to where:

(1) you get a free event to attend to see if you are a good fit and

(2) they add a cancellation clause to the contract that is attainable to everybody, not just those who get married, move 100 miles away or die.

I’m sure this won’t happen with their predatory approach to gaining/keeping clients/members.

Events & Adventures location in complaint – 209 10th Ave S #325 Nashville TN 37203 | 615-242-1036 | lotsofevents.com