Club Wyndham Vacation Complaints

Company Contact: Stephen P Holmes - CEO Chairman

Club Wyndham Vacation Ratings

Club Wyndham Vacation Reports

Most Recent Club Wyndham Vacation Complaints

Is Club Wyndham Vacation a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Timeshares Directory ListingWyndham Worldwide Listing

Discovering we were scammed in our new Discovery membership

My husband and I are very frustrated and disappointed with Wyndham Vacation Club. It is not at all what we were lead to believe we were purchasing.

Our first frustration is the inability to view resort availability online based on our membership type. We are required to call a reservation specialist and let them look up each resort we are interested in for availability.

The second frustration is because of the above mentioned limitation we are unable to easily compare airline prices to coordinate with the resort availability. In order to do so, the reservation specialist has to sit on hold while I go to another travel site to look up flights. Back and forth, back and forth…. it is just not very 2016 – more like 2002 at best.

This leads to the third frustration in that we have to then coordinate the above two limitations with our own work schedule. I don’t know about other companies but we can’t just take off any dates we like. Time off requests have to be submitted and approved in advance of purchasing potentially non-refundable airline tickets.

If all of the above were not enough…. the fourth frustration is there very limited availability in any of the locations we are interested in. Sorry, but Branson Missouri or the Wisconsin Dells are not our style. We were told we would need to book our time 2-3 months in advance – our last call to a reservation specialist and we are 6 months out before we can book a full week at a resort of our choosing.

I have combed through the Discovery membership property directory we were provided which lists the Club Wyndham Plus resorts available to us and it would be an understatement to say the majority of these properties are substandard 2 star accommodations at best. Most look like apartment complexes from the 1970s with dated furnishings and surroundings. Everyone knows only the best pictures are put in brochures, so it scares me to think of what the actual property looks like if the brochure images are not appealing. Trying to view the properties on the Wyndham Vacation website is no better with postage stamp size images which cannot be enlarged. To view better images I have to search/view yet another site.

Maybe our expectations were set too high. After all, the properties we were shown in the initial presentation were beautiful 4 and 5 star beach side resorts; yet even the Club Wyndham Plus resorts in Hawaii are not all beach side, with some many miles away from the closest beach – we’re talking about an island surrounded by water right?

We spent over four hours at the presentation/sales pitch and after saying “no” “no” “no” we were finally convinced to purchase the Discovery Membership to “try it out” before we considered a larger financial commitment. Shame on us for not innately knowing the extreme limitations we were to experience in our Discovery membership. At no time did the presenter or sales representative redirect us to any limitations mentioned in any small print nor were we offered to “view” images of the actually properties that would be available to us – nice bait and switch by the way.

I’m sure we were not the first to expect honesty and integrity from a company such as Wyndham. I’ve never been known to be naive or gullible, but this is one time I was taken for a fool. The only thing we discovered in our new Discovery membership was we were scammed.

Wyndham Vacation Club – 6277 Sea Harbor Dr Orlando Florida 32821 | 800-251-8736

Submit a Complaint or Review For Club Wyndham Vacation

8 Comments on "Club Wyndham Vacation"

Wyndham is a Scam. attended the session in 2013 and was lied and deceived into purchasing a package. The promises never materialized. When complaints were made to the company we were advised that no such promises were made if we could not provide written proof. The interest rate on paying off the plan is bordering on predatory lending. I have submitted letters to BBB, FTC, Attorney General Office and the media without resolution. My next step may be to file suite for remedy through the court.

There is going to be a seminar held about timeshare cancellation on September 4th. If it something your interested please check out this link http://aaronsonlawgroup.com/se…. Hope this can help people in need of information on timeshare cancellation!

We were on vacation and attended a Wyndham timeshare presentation. Everything sounded good so we bought into Wyndham. Big Mistake!!! To make a long story short the whole thing was pretty much just a lie and nightmare. Some places we were told we could vacation at were not available. The maintenance fees are constantly going up. It felt like i had no control and was just wasting money. So i started researching ways to get rid of timeshares. I looked into timeshare exit team, etc. just seemed like it would cost me more money with little to no results. I… Read more »

hello , is such a shame that timeshare scam turned to something viral ,i knew many people that had felt on timeshare traps, the best thing that we can do is to avoid all the timeshare presentations and all of those crap , here is a very reliable blog that mentioned wyndham timeshare scam..

good luck

My husband and I just went through a Wyndham timeshare presentation and all the things they said were wrong. Since we know what timeshares are about and weren’t interested in buying, they couldn’t crack us. One of the presenters tried to jerk at our heartstrings by saying that he recently lost his little 2 year old nephew and he wished he had spent more time with him. And a Wyndham timeshare would have helped with that? Outrageous. If you want to know more about how this works, look into how a sale is structured. They ask you what your “needs”… Read more »

Their sales people are very nice and promise to help when you need them. Then as soon as the three-day period is up to return
the product, you never hear from them again and you’re never able to reach them. You’re promised updates within a certain time
period on reservations but have to play tricks to get them; you’re promised housekeeping services that they don’t entertain when asked, and numerous other services that are only scams to get you to purchase.

Maria

Wyndham resorts are absolutely beautiful and modern; however, the company does not have the best reputation regarding timeshares, which is not surprising being that they have an F rating on the BBB. Most complaints are about the deceitful business practices and insulting behavior on the part of Wyndham timeshare salespeople. According to the BBB, they have a total of 1475 complaints:

1040 about the sales practices
128 about collection issues
3 about delivery issues
304 about problems with the product/service http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/149-wyndham-tim

Felicia, you are one of the lucky few that cancelled in time. I was also lucky enough to cancel the next day whilst on holidays in Hawaii. You are right when you point out that you should NEVER, EVER sign such a document when away on holidays.
Your guard is down and the environment is so relaxed that you are not thinking straight. Anyway alls well that ends well.

Allan