The Salvation Army Complaints and Reviews

Business Name: The Salvation Army Nonprofit Organization
615 Slaters Ln
Alexandria, Virginia 22313 USA

Company Contact: David & Barbara Jeffrey - Commissioners

Is The Salvation Army a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Volunteering

To Lesley, and to whom it may concern,

My name is Diane Flack and I have been a volunteer for most of my life. I believe that volunteering is a worth while experience.

I have been a well respected crisis support worker for Lifeline for the past 5 years. I spent 12 months working as a youth worker with the Links for learning program at Bellambi neighbourhood center. I was a teacher’s aide for 12 months. I spent time volunteering at Kedesh drug and alcohol rehabilitation center.

Currently I am working as a volunteer at Darcy house. In addition, my daughter is a member of the SES. It has been my experience that every service that I have given my
time to has been a wonderful supporting service that values my time and effort. I would recommend anyone to these services.

Unfortunately, I can not say the same for the Salvation Army Family store at Woonona. I started working at The Salvation Army Family store in April, and throughout my time there I found Enrica to be a very difficult person to work for. Therefore, I am writing an official complaint about her treatment of me and the other volunteers.

On my final day of work at this store this was what I had to tolerate. In the morning I told Enrica that I had “Good news and Bad news to tell her” Enrica’s response to me was very rude and condescending she said “there is always something with you, you do not want to work and are always crying wolf”. I did not respond any further. Then later in the day she rudely told me that I did not put the rubbish in the bin properly. Enrica said” I know you do not give a dam”. I only said OK and fixed the bin as requested. By the end of the day I was extremely stressed and was looking for things to do, I walked out the front of the shop to find some coat hangers and began to put them away. Enrica asked me what was I doing I said “I don not know” Enrica said “you are annoying me” were I responded by saying that you only have to put up with me for an hour more. Enrica then said how rude it was for me to say that when she/we have to work here everyday and then she said “Why don’t you should slit your wrists”. Considering that my daughter is currently in a mental ward for risk of suicide this was very distressing comment. I did not reply at all.

Also during the day a co-worker Tracy was asked to work on the till when she did she made a mistake which Enrica spoke to her about it. Tracey informed me that Enrica implied that she was a thief and Tracey felt humiliated, upset and angry by this treatment.

This treatment is unacceptable, the work for the dole is a government fund program to help the disadvantaged unemployed who already feel bad and do not need someone to make them feel worse. Throughout my time at the Family store I felt like a slave who had to tolerate this abuse and just work regardless of my feelings. I felt like I have no right
and was treated like a second class citizen.

I would like to be informed of your response and can be reached on 0420551659.

Salvation Army Family store – Woonona Wollongong New South Wales Australia

Comments

14 Comments on "The Salvation Army"

I don’t think salvation army should not do christmas meals at the convention center if they can’t help no one

I feel that the salvation army doesn’t want to help anybody especially me because they are doing a christmas dinner at the convention center and i needed drinks and they were snotty with my husband threatened him and they shouldn’t do that i need a food box and they never call or email something has to change . They said they believe in the lord but they don’t im not rich im low income .They need to show respect .

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TOATER OVEN AND BREAD MACHINE AT THE LOCAL S.A. STORE AND THEY WERE BOTH BROKE. I DID NOT THINK OF RETURN POLICY, DO TO THE FACT I NORMALLY SHOP AT THE GOOD WILL STORE AND THEY HAVE A 7 DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THE S.A. CASHIER DID NOT MENTION THE NO RETURN POLICY AS I PAID FOR MY ITEAMS. MY TOASTER OVEN THE HEATING ELEMENT IS BROKE (NO TOAST) THE BREAD MACHINE THE MOTOR IS BROKE, SO AGITATOR DOES NOT SPIN. (NO BREAD) SO I GOT OUT MY RECEIPT AND NOTICED THAT IT SAYS NO REFUND… Read more »
I am living in Windsor Ontario and I generally try to frequent your store on Walker road near to Tecumseh rd. My problem is with the fact that you have a handicapped ramp for those of us in wheelchairs or other mobility devices but you do NOT have the pushbutton electric doors or automatic doors. When by myself it is extremely difficult to wrestle the door open and then hold it so I can get in. You are losing customers over this issue, I guarantee that. It is very annoying to have to hang around and wait for someone to… Read more »
I will NEVER again donate to this shady company! I contacted them to donate a couch that I had. They scheduled it for a week later. We forgot to leave it outside. They called so I left work and picked up my nephew from work and ran over to the house as fast as possible. They were waiting in the driveway when I got there. One of the guys eyes were so red my nephew made a comment to me that he was on drugs because they were very bloodshot. Then I went inside with my nephew and we started… Read more »
I want to file a complaint against 2 salvation army locations.. 1 is the city of Riverside in the county of Riverside they are the only salvation army for the whole County of Riverside has and is supposed to serve all the people of the whole County of Riverside they are located in downtown Riverside (city of Riverside ) and they refuse to help anyone in the whole County of Riverside except the people who live in the same zip code in down town Riverside as their location.. yet they get donations and funds to HELP ALL people in need… Read more »
Mine is I live across the road from Salvation Army Devonport, and the amount of “goings on” that happen after hours is shocking. Staff cleaning out the bins out the front on weekends- and removing the items from Premises. Other days I see staff who have gone on what looks like a “bread run” with big orange garbage bags, go inside- obviously to sort the bread- which is supposed to be for the “homeless” and then see them come back out with bags of bread and cakes- which they obviously ” help themselves too!” I thought that this was ALL… Read more »

I get dropped off every night at the store which is 10 minutes from my house when instead they could just take me directly to my home am very angry and upset at they nasty behavior towards me I stand on my feet for 11 long hours ringing bell for them with 15 minutues only lunch time am human being too and I have been working foor them 3 years now SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO LET SALVATION ARMY STOP HURTING GENEROUS PEOPLE

The salvation army is a liar and i hope they get in trouble for not helping anybody and i feel they rather help the homeless than low income people . Something has to be done about them.St vince de paul is more caring and help everyone .

salvation army said to serve and protect people but they just want peoples money and donations to keep their selfish company going they only care about whites ,Chinese ,and Spanish people I’m writing from florida

I know someone who works for the salvation army doing the bellringing job .this is an hard working person with physical and mental disabilities .they don’t drive or own a car .the ride the salvation army bus .the people are very very racist especially towards ( BLACKS ) the person have to walk 30 minutes to work everyday .the manager said they don’t drop people at their house which is sad . this worker has explained to them many many many times that they need to be drop at their house for safety reason and the salvation army does not… Read more »

Wednesday 25% of discount i like it i came every Wednesday they had good cashier her name nigist she had good smile and customer service good job nigist,the new lady manager she has respect to customer i love her thanks

My Son works for this organization, while all the officers live high off the hog they pay crap! My Son has been with them for yrs. Still no raise and threaten him with his job if he wants to call in sick. They call themselves Christian? The housing the officers live in …seldomly million dollar homes!
He is a hard worker. while the rest of the crew sits on thier a***s ! I have seen it.

Joy rd salvation army is a rip off they price there stuff way out of range for people on low income there was a metal clothes rack that was dented they have it priced at 50.00 I checked lowes and home depo theres was 59.00 so where do you save money on damaged stuff and I’ve heard older people in line saying they can”t afort to even shop there unless it’s on wed senor day and then you only get 25% there clothes are the same I looked at no name jeans they were 15.00 I could go to k-mart… Read more »