AMC Theaters Complaints and Reviews

Phone Number: 913-213-2000
Company Contact: Gerardo Lopez - CEO

Is AMC Theaters a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

How Staff Stole Joy of Christmas

I took my Mother on Christmas Day to see the Movie Star Wars: Rouge One. This was a Christmas present for her that I planned. I bought our tickets from Fandego the day they were able to be purchased. (that was Cyber Monday) I had two gift certificates that I had saved just for this present. I decided to buy the premier rewards stubs plan. I liked the benefits I would receive. Also, AMC is my preferred Theater to go to.

On Christmas day, we arrived at the AMC Easton 30 theater and they scanned my tickets. I went to the concession to get popcorn and drinks for the ultimate movie experience. I had my gift card loaded to my stubs membership and also redeemed points for a $5 reward credit. This was exciting to me to have all these rewards to use.

When I went to pay, I was told that the stubs program had crashed, and I could not get any benefits or use any rewards. This information upset me because of all the meticulous planning I did for this day to make it special for my Mother. The concession employee must have been having a bad day, because she snapped at me. She quickly dismissed me to the customer service desk. I did go to the service desk, and explained the situation. They gave me a free small popcorn at my next visit, and two Rouge one posters. I went back to the concession, and paid full price for my items. I did not receive a free upgrade. I was not able to use my $5 credit. I was glad I brought my gift card, or I would not have been able to use it being that the system was down.

I went online December 30, 2016 to submit my receipts for my tickets and concession purchases. Nothing.

I called the Customer service line Monday January 2,2017. The representative said she would email a link that day to my personal email. Nothing again.

January 3, 2017 I went online again and submitted my receipts. Nothing for the third time.

January 9, 2017 I receive an email that was promised a week ago with a link to submit receipts. This is the forth attempt. These series of events has instigated this Complaint.

I am deeply disturbed by the experience I encountered the day I visited the Easton AMC theater. It was Christmas day. A day of peace on Earth, and good will towards men. Not snippy remarks, and bad attitudes. I expected more out of one of the largest Movie Theater Chains in the USA. All I wanted to do was give my Mother a Merry Christmas, with the give of the Silver Screen.

As a loyal consumer over the years, I feel that this experience sheds a horrible light on your company. It makes me question my decision to purchase the premier rewards. I question If this is the kind of service I will receive every time I go to an AMC location. Or call a Customer Service individual. I don’t know what to think. Should I find a new Chain of Theaters to go to?

The Theater industry is struggling with the invention of many mobile devices that consumers can get the movie the day it comes out in their homes. I on the other hand enjoy the ambiance of the movie theater. There is nothing like a break from lifes cruel realities, than coming to a theater. As the lights dim, you forget your troubles and business of the day for 2 hours and enter the wonder of the stories flicking in front of you. I would hate to see the public stop coming to theaters because of bad experiences like mine.

I believe that the employees need to be sympathetic to the customers regardless how bad their personal day has been.

AMC Easton 30