Camping World Complaints

Most Recent Camping World Complaints

Is Camping World a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Recreational Vehicle Sales Directory ListingCamping World Inc Listing

Horrible Customer Service

Camping World of Cincinnati located in Fairfield, OH, has horrible customer service. I purchased a Rockwood Freedom from them in 2013 and have had problems from the start:

1) They misplaced the keys to the new camper while installing an air conditioning unit.  To this date, still no keys.

2) When they did install the unit, they did not cover the interior wires with molding.  They just dangle from the ceiling, further more they left panels off and a bunch of debris from their work all over my brand new camper.

I brought this to their attention and all I was given in return was indifference and a vague promise “to make it right the next time;” four years later, multiple service appointments, still no keys and the wires still dangle.

3) From the very first purchase and pick-up of the unit, I felt the latching mechanism in the coupler of the trailer hitch was either loose or defective.  I have called their attention to this multiple times.  They dismissed my concerns each time.

Earlier this year, when the camper jumped the hitch ball for a second time, it did major damage.  Once again they claimed it was fine “and that I just didn’t latch it correctly,” but they were perfectly happy to repair the damage and charge a huge fee.

4) Finally, I have just returned from the first camping trip since that service and sadly it started as another annoying frustration (once again the service department left panel off inside, debris, and had yanked the 30 amp cord and A.C. cord out of the hatch receptacles and strewn them, tangled together on the floor of the camper.

Even worse, the guidewire for the lift system was snapped and just left on the bed.

It was a minor annoyance.  I could have dismissed the shoddy service until I then noticed they had replaced the tongue-jack with non OEM equipment.  The original wheel and jack base would not fit the post, so I improvised.  If that had been all, I could have forgiven them, but then, traveling home from the campground, the hitch coupler once again jumped the ball.  The camper slid under my truck.

Thankfully, this happened at 20mph, right in front of the Mr. Sterling, OH, Fire Department.  If it had happened a few miles further, on the highway, I might not be alive to type this email.

Imagine my anger and frustration, when the Fire Chief that rescued us called me over and showed me that the coupling spring and lever was defective on the camper trailer.

So, with their help  (extra row ropes and chains) I was able to get the camper back home.

I have left multiple messages for the service manager, Mike Combs, who after three days has yet to respond.

Is this par for the course at all Camping World locations?

Camping World Location – 5300 Dixie Highway Fairfield Ohio

Most Recent Reviews About Camping World

More About Camping World

Good Sam Enterprises LLC | Camping World Inc - RV Sales & Service - 250 Parkway Dr #270 Lincolnshire Illinois 60069 | 847-808-3000 | CWI Inc | CWGS Enterprises LLC - PO Box 6888 Englewood CO 80155 | 800-234-3450 | info@goodsamfamily.com

Submit a Complaint or Review For Camping World

6 Comments on "Camping World"

We purchased a new 2014 Thor motor home in June 2014 from Camping World in Council Bluffs, Iowa. We traded in a fifth wheel that we felt was not assessed at a unrealistic value but we felt that we got a good deal on the RV and felt we would receive good service from Camping World throughout the states ,so felt that we made a good choice. Sales staff was fantastic BUT once they get your money the service personnel are not helpful much of the time and the availability of getting quick repairs and service is an issue. We… Read more »

You blocked me ? Really ? You damaged my RV . Lied to us . Lost my RV for 3 days . Wouldn’t respond to us or the manufacturer. And when you ask if you could help me and I respond on face book , you block me . This company is shameless .

How can they continue to run a business in this way? I say they can’t. Sooner or later they will reach the tipping point. My camper has now been in for repairs for a longer period of time than I have been able to use it AND nobody cares.

They are more interested in selling predatory loans than campers.
Went in to buy a 2017 Thor Vegas and finance guy tried to convince us to take out a 20 year loan (essentially a mortgage) for $75,000 at 6.9% to save $3000 when we were already pre-approved for the purchase through our credit union at 1.9%. THEY ARE PREDATORY LENDERS GETTING KICKBACKS FROM THE BANK. Contacted the company, no response.

March Sat went to Camping world Woodstock Ga. Haggled with sales. They brought unit in from another store. Did not have a few options it was suppose to. But I settled for it. Then during the fiancé part the lady pressured me into the Good Sam warrenties I had said no she she keeped on. Called next day o see if we could redo the paper work and was told no they did not even return calls. So the unit cost me $10,000.00 more by time all added. Never deal with Camping World.

We purchased a 2017 Winnebago view at Camping World Beth Dr., Spartanburg, SC We had numerous issues with this brand-new vehicle when we picked it up The roof was leaking and water damage to the inside behind the driver side seat and passenger side seat on the panels. The rear slide for the bedroom needs a new motor. The valance in blinds in the bedroom on both windows and the brackets for the blinds on the passenger and driver side in the front of the cab need it replaced The battery had to be replaced in the coach There were… Read more »