Are You Receiving Unwanted Phone Calls From 1-213-266-7455

There Are Currently No Ratings
Based On: 1 Review / Complaint

Most Recent Call 213-266-7455 Report

Person wanting me to install Windows 10 on 12 computers

I received text message wanting me to install Windows 10 on 12 HP computers.

After several text back and forth I started getting suspicious and looked up this site for 213 area code scams.

Below is a full text of what occurred:

“Hello, My name is Simon Dryden,i will like to know if you do computer repair and what major credit card do you accept. I do computer repair but I’m not set up to do credit cards. I do it for a hobby. I have 12 used HP Pavilion 500-281 desktop and i want them service and load to window 10 on it,kindly get back to me with the total co st for the computers and also will like to know your name and store address so that it’s deliver too your shop Where do you live. I live in southwest Virginia in Pulaski County below Roanoke. I don’t know if that would work for you. Yes,no problem and can I have the total estimate now ??
Doing some figuring now. Do they all have windows 7 installed. Ok we are looking at 12 computers at $25 per hour times 5 hours per computer equals 60 hours. Total cost would be 60 hours times $25 equals $1500. This is an estimate barring no problems in time of each computer.

My name is Steven Van Arsdel and I live in Allisonia Virginia. Okay, can i give you my credit card information now to run for the full payment and i will like you to do me a favor before you run my credit card. Ok what is it the favor. What is the name of the machine you using to charge credit card??what is the name of the credit card reader and i can confirm with my bank now I thought I was clear that I don’t do credit cards. I don’t have a machine. I do this as a hobby out of my home. I only accept cash or checks. He driver, so he can deliver the computers to you for the service. i want you to know that its due to my current situation and i don’t I have not paid the driver that will deliver the computers to you, so i want you to add up extra $3000 to the total cost of the service, making $3720. you will deduct $720 for the service and 100$ for your tips for helping me out and have the remaining $3000 sent to t ? Sent to what Do you understand the favor am asking you now I’m afraid your above statements are very confusing. Where is the $3000 dollars going to. I have not paid the driver that will deliver the computers to you, so i want you to add up extra $3000 to the total cost of the servic e, making $3720. you will deduct $720 for the service and 100$ for your tips for helping me out and have the remaining $3000 sent to t he driver, so he can deliver the computers to you for the service. So tell me where am I to get the $3750.00?”

So I am guessing you have caught on that I know that this is a scam. I looked you up on line and found your 213 area code is ladened with scams like this. Good luck finding someone to fall for this. I will be reporting this to the authorities.

Recent Phone Number Activity