CVS Caremark Complaints and Reviews

Phone Number: 401-765-1500
Company Contact: Larry J. Merlo - President and CEO

Is CVS Caremark a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Customer Service on Death Bed

During February 2015, we decided to take advantage of what was described to us by a CVS/Caremark customer service representative as an offer whereas we pay only one co-pay for all of our diabetic supplies purchased at that time, instead of paying each item’s co-pay. We ordered our supplies through our regular pharmacy, NOT CVS, and were advised they could not run the offer through.

We contacted CVS and were advised it must be the pharmacy not running the prescription correctly and have them do it again. After several such tries, we were advised the pharmacy could not run the prescriptions as CVS had instructed. We advised to hold the order and we would recontact CVS for further instructions. After several hours of being on hold, dead end transfers, dropped transfers, we did manage to speak to a representative who stated it may be a systems issue on CVS’ side. While at our pharmacy, we were on the phone with the representative AND our pharmacist was on the phone with CVS Help Desk to work through the issue and they still could not process our order.

After three hours of this, the representative, on a recorded line, advised us to pay cash for the co-pays and CVS would reimburse us for the costs, as this was their issue. He even went so far as to tell us he would Email us the reimbursement forms. We confirmed this advice several times with him AND had our pharmacist confirm the same information prior to doing as instructed.

Fast forward to the end of March 2015, we had not received any emails from CVS nor had we been successful in speaking to anyone regarding this issue. We were once again in need of supplies and spoke to a different representative. We went through the same sickening process of trying to get the order to go through CVS, but to no avail. We did not spend the hours as last time and only paid cash for a partial supply.

On April 6, 2015, we called CVS customer support to inquire about the reimbursement forms again and actually speak to someone about the process. After being transferred to the Internet Help Desk twice, we got someone to understand we did not need assistance with that. After speaking to this person, we were advised she could not provide us with our reimbursement. We became upset and requested to speak to a Supervisor, to which we were told no, we would not be given the opportunity to speak to one. My spouse and I would trade off and on during the phone conversation as our level of patience waxed and waned. It was during one of the times I was on the line was I advised a Senior Representative would be able to assist me and I was immediately placed on hold. When the person picked up, I retold the complete information from the beginning. It was a struggle. Not because of my emotions, but because of the interuptions and her talking over me. I wish they were to ask questions, but they weren’t. I stopped talking and listened and then requested the same. This is what I discovered:
CVS does offer a one time diabetic co-payment program: HOWEVER, it is only if you order online, through their store, and a 60-90 day supply. NO ONE advised us of this. NO ONE. Also, CVS does not send any documents via email, ever. We were then advised re-imbursements do not occur.

The conversation escalated from there for over a hour. I strongly requested the phone records be examined for what was advised to us and the re-imbursement be provided. She stated she would submit the request, with the review process taking 72 business hours, or 9 working days. As this was a Tuesday, I advised I would be calling at the end of the week for an update.

When I called on April 10, 2015, I was advised by a CVS representative a check for the complete amount of our re-imbursement amount had been authorized and in process to be sent.

To date, June 3, 2015 CVS has lied about the issue date on more than four occasions, denied a check was being issued, stated they could find no record of conversations, and have, and I really hate to use this word, “provided” the very worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. It has gotten so terribly bad, I brought my employer in to assist, as they are the ones who pick CVS/Caremark for the pharmacy benefit. CVS has even played the same games with them!

It feels like and appears CVS is just waiting for me to become so frustrated with their terrible service that I will just give up.

Comments

9 Comments on "CVS Caremark"

I agree that I can never get on my account cause they are always saying I don’t have the username or password.I go to my cellphone I can pull up my account with no problem/I used to get it on my lap top and would like to get it on my lap top.I’ve been getting my scripts for 20 years with you and in the last year it has really become horrible.My scripts get messed.up.For instance I got a letter that my script was invalid this past Monday.I called Caremark and the lady I talked to told me that Lamotrigine… Read more »
Elner Joan Kilpatrick

Cannot get on my account. Worst service ever. They say I do not have the correct password and to reset and they will send a temporary password to my e-mail. A password never comes…this is about the 4th time I’ve tried. So, I guess it is time to look for a new prescription service. too, I am sent texts all the time that I have an RX at the local CVS…I drive 10 miles only to find there is no prescription!! What’s going on? I don’t have the time to beg!!

Like dealing with a hamster on a wheel, you just call the same numbers and talk with people that you can never get in touch with again. There is no follow through, because there is no accountability. There are no extensions or departments and never the same person to be contacted. Call customer service and ask for a supervisor is the best that can be done. The same verbal exchange and the same outcome, while the client goes without their Rx’s. Dual Eligible with no copay and the supplies are not sent out, because we won’t put a method of… Read more »

I totally agree with the all questions you raised. I recently had to fill out a form and spent an enormous amount of time trying to find an appropriate By the way, if anyone is facing a problem of filling CA DMV INF 1125, I’ve found a template here <ahttps://goo.gl/ex8C1R. You also can esign the form and fax it.

Absolute joke of a company. Been getting injections delivered through them for 2 months now. First month was fine. Second month, they forgot to deliver the injection on the planned date. When I called to tell them, they said “oh, we must have missed that, we’ll send it now”. I was forced to get injected 2 days late (these are all time sensitive injections). For the 3rd month, I once again did not receive the injection from them. I called to see what was up. They said they had no number to contact me at. I asked them how that… Read more »
CVS Caremark had me on the phone in the middle of the store yelling to them with everyone else in the entire world walking past I a literally yelling my birth date to them. Like I want the whole world to know how old I am. Then they cannot even responsibly send one script to another store.l that was all I asked. They were making me order three scripts when I only wanted the one moth script from the other store. They were not even competent enough to transfer one script from one store to another store that I was… Read more »
Customer service reps the worst. Telling me a certain drug is not offered by the plan while online I had an order pending for it. Also there seems to be no way to cancel an order that is hold, all the while continuing to get emails constantly that I have an order on hold that needs action. I have no vested interest in the company, but Rx plan from United Healthcare reps are like courteous Einsteins compared to Caremark’s. Perhaps saving on customer service reps’ salaries is how Caremark ( Silverscripts) seems to offer a lower premium than United.
They are stupid arrogant demeaning, uncaring and accusatory. i have never talked to people so stupid in my entire lifetime. they had me standing i the store yelling my birthdate with dozens of people standing there and then started talking about an entirely different medication than what I called on. I had no idea of what they were talking about and told them that was not the medicine I called them on. they neer did get my blood pressure meds straightened out but wanted me to drive home a one hour drive, get a coupon, drive back a one hour… Read more »

CVS Caremark is a train wreck. Worst company I have ever seen.