Magazine Publishers Service Complaints

Company Contact: Victor L Caudill - Owner

Magazine Publishers Service Ratings

Magazine Publishers Service Reports

Most Recent Magazine Publishers Service Review

Is Magazine Publishers Service a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Magazines Directory ListingMagazine Readers Service Listing

Prickly Publisher's Sweepstake!

On November 21, 2016 I was contacted by phone by someone named “Erin” from Publisher’s Sweepstakes or Magazine Publisher’s Service Canada, Inc. He told me that I was eligible to receive a men’s watch with a diamond chip on it, an entry for a $25,000 sweepstakes draw, and a subscription to three magazines, for the LOW price of $3+ per week, $14.39 a month, or $57.50 [U.S. dollars] quarterly, I believe.

“Erin” also told me that in approximately six months I would be “eligible” to receive an additional six (6) magazines [this may be the figure of $57.50 referred to earlier, which may be the total amount of subscription fees for all nine (9)].

The term of the subscription(s) was to last 48 months, rather than 60 months, which was the length of the subscriptions first mentioned by “Erin.” Once “Erin” completed his spiel/sales pitch, he attempted to transfer me to his “supervisor,” who was unavailable at that time.

She called me approximately two hours later, and basically went over the terms of the magazine subscriptions. With both “Erin” and the supervisor, I maintained that I couldn’t possible read nine magazines a week, which both individuals minimized.

I was also advised by “Erin” and his supervisor that there would be a three-day cancellation period of the entire subscription arrangement, which I was more-or-less “bamboozled” into agreeing to.

On November 24, 2016, I wrote an email to Magazine Publishers Service Canada Inc (aka Publishers Sweepstakes) advising that I was cancelling the entire subscription deal, but have not received a reply.

Magazine Readers Service | Magazine Publishers Service Canada Inc