SoFi Complaints and Reviews

Corp Email: customerservice@sofi.com
Company Contact: Mike Cagney - CEO

Is SoFi a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Very slow approval process - Don't do business with them

I applied for a personal loan. I expected everything would be approved instantly or at least within 24 hours, as that has been my experience with other financing arrangements. After 2 days, I thought I’d check the status and clicked on the link in my confirmation email message. It was then that I Iearned they needed additional information before they could review the application. If that were the case, why didn’t they email me to ask for the additional information? The loan application could have sat in that status if I had not taken the initiative to check.

So then I called customer service the next night to find out how long the approval process would take and was told a few more days. I asked why and was told because they have to check everything. I said like what; I had provided all that was requested and it doesn’t take but 5 minutes to check the credit report companies. I was told they have to be sure there is no fraud. I was astounded. Fraud I asked? It should be easy to find out that my application was not fraudulent. Again I was told they have to check everything.

Getting nowhere with the customer service representative, I asked that my loan application be canceled. Then I asked if I could get an email confirmation of the cancellation and she said yes. I asked how long that would take. She said a couple of days. I ended the call by saying how sorry I was I wasted my time with this company.

Word to the wise: don’t do business with SoFi or if you do, give yourself plenty of advance time to get approved. They apparently don’t make the customer their top priority.

Comments

2 Comments on "SoFi"

“IG Weekly INVESTMENT TRADING PROGRAM” After 7 days (a week) On investing: $100 you earn back $900 $200 you earn back $1,900 $300 you earn back $2,900 $400 you earn back $3,900 $500 you earn back $4,900 $600 you earn back $5,900 (……more… & …..more……) IG has been a worldwide RATED investment trading company to have succeeded over the years in the following areas : 1)Making money from home 2)Making money online 3)Investments & business starters 4)Binary option trading and many More. “IG” in affiliations with other top “companies” provides your invested/startup capital for trusted companies to trade and produce… Read more »
I applied for a loan and submitted the required doc’s as requested. They stated they needed two more doc’s I submitted one along with a letter stating the other was mailed by my retirement board. They then sent me a denial listing after gathering my bank account etc. You mean to tell me they didn’t know this when they ran my credit report up front? Right after this I started get loan request at a higher amount from other so-called online companies, kind of strange isn’t it. This company gathers your information and then sells it. It’s a scam.