Ocwen Complaints and Reviews

Ocwen Reports

Reported Losses: $201,951,003.64
Average Reported Losses: $2,589,115.43

Is Ocwen a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Loans Directory ListingOcwen Financial Corporation ListingResponse From Company

They didn't honor loan modification; we lost our home

We went into foreclosure in December 2010. In March Ocwen offered us a loan modification. We fulfilled all the requirements, however they never stopped the foreclosure. I even have a written statement from the Ombudsman that we fulfilled our obligations, but the foreclosure was completed, so there wasn’t anything that could be done.

I filed motions in our county court to vacate the foreclosure based on the loan modification not being honored. I was told we had to open a new case however I could not find an attorney to help us. They said it was going to be too expensive and difficult.

We had to leave our home of 10 years.

They took our equity and put us into bankruptcy by not honoring that modification. We did not fall under the lawsuit settled in 2016, because our loan foreclosure date was after December 2012.

We fought in bankruptcy court for 2 years, but ultimately failed due to a missed filing by our attorney.

Official Responses from Ocwen

By: Chelsea Mendez On: April 21, 2014

There have been several attempts to resolve complaints being left on the customer’s behalf to resolve any/all issues they might have. We are still seeking to offer assistance to resolve any and all unresolved issue with www.DatePlayful.com

Chelsea
dateplayful.com
management@dateplayful.com
877-550-8269

15 Most Recent Reviews

Comments

139 Comments on "Ocwen"

I am getting ready to close on our home that was financed through Ocwen. When my lawyer got the final payout documents, they are charging me an extra $16,600 for past interest and several other un-explained charges. They out of the blue raised our interest rate from 2.8% rate to 5%. They claim that they notified us of this change. We never received any notifications. We did get a loan modification years ago and had $36000 deferred, but when I saw this payoff amount I almost died. My husband and I are trying to retire and now after we pay… Read more »

My husband is 61 and recently had have his foot amputated. He had to be on disability for 6 months which was half his salary. He tried to get a mortgage modification, or work out a payment plan to catch up but Ocwen was heartless. We have 200,000 dollars. Ocwen doubled our payments and threatened foreclosure. This company is ruthless, heartless and I believe they are a predatory lender who abuse senior citizens. I wish the government would go after them for these horrid practices.

I recently purchased a foreclosed home, in which Ocwen was the loan servicing company for, they sent us the contract that was completely unreasonable and when my attorney tried to modify they canceled our deal. They do not allow any contingencies on a purchase whatsoever. No Attorney review period, no home inspection and they force you to use their title insurance company. We have lost our dream home because of them and it has left my family devastated.

Did my taxes late January and e-filed. Well into March, Ocwen sends me a “corrected” 1098 that they had overstated the interest I paid by over $2200. I had to redo my taxes and file a 1040x form….I’m nearly 59 and have never had to file an amended 1040 in my entire life.

Ocwen is a gimmick, bunch of liers
They will never help you with your needs. I been trying for the past three years and I have never never receive the assistance. Do not fold for this. Please look else were. They

Have had a terrible experience, one of many for the many customers I encounter that have the mortgage servicing company ” Ocwen”. I have called them many times to send a payment to a windstorm policy, they have verified the information four times. And now the policy has been cancelled. It has taken them over 60-days to send a simple payment.

I feel terrible for the customers that have ” Ocwen” as a servicing company. I would try and get rid of them immediately.

I changed my phone number so Ocwen cannot contact me! They are incompetent and should not be in business. They charge fees to pay existing fees, have very little knowledge and zero ability to relate to customer issues. My home loan modification process was a joke-I did not go through with it because the terms were ridiculous and non beneficial to me in the long run. Ocwen also falsely reported to the credit bureaus that I missed a payment! I’ve never missed any payment of any kind- I have excellent credit. My only option to get rid of them is… Read more »

3 years waiting for a modification and they still asking for more papers and papers and papers. They never satisfied with anything you send. I hate them to the moon

Ocwen has been nothing but trouble. My loan was sold to them, so I had a little say in the matter. It seems that every simplistic task they have is fouled up. I have paid my mortgage on time every month for six years. When I call to ask if they received my tax bill, they don’t know. When I switched insurance companies. I paid for the year in full out of pocket and gave them the information to follow up to verify my claim. Whoever I spoke to, never did. So, I then received a certified letter demanding the… Read more »
I’m John Baker name. I live in New York USA, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scammers everywhere.Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Mrs.Rose Barry who lend me an unsecured loan of $95,000 under 2hours without any stress. If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: rosebarry1@yahoo.com I‘m using this… Read more »

Shady company with horrible customer service. Filed a federal complaint for not receiving my 1098–now twenty three days late. I was informed I would hear in writing by March 18th. It is taking that long to “research” the issue inside Ocwen. How does this giant mortgage corporation not know how to produce a timely tax form?!! This event is precluding filing my taxes and moving forward on a refi. Lawless. Unethical. Maddening.

ask to speak to someone in the USA. I do every-time I have to deal with this corrupt company. I pay my flood insurance directly to my insurance company and Ocwen took the money out of my escrow and now I have a shortage. I never gave them permission to do that . My insurance company sent me back my check thats how I found out. I am going to try to refi with a different company to get rid of them.

I have the same issue dealing with deceptive practices of mortgage company. Please contact me to discuss our issues I can truly help save your home.
360-801-7763

I would never recommend this company to my worst enemy. I loved my GMAC mortgage. You had great customer service and by God they were great to work with when things got tight. As far as Owen? Nothing but a cut throat company. I happened to fall a month behind on my mortgage do to getting injured on the job. Being an honest customer I fully contacted them and explained it would be late and I was perfectly fine to pay the late fee and told me that would be fine and now problem and they said I can also… Read more »

I am going through same thing, please contact me I can help you
360-801-7763

I can’t even get anyone from Ocwen on the phone. I keep getting disconnected. And when hey call me, I say hello and no one is on the line.

ocwen helped me save y home..period !!..people who complain here must be losers who just couldnt get a modification and butt hurt..just pay ur mortgage and ocwen will be the best servicer to work with…or keep getting conned by attorneys who are not gonna do anything to help u !!

REALLY!!!! You Ignorant person… How dare you call us a group of losers we are not responsible for the fraudulent activities they commit!!!

I am in the process of refinancing my first mortgage (with another lender) and my home equity line (with OCWEN). I found out yesterday that OCWEN is claiming I have TWO home equity lines that I owe on with them – both, oddly enough, on the same property for exactly the same amount. I have contacted them but no one has gotten back to me. They are holding up my refi because they are insisting that I owe exactly DOUBLE what my real debt is. This is frightening!

I can help you please contact me 360-801-7763

OCWEN IS TRYING TO TAKE MY HOME EVEN A I SENT THE PAPER WORK TO OCWEN AFTER I PROVED I WAS NOT BEHIND THERE STILL TRYING OCWEN EVEN FIRED THERE ATTORNY BECAUSE HE WAS ON OUR SIDE I AM 76 YEAR OLD MAN AND I WILL BE LOSING MY WIFE OF 52 YEARS AND LOSING THE HOUSE WILL KILL HER FASTER I NEED HELP
DEAN M CROUCH
9512266436

My loan was also sold to Ocwen by GMAC, they have just increased my monthly payment by 120.00 and now they are charging me 938.00 for a suspense payment, it was added onto my monthly payment. I had been paying on the phone, but after this I changed to make my payments online, that is when I found out that they had charged me suspense payment in September, don’t know where to money came from to pay that one, it wasn’t added to my monthly payment. I went online and made my normal payment, then called and asked what a… Read more »

Hi Sherry I can help you please call me 360-801-7763

Hi Sherry, I do not work for Ocwen, but I worked for another a mortgage company that utilized the same system that the do. A suspense payment is money that is held up. The system has a serious of stops that prevent the funds from being applied to your monthly payment. When one of these stops is present, the system will automatically put the funds in “Suspense”. From a legal standpoint, Since the funds do not change your balance on the mortgage, they are not considered a payment. There are rules and regulations that govern suspense payments in every state,… Read more »

Ocwen Financial we will find are up to no good. They bought my mortgage from GMAC in 2013. I have no idea what they are doing and neither do they. My last month on a 6 month modification, they cancel our agreement on the last month and returned my last payment. They say I owe them over $7000. Any one I speak to can’t speak English which makes it even more confusing. Someone needs to stop these people. They are draining us financially and emotionally.

Just wish there could be a class action law suit to shut them down…..I hate them as well as they don’t handle escrow properly and I think if you drop it with them they’ll treat you like dirt….so many complaints and we are being held hostage…not like we picked to work with them or anything….

It doesn’t pay to tell the truth. Only liars get somewhere in life. I ‘ve tried to tell the truth. Now you won’t post it . Everything I said in what I tried to post was true. Now you will not post it. I ask why?

This is a place to tell everyone of what took place with the Government and Owen. I feel as if the truth must had bothered you.

Why was my comment block ? The truth hurts ?

Is there anyone out there honest anymore? What is this world coming to? I am also dealing with Owen. This is a nightmare from hell ! I am entering a foreclosure. I am in my house now for 30 years. I bought my house in 1985 for the price of $55,000 dollars. I now owe $ 57,000.We are locked in a interest rate of 12.50. My husband got hurt on his job.in the year 1987.In the year 1989 I tried to pay off our loan. At that time ,we were told that we had to come up with two mortgages.… Read more »