Ariens Complaints

Most Recent Ariens Review

Is Ariens a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Lawn Mowers / Tractors Directory ListingAriens Inc Listing

Ariens Lawn Mower Defect Unresolved

I purchased the Ariens Amp battery powered lawn mower for $1,999 from D&H Sales and Service on June 30, 2011. For the next 3 years, I was satisfied with its performance.

After about 75 hours of total running time, and soon after the warranty expired, the batteries failed. Ariens had discontinued manufacture of this mower and could not provide replacement batteries.

At their recommendation, I purchased batteries from Interstate at a cost of $1,419.92 on March 15, 2015.

The mower quickly drained power from these batteries even though I followed instructions by plugging it in for recharge at all times. I was getting less than 30 minutes of run time late summer, 2015. Ariens would not accept responsibility for the poor performance.

By 2016, battery run time was down to 5 minutes, but Ariens still denied any responsibility. Interstate agreed to replace all the batteries at their cost August 14, 2016, even though battery testing did not indicate any defect in the batteries.

The replacement batteries did provide almost one hour of run time for several mowing sessions, but quickly declined. Now, I get only 7 minutes of run time after each overnight charge.

For the past 3 years, I have had the mower in the D&H repair shop as often as it’s been available for use in my garage. D&H has been very cooperative attempting to diagnose the problem, but they have no more options, because of lack cooperation from Ariens.

I have attempted communication with Ariens Customer Service and with Ariens technicians many times, but they fail to return calls or emails.

Arien’s last communication, 6 weeks ago, suggested I purchase yet another set of batteries. My dealer who tested my batteries many times tells me they are not defective.

At this point, My dealer and I are both convinced Ariens will not provide any solution to fix the mower. We offered to take it back to their plant in Brillion, but they refuse that option.

My request is simple. I spent over $4,000 on this mower and was able to get only about 100 hours of quality lawn cutting time over the past 6 years.

For three years, I have dealt with the frustration of unresolved mechanical failures. I want reasonable financial compensation for my money and time.