Humana Complaints

Humana.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: June 28, 2017

Humana Contact Information

Business Name: Humana Inc.
500 West Main St

Most Recent Humana Complaints

Is Humana a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Insurance Directory ListingHumana Inc. Listing

The Humana Merry Go Round

The Humana mail order pharmacy Web Site and Customer Service have gone down hill throughout the 2016 subscriber year. I have been with them 4 years with no issues but 2016 has erased all the good will provided by the prior years.

You can instantly tell the customer service reps only read from scripts because they always say the exact same thing every time you call no matter what the problem is. Even If you ask a specific question you still get a scripted answer.

I have never changed my address from the original I provided them in 2012 yet this year they found a way to send my prescriptions to the wrong addresses and then telling me I was out of refills when I said I never got them.

They did, much later, acknowledge those mistakes. In addition, a tier 2 prescription that was covered in May of 2016 was suddenly not covered in November of the same year.

Before I was told it was not covered, I was 1st told it was out of refills, then I was told the doctor was not eligible to write the prescription in the 1st place.

All of this has been, and continues to be, a frustrating runaround. At my request, my doctor called them and talked to the ‘necessary folks’ then called me to say the issue had been resolved but soon after that conversation, the prescription was put on hold again because it was suddenly “not covered”.

I have spoken to several folks, at varying levels at Humana over the past month and just today, was told the prescription was, indeed, covered by my plan and they would have it straightened out today.

When I last checked the web site, I noticed it was again placed on hold. I guess I have no choice but to re-visit my doctor, get another prescription and pay full price for it at a local pharmacy.

I am, obviously, investigating other plans for 2017.

15 Most Recent Reviews About Humana

Submit a Complaint or Review For Humana

9 Comments on "Humana"

In October 2016, I contacted Humana Dental for possible dental coverage. I was told my insurance would start in November 2016. I was told I would receive a new dental card and list of dental coverage that I was paying for. November rolled around, card and info didn’t arrive. I called back and was told that they had signed me up on the wrong plan and now my coverage would start in January 2017. I have yet to receive any info or dental card, I have had to call them back each and every month since October until now in… Read more »

Can’t be trusted with your life either.I have been severaly disablr since 1992 ans 3 months ago they found out I had cancer so they yook my off meds that work and want to put me on meds that make me go crazy. fu** those mother fu**ers

Every time I contact Humana the phone wait is horrible! When you need something you are forced to listen to their commercials. This time I waited over 30 minutes and will seek another company.

Humana Medicare RX Program needs to be investigated. Humana continued to collect premiums from my Medicare benefits for a Drug Plan that they do not cover my medication any longer. Humana did not give us any notice and have left me at risk without medication. Humana also was dishonest about the copay

I have original medicare & a humana policy for drug coverage. Humana never informed me of a price increase of 40% during the 2013 open enrollment period. I found out of this increase when it was billed to my credit cared in jan. 2014.MEDICARE has informed me that since i didn t cancel during 2013 open enrollment i cannot now cancel. In my opinion this is fraud. Imagine if your landlord, cc co. bank or auto ins. co were allowed to due this. Do not join humana. Drugs, humana charged me $149.00 & $104.00 i instead paid $22.00 & $42.00… Read more »
Humana customer service is incompetent. I am a senior who contacted Humana in mid-November to switch to a less costly drug plan. After being switched to various departments and put on lengthy holds, I enrolled in the new plan on a secure line and provided a phone signature. I was told that the process was complete. When I hadn’t received a new card, etc. by late December, I contacted Humana who said they had no record of my new enrollment. I demanded they review the call logs they are supposed to record, and was told there were none. I wonder… Read more »

I had a similar experience trying to get my wife ID Card. We have been on Humana plan for almost 3 months and my wife doesn’t have ID card with proper Doctor on it. Tried to call 3 times to get her a card. So until they can get it right she has no health insurance but there getting there premiums every month.

I have Medicare with Humana Drug coverage and here in Oregon I’ve had the same thing happen with one of my medications. It started out as a $7 copay and now is $90. I thought they only had 4 tiers, but today a Humana representative said this same medication they just reclassified as a tier 5 and I didn’t even think there was a tier 5.

I have had the same experience. All my prescriptions started out with a low copay on the first fill, after that some of them jumped 5 to 6 fold….. one went from 12.00 to 674.50 another 120.00 to 416.92 for a 90 day supply. I was told at enrollment by a rep. that my out of pocket expense for a year would not exceed 2200.00. I am well beyond that ….. with more refills to go. VERY DISAPPOINTED with HUMANA… going to change RX to another Ins co. ASAP !!!!!!!