Cigna Complaints and Reviews

Phone Number: 860-226-6000
Company Contact: David Cordani - CEO

Is Cigna a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES

I am currently fighting by third separate appeal in just over 4 years for long term disability insurance with Cigna. Even though I have been diagnosed with failed back syndrome and have undergone two major surgeries Cigna continues to insist that I can return to work.
I have been on long term pain management with no other treatments since before my second denial and yet I have been denied for a third time. My doctor absolutely refuses to allow me to work in any capacity.

After filing my latest appeal Cigna told me that they were conducting an Independent Medical Review. Now I have done a lot of research over the years on Cigna and I know that they were fined in 2013 for, among other things, using companies owned by Cigna for Independent Medical Reviews and that they agreed to stop this practice.

So I asked my claim rep for the name of the company this doctor worked for so that I could verify their independence. I was told that no company information could be given. I continued to insist that I was entitled to this information. Finally Cigna told me that they had sent my file to a Cigna in-house doctor and he was “independent” because he had not yet seen my claim file.

Well obviously I was suspicious and upset and demanded that my claim be sent to an outside doctor, as it had been the two appeals before, and was told that I had to submitted my request in writing. I am still waiting for the company information.

Cigna has lied to me countless time during my experience. They tell me they never received my letter, they tell me they never received my faxes, they told me that they hadn’t heard from my doctor in almost 6 months and now they tell me that a Cigna paid doctor is independent.

DON’T EVER TRUST THIS COMPANY – EVER!

Cigna – Dallas Texas