Arkansas Valley Regional Complaints and Reviews

1100 Carson Ave
La Junta, Colorado 81050 USA

Phone Number: 719-384-5412
Corp Email: ContactUs@avrmc.org

There Are Currently No Ratings.

Is Arkansas Valley Regional a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

customer svc emergency visit

Had brought my son to the emergency room because he wanted a second opinion on his wound from a wasp bite. So far as anyone is concerned could have gotten worse if he was allergic to the bite. The 2 staff members were rude by stating to my son that he’ll have to wait, in the meantime, they allegedly had couple of “emergencies” but they too were waiting to be seen.

In the meantime, the staff was sitting on their counters talking not doing anything, one was on the computer but didn’t look like she was doing anything on it. If she was, it was questionable as to what she was doing, ie playing a game, writing a letter, don’t know for certain. The other female staff told me we just have to wait, that’s just the way it is. She could have said there is an emergency or something in a respectful manner for a decent customer service type of thing.

I’ve heard many other people who have complained about the emergency room at this particular hospital. This was on Sunday, July 15 in the afternoon. Then I went in yesterday (Wednesday), July 18 about 3:50pm due to cyst which burst a few days earlier & was spurting a continuous amount of crud out of the wound. It took about an hour of waiting to be put into a room & another amount of time to be seen. The staff said it would take another hour for the doctor to see me.

For all intents & purpose, this could have cost me a lot more health wise if this wound wasn’t taken care of. The doctor did come in 20 minutes later, went out & came back in after he checked the other patients he had. The doctor did incise the cyst further & cleaned it, took out pieces from the cyst. I had to wait til another staff to have this wound covered. No medication was given like ampicillan which would help heal the wound.

My son’s visit took approximately 3 hours & my visit took about 3 1/2 to 4 hours just to be seen & taken care of.

Comments