Rona Complaints

Rona Ratings

Rona Reports

Most Recent Rona Review

Is Rona a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Home Improvement Directory ListingLowe’s Companies Inc ListingParent: Lowes

Failed Roofing Guarantee

I contacted Rona to have new shingles put onto my roof. They gave me appraisal and I agreed. The roofer came out and completed the installation on the roof and refused to do the one out building that I had paid for as well. The problem was resolved quickly and the out building was completed. The roof was installed on Sept. 17, 2011.

In 2016 – just five years later, I had water coming into my house from several areas. I tried to contact the roofer and he was out of business and nowhere to be found.

I had it repaired immediately by an independent, as I could not get ahold of anyone in the Rona who would deal with this. I had water leaking into my lighting fixtures and sky light along with other water marks in various parts of the house.

Finally after six months dealing with Rona I finally got the name and contact information of the Western Canada Representative for Rona. He called in a house inspector and the inspector failed to note the two soft spots on the roof.

I contacted three reputable roofing companies to assess the roof. Two of the three backed out. The one who is willing to deal with the roof will not repair it as the original installer used only felt on a 2/12 pitch roof where it should have been the ice and water shield.

He will only do the roof properly as he basses his company’s name and reputation on his work. He has been in the business for over 35 years and has certifications.

I was informed by all the roofing companies to contact the Independent Roofing Assoc. for an unbiased assessment. I told this to the Rep. and he did not agree. The Rep. was suppose to get back to me but has not.

Rona is responsible for the poor installation of the roof and it appears they are avoiding it. It has now been 10 months of dealing with this issue. I have sent the quotes for both the roof and the damage done to the house. This (in my opinion) should have never gone on for this length of time.

I feel I am just getting lip service from Rona. Their warranties are worthless.

Rona Home Centre Location – 32290 Lougheed Hwy Mission British Columbia Canada