ARPwave Clinic Complaints

Most Recent ARPwave Clinic Complaints

Is ARPwave Clinic a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Health Services Directory ListingResponse From Company

Poor Customer Service By Owner

The arpwave therapy was offered by my pudendal nerve surgeon. He did advise he had not much experience with the company, or its results, but that my condition was so bad, maybe it would help. He had no affiliation or payment after i asked. I called the number on the flier, was sent the machine quickly. Was told i would hear from field rep the next day to set up one on one setup and daily therapy. 1-2 wks went by nothing.

Called company, they acted surprised i had not heard from their rep. 1-2 wks go by again. I call demand no charge to my insurance and cod return of equipment. The next day their field rep calls to set up appt. I missed call from rep next morning not feeling well, never heard again.

On the day of my son’s wedding i received call from owner ( a saturday), saying how hard it was to reach me, and demanded his expensive equipment back. I had not heard from company prior to conversation with rep as stated. I returned call promptly that day and chewed person who said he was owner out. He took on my case personally. We skyped once, tried to put me through a series of tests with leads, said he could fix me. He asked for insurance info, then never heard from him again.

I awoke with sever leg cramps after first treatment, did not use again. I called advising of spasms, owner said spasms cant be caused by his equipment. I had my wife there to make sure i was putting leads on correct place, this time he had me put them in totally different place. I did get relief of spasms that day. But no further contact.

I called owner again, i asked for detail treatment plan, with expectations on daily / weekly increments, have not heard or received any treatment plan. (this is almost 6-8 weeks from start) and only 2 treatments!I ( btw i am a healthcare professional under treatment)

I packaged equipment up labeled return cod to arpwave, and contacted my insurance stating do not pay or authorize payment. This is very complex equipment, with lead placement crucial to any patients treatment.

If the company is only after money they should at least be held accountable for incorrect treatment. Most patients are at their last resort, not looking for more complications. I have full documentation of contact dates, voicemails, and so on, so i can back up what i am saying. I cannot put a lost dollar amount yet, for i have not received bill yet.

Official Responses from ARPwave Clinic

By: Denis Thompson On: July 7, 2014

2nd Response from Denis Thompson – Owner of ARP Wave

Mr Dexter is a crook and a pathological liar and this complaint is entirely false. I normally do not respond to this sort of trash but it angered me so much after reading this I had to respond. This man has had our $18,000.00 piece of medical equipment at NO CHARGE since 3/4/14 when we sent it to him on his doctors recommendation to see IF we could help him. We could NOT reach him until I finally got him on May 20th and he told me no one had contacted him which was true since no one could contact him. The only reason he called me back is I asked for our equipment back since it was clear he did NOT need therapy. He set an appointment with me with the understanding we would do one treatment and if it did not work he would send equipment back the next day. If it did work which I was pretty confident it would he would go into treatment for his so called chronic pain. He set an appointment with me since I agreed to work with him which I normally never do. He rescheduled this appointment 5 times to the point I told him look all I am trying to do is see IF our therapy can help you. Keep in mind this man has had our equipment AT NO COST for two months. There is not one of your readers who would do this in an effort to help someone. We finally had our first appointment after numerous reschedules as you will see in the below text history. In the appointment he stated he had SEVERE pain and spasm on a scale of 10 a high 8. After the session he had virtually NO pain.
He was to sleep with the device that night and text me in the morning. He did not and it took me another 3 days to get back to him. He is a pathological liar and has no idea what he says from one conversation to another. I have cut and pasted his entire text message history to show the full truth not this crooks version. After seeing this complaint I requested AGAIN he send our equipment back which he says he did but when asked for verification he gives no response and I requested he take this complaint down. He refused so I contacted our attorney and told Mr Dexter we would take legal action against him if he did not respond. He did not respond so this now is the beginning of a very costly action against this crook. We have NOT been paid a dime. We have NOT filed ANY insurance claim so we are the one who should have the complaint. I think your service is a great service but it should also protect companies who are being extorted by crooks like Mr Dexter.
Denis Thompson
ARP Wave
952-431-9708

Here is the text history
Tuesday May 20th 11:52 ( Has had our equipment since 3-4-14 we have not been able to contact )
Donald
Dennis, This is Donald Dexter. You left a message stating difficulty connecting. I left you a VM on 5/13/14 advising Skype set up, my daughter even showed me how to send you a Skye message which we did. Never heard from you.
I did cancel my procedure after our discussion that weekend, but now am reconsidering due to no treatment with your product.
You can reach me at the number you have listed or text me back.
Honestly I could be your best salesman/performer, if this is the best service you have.

Denis
Donald i honestly never received any message. Weird. When are you available?

Donald
Tomorrow morning 9am my time would be best, or this evening 6pm my time if not to late.
Let me know what works best for you.

Lets do 6 tonight
What is your Skype address?

Sounds good.
That is a good question.
I will have to look, and get back to you
What I see is listed as Donald Dexter I input my mobile # is that how you reach me
I have you listed as ARPwave is that correct.
That is the address we sent message to before.
We tries your cell 1st, but got message unreachable
I will have my daughter present to help I hope.

Denis
On Skype my address is denis.thompson you obviously were not contacting me

Can we do 5?

Donald
Actually something came up can we do tomorrow ?
You name the time?

Are you home during day

9 in morning work?

See you at 9

Donald 5-21-14
Dennis here is a copy of our prior attempts to contact you.
Will see you @ 9am

Dennis,
I hate to ask yet again, but the nature of this condition robs you of you sleep and quality of lid.
I have finally been able to get about 2 hr of good sleep and can barely keep my eyes open.
Can we try in a few hours ?
I really need to get this done, my son is getting married on Sunday but with no rest I don’t want to ruin his day.

Let me know a good time

Donald
12-1 pm if that works, otherwise my daughter gets home around 6.
She can help , and remember, that way she can make sure I am doing things right.
Once the pain and spasms kick in it is so hard to focus on anything but the spasms and pain.
Today is my anniversary and I’m not even going to spend any quality time with my wife, that is how bad this condition gets.
I’m sure you know the suicide rates with Pudendal Neuralgia is extremely high.
I’ve been saving lives for almost 30 years and had never treated a patient that I know of with this condition. In Emergency Medicine, sometimes we don’t get to ask a lot of questions, by the time they hit our doors it’s life Saving mode, I truly didn’t believe the stats when I was first diagnosed 2 yrs ago, but I do now

Lets do 7 after your daughter is home

Thank you.
Just woke up, so should be in better position to complete

Denis
Send invitation to denis.thompson add me to your contact list on Skype

Donald
Ok just pulling up. Give me a few minutes

Are you on line

Did you add me?

What is your Skype name

Says I need Skype credit
It says
Donald Dexter
dexterpac99

Denis
Just sent request to you
Blk paddles for both or red/blk paddles
Black on inside red on outside

Denis 5-22-14
Donald have not heard from you. You told me you would text me when you woke up with the number of pain
Just woke about an Hr, ago.
1. Pain 1-2
2. Slept more than have in 2 yrs, but fatigued.
3. Best, least painful BM in I can’t remember.
Let the Therapy continue.

Great to hear

Just advise the plan.
If you want to Email me a plan
dexterpac99@yahoo.com

Denis
Please email me your insurance information. My email is denis.thompson@arpwave. com. I will have our billing service contact your carrier to see if your policy covers DME
TODAY repeat what we did last night

Will do.
I will take picture front and back on my iPad so is clear of card

Denis
Did you send insurance info?

Donald 5-23-14
Here it is
f that isn’t clear enough, will resend with iPad
May need a ride,
Will let you know

Denis 6-2-14
What is your date of birth the insurance company requires

Donald
What do they need with my Info?
They’re not insuring me
Your clear bra came today

This is Denis with ARP WAve we are trying to get you covered

Donald 6-3-14
Ok.
I am having severe spasms, now down to below knee upper calf region.
Getting ready to head to Dr.’s appt.
Maybe we can Skye later, my wife is home and can help and make sure I have pads I right location
Sorry,
I thought you where my son, on DOB question.
10-09-63
Spasms info is correct
Do not continue with insurance Authorization until I talk with my Surgeon.
Your machine has made condition much worse.
Don Dexter

Denis
I thought when we worked with each other on Skype your pain went from a 5-7 to 1-2 was that not the case?
The ARP if used under our supervision can not make any condition worse
Call me after 5:30 pm my time

Denis 6-4-14
Are you available?
Are you available?

Yeah what’s up

Denis
We need to talk about your therapy

Donald
I’m waiting on a call From my surgeon.
I’ll call when done

Donald 6-5-14
Can you call on Sat.
My wife works nights and gets off around 6am
She usually is up by 10-11am my time.
I’d like her to be present so she can make sure I am putting leads in correct areas, and any further instructions.
By mid-day my pain causes my thought process / forgetfulness etc.
Or Skype, so we can put on big scream
My wife says 10:00 – 10:30 our time works best

10:30 am Saturday?

Can we do Sat night?
We have grand kids I think until 6-7pm
Say 8pm my time if that works, or we can do Sunday morning?

8 is perfect on Sat night

Denis 6-7-14
Are you ready?
Incomplete.

Donald 6-8-14
One lease came off during night.
Will re run tonight with better protection over leads

How do you feel? Number?

2-3
So not sure when lead came off, I presume early in night.

Denis
That is MUCH better than normal correct

Donald
About same. I just woke up when I sent the message.

So you get up daily at pain of 2-3? I thought it was 8-9

Donald
Been up 1-1/2 hr now and pain at least 5-6, searing pain setting in and will be done for the day before 2pm
Muscle spasms in Lt Glut. / posterior upper Hamstring, pain into medial upper thigh /groin.
I will repeat the process tonight and make sure I have pads more secure.
The pad on lower back is the one that came off.

Denis
Put pads on where we had last night when I treated you and power to 2 it should knock out pain

Donald 6-9-14
Ok
How long do I leave it on?
Has been on for just over Hr.
Taking it off, so I can get in pool.
Will redo tonight or sooner if needed
Burning pain 1-2 today. Yesterday did lower pain to back to baseline, with leg thigh/Hamstring spasms resolved @ # setting as you advised.

Denis
Repeat you are on target
Set @ 1.5 over night.
As stated pain better on waking, but entire leg into foot feels like just after pulling a muscle, tight, sore. Soreness goes all the way to posterior aspect of plantar region of ft.
I assume fatigued from rapid fire of equip.?

Denis
Sore is good pain is bad

Donald
If its expected from treatment, good.
If not expected from machine bad, because this is new, without Provocation

Denis
It is expected you are finally working your muscles
Is similar to episode I had day of visit to my sureons, but nowhere near intensity.

That is good to know.
How often do you want to Skype?

Donald
Can you email me a plan, including what to expect (. ie @ 1st wk, 1st month and so on)
I understand each PT is different, just need to gear my head & advise my Doc’s as treatment continues
dexterpac99@yahoo.com

Denis
Sure will work up for you

Thx

Denis 6-30-14
Please contact me asap

Donald
Your machine has been sent back and I have contacted my insurance as to any attempt to bill for services not received.

Denis
We HAVE NOT BILLED YOU OR ANYONE AND YOU HAVE HAD OUR EQUIPMENT FOR MONTHS. Do you think that is fair? Where did you send equipment? When ?
I read your complaint on line. All I have done is try to help you and after every session you have told me you were better. Please take your complaint down and tell me where you sent our equipment
You at least OWE me this

By: On: October 16, 2012

I am surprised by the comments made. Immediately upon concerns from the consumer we agreed to let them rent the system rather than license it( at their request) for a month to see if it worked for them. They were fully aware that the rental would be $750 for the month and the deposit of $1000 would be returned when we got the equipment back. Within 2 days we were informed they did not even want to try it and were filing a chargeback with their credit card company. WE agreed we wouldn’t fight it, but once started we couldn’t reverse the charge till the CC company cancelled the chargeback. We contacted the CC company numerous times and also our servicer with no luck. After a month the CC company finally deposited the funds into the clients account and they then returned our equipment. I don’t know what else we could have done for them. WE refunded their money in its entirety – Offered a trial of the service when they already had contracted for a full License. WE have helped people all over the world and are very concerned that our customers are dealt with fairly.

Most Recent Reviews About ARPwave Clinic

Submit a Complaint or Review For ARPwave Clinic

36 Comments on "ARPwave Clinic"

I got the ARP Wave treatment for unbearable, unrelenting pain in my hamstring of both legs from origin to insertion in June 2014. I had a lot of muscle adhesions from over training. After spending thousands on other types of therapies, I tried ARP Wave with a competent and well-trained provider. I took 10 sessions of 5 minutes each where I did some assigned and challenging movements while under stimulation. I was put on a strict high protein diet (I did not have to eat meat – protein powder was fine) I stopped training in my sport (triathlon) during the… Read more »

Trying to sell my arp wave 6303620012 or email johnparkerbears@yahoo.com

Unquestionably the best for of therapy in existence today. Fox Sports Dallas just dd a feature story on the ARP Waves ability to eliminate the need for Tommy John surgery. To date, the clinic in Dallas has eliminated 50 cases, and Boston Globe picked up the story. My son had a torn labrum, and we spent $1,800 for 10 sessions. End of 10 sessions, labrum healed and he played in the following game, CLEARED by the school doc. I have done my research, especially when it came to my sons health, talked to the parents in McKinney Texas, Copell TX,… Read more »

There is nothing but anecdotal evidence. Dennis is too dumb to understand the difference between “empirical” and “scientific,” he used to use the terms interchangeably when questioned about the studies. Studies the world is still waiting for. This thing is a BOX OF ELECTRICITY. Of course it can harm you, and even screw up your nervous system in the process. You can get results, but you will pay through the teeth and probably still get scammed in the process.

I don’t mind getting “scammed” for a therapy that works, especially when it cost less than other therapies that were only temporary.

I am a Chiropractor in Minneapolis Minnesota and have been using the ARP machine in my clinic for 12 years and treated thousands of patients with it. Like any therapy, it does not help 100% of the time but it is by FAR the best therapy device I have used in 20 years of practice. I agree with one of the comments below, though, that it is better to have the therapy done in a trained clinic vs. trying the at home route as pad placement and settings are critical for success. NFL and Olympic teams would not be using… Read more »

BEWARE!!! DO NOT USE!! STAY FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that the implimentation of the sale and rental of this device may be flawed and the sales strategies may be dishonest, but as far as i am concerned the works wonders. For those that it has helped it is well worth the money, and for those that it has not helped it is not worth the hastle.

I LOVE Arp treatments they have changed my life. Find an office to do the treatments if you are in pain.

I am a division 1 baseball player, I recently the labrum on my throwing shoulder. I was told that i would never be the pitcher that i used to be and that I could either get the labrum tear surgery; which has a 33% return rate and 9 month recovery time, or endure pain with every throw and have drastically reduced velocity and control. I used the ARP extensively for about 3 months, going through much pain and unpleasantness during that time. (this is normal when using the arp, no pain no gain) Not only is there zero pain when… Read more »

We bought one for my son who is a division 1 baseball player. He tore his acl in wrestling his 10th grade year in high school. Never had it repaired to this day thanks to the arp. No brace is needed. The knee does get sore sometimes but it is missing the acl. Also allowed him to recover from elbow surgery in less then two months. His doctor said he never saw that speedy of a recovery. The arp is uncomfortable to use but isn’t a scam.

BEWARE, BEWARE BEWARE, This is scam to the nth degree. I found out there is in place by State Law a CONSENT ORDER, against Denis Thompson and Arp wave. In legal terms that means a state judge sign a CONSENT ORDER against Denis Thompson and his claims about arp wave,to CEASE AND DESIST. If he still continues what he is doing he can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There are also many lawsuits against Denis Thompson and his coherts for fraud.

I was thinking about using this system, until I came across this site and a few others. I am not sure what to do. I am definitely heeding the warning by some of the individuals on this site, however why are there so many professional athletes (Tim Thomas, Dwight Freeney, Tim Hightower etc…) getting involved with the program (through evo ultrafit which uses the arpwave system). It’s not like they really need the money and want to get caught up in any kind of scam. So there has to be some truth to the system’s claims, right?

Find a licensed PT facility that uses the Arp Wave and try it. It has drastically changed my life. I was ready to give up and have back surgery when I was introduced to the Arp Wave by a PT specialist. He is working with many pro athletes with good success. I found you still need ocasional tune ups (once in two years for three treatments) but my pain level is down dramatically and my activity level is back to normal.

I will not speak about the business model of the ARP, it’s not something I can afford so I never gave it much thought. But I did go to a clinic after 8 months of a neck injury that I was about to have injury on to fix a disc issue. The arp is painful as it forces muscles to work that don’t want to. After each session I felt better and better and after about 8 sessions I felt normal again. I have been back about 15 more times for various minor issues. I have never been burned!! I… Read more »

Every negative thing posted here about ARP WAVE is absolutely true. These people absolutely can not be trusted. They lie, cheat and do it shamelessly. Furthermore, it doesn’t work. Every last one of these people are nothing but snakes!!!!!!!

I would be more interested to hear about if it works. If you pay for it and don’t get it that would be a scam if you pay for it and it doesn’t work that would be a scam. But if you pay for it theres hidden fees and all that and it works thats not exactically a scam thats just someone thats not reading all into what it intails. I would like to hear more from the people that have tried the machine and if it works or does not work.

Here is the break down for plans: Rental of ARPTrainer=$750 plus a $1000 fully refundable security deposit. This gives you 30 days of use. License of ARPTrainer: If after 1 month you want to keep it and Licence the device the total would be $10,000 and you would be credited your month rental and sec. deposit. License for the RX100 would be $18,000. All license plans come with guidence at a minimum of 60 hours. Oh yeah, and you also pay for shipping. This is something conveyed to all individuals who are seeking information on ARPWave Treatment. There is also… Read more »

I just had my 2nd arp treatment and I’m experiencing a great deal of burning in my shoulders and neck as well as a severe headache during the day. My Dr. said that it’s normal as the calcium deposits, arthritus and bone spurs in my neck are breraking up and that’s a good thing.
Is he right?

Make sure you are taking in sufficient protein to offset the workout your muscles are being put through. I didn’t on my first treatment and was VERY sore the next two days. After that I used the protein supplement as proscribed and the soreness was very minimal. And the Arp Wave fixed my chronic back pain.

Bob,
Ask your Dr. for published evidence in support of his/her statement – he/she won’t be able to produce a shred of evidence! This machine is dangerous to use around the chest or neck (my opinion) because our hearts and brains depend on electrical signals to work. The arp wave machine messes with normal electrical activity – and I would suggest, thus the headache.

Its a scam. I was told I would get financing for the machine as a licensee to treat people with it. 2 weeks after the machine the company sent out an email trying to collect from me $1000 and then another $600 after telling me that I didnt receive financing. I told them they didnt provide any of the services they initial promised "business in a box" and I am not paying those amounts. I got an extention for another 2 weeks which would have made it a month since starting a normal billing cycle for any other venture u… Read more »

Clara’s statement is completely true by my experence also!

"ARP Wave is a shameless group of con artist that is scamming those that have looked to them for help when they had little help of recovery by conventional means."

I had dealings with them a year ago and find it hard to believe they haven’t changed their name.

These people are crooks!

Clara: Everything you said is a COMPLETE fabrication of the truth. I am opening my very own ARP clinic in Dallas after spending hours and hours watching them treat people and seeing the effect this amazing technology had on people. What you have FAILED to grasp or even SEE is the hundreds of people they have gotten out of wheel chairs, stroke victims that have gotten their lives back in addition to the HUNDREDS of pro athletes who trust their MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR CAREERS to their system!!! Your complaining about "outrageous fees???" For real? How about the surgeries people have AVOIDED… Read more »
Excuse me!!! This is snake oil medicine. I happen to know pro athletes. You are full of crap!Have you ever had your ankled shattered! I have! My Orthopedic surgeon gave me my ankle back in full form. Im walking around in high heels again. This is a glorified ultrsound to get rid of immediate pain, nothing more. Arp can’t fix that. The best orthopeadic surgeon can and did for me the best medical treatment. The physical therapy has to come from within your body and the inside process, Not from some artificial stimulation. All this scam Arp wave is a… Read more »
I know it’s been a while. But I went through over 20 treatments and it was painful during and after the first few treatments after that it is still pretty painful during treatments but as your body is repaired it is great. I want to ask anyone who has one and doesn’t want it to contact me at 928-848-9276. I will purchase it. I have not had any body call or contact me. That tells me that this product works beyond belief since it is so hard to find. Don’t believe me, do your own search and see if anyone… Read more »

why, what do you have to hide or edit?

I’ve not only done my research but was an ARP guide for these jokers. Jay is absolutely ruthless and has no concern for people that have proven through their life’s work that they want to help people change there lives. After being promised by Tram that I would make 100,000 a year i reluctantly paid the 5,000 dollars and flew to Arizona to attend a weekend long training that consisted of Jay Talking about himself and his Ferrari and Ducati. I actually treated several patients over skype and was good at what I did. After seeing people not achieve any… Read more »
Mark, You are clearly drinking the cool-aid still. Yes this company does in fact run a scam. Yes, Mark ARPwave has provided care for and successfully helped hundreds of people that were in pain but they did this by skirting federal and state laws while at the same time throwing those people that invest in this system under the bus. Meaning that they never disclose how and what needs to be done in order to effectively and legally operate this business. Does this system help? Yes it does if it is done correctly and I can tell you that ARPwave… Read more »

Devon please call the clinic and ask for the operations officer and we will try and take care of whatever has been a negative experience for you. There has obviously been something to ignite these feelings.

"The difference is that if you go to a chiro or a massage therapist, herbalist, and the list goes on and on, they don’t turn around and charge for things unspoken and or they don’t slide in other types of charges and continue to hold the patient hostage with the idea that the only way they can get healthy is to go through them and only them."

What did they charge for that they said they wouldn’t and how would they hold a patient hostage?

I also wanted to add that we wanted to rent it and see if it was right for us and we were talked out of it. We were told that we had to pay $750 for a one month rental and $1000 deposit for the machine and since that was only a little bit away from a down payment that we should go for the plan and forego the rental. First it was 90 days same as cash then it was suddenly 60 when he checked because the sakes guy has no idea of what the actual finances were. We… Read more »

Sorry John I thought you were a plant from ARP and I read your words wrong. ARP lies by omission they do not tell you that they are going to charge you forever until you give them your credit card information!!!

No one said the complaint was resolved, what are you talking about John? I just posted it today and you are the ones with the iamge issue. I like many others have found you out to be a fraud and little puzzled post aren’t gong to save you.

Peter,

You know what you do and responding in a puzzled manner to the truth and saying that it is another website is an out and out lie, your website is linked on this page. Try these one for size. Have you ever heard of lting by omission, you wrote the book.

bbb.org/minnesota/business-reviews/health-and-medical-general/arpwave-in-apple-valley-mn-96119794

Umm how could a complaint from September 10th be resolved already? I also search Google for the content of the complaint and it doesn’t show up on any other sites, sorry ARP, don’t lie it doesn’t help your image.

This is an old complaint from another website and Dr. Parker’s complaint was processed and the outcome was to his satisfaction. Our goal is to help people achieve a better quality of life and when there are mistakes in customer service made we rectify them immediately.