YMCA Complaints

Most Recent YMCA Complaints

Is YMCA a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Gyms / Fitness Clubs Directory ListingYMCA of the USA Listing

"Discrimination Practice" by Lisa @ Wheeler Regional

I was approached by Lisa of membership services (complaining) that I am using a ymca branch “Supposedly” way more than I use my primary ymca in downtown hartford ct. I spoke to her in detail telling her that because of my chronic health conditions including uncontrolled gout & type 2 diabetes, etc…That sometimes because of the way I physically feel, & due to some inaccessibility issues, i can’t always make it to get to the downtown hartford ct, ymca sometimes – due to health reasons & bad weather!

I feel I’m personally being singled out&discriminated against because of my physical health/disability that I struggle & suffer through day in/out

I wont lie about this because of a past negative experience I had with this same person lisa from a few months ago. This facility shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate against anyone based on their health conditions&baseless allegations&”Paranoid fears” that don’t substantiate due cause.

This is from what I’ve personally experienced & I’m voicing my concerns to the public to be mindful & not allow the wheeler regional ymca of plainville,ct to permit this type of treatment/”Discrimination” against anyone disabled or otherwise!

Wheeler Regional Ymca – 149 Farmington Ave Plainville CT 06062 | 860-793-9631

15 Most Recent Reviews About YMCA

Submit a Complaint or Review For YMCA

3 Comments on "YMCA"

I am a former member of the East Shore YMCA in Harrisburg, PA. I went there to get in shape after pregnancy to make myself feel better after dealing with depression brought on by the death of my daughter’s father. My daughter’s father was mentally and physically abusive. When working with a trainer during the Y-fit appointments, I developed a personal relationship with him. During my time working out and getting to know this trainer, I related to him specific details about the abuse that I had endured. Some of the abusive tactics used was lying about going to work… Read more »

Be warned they swipe cards without matching identification just because the person claims to be the spouse of the person whose name is actually on the card & puts their name on the membership as well. No permission slip, no proof of marriage nothing. Then refuse to cancel the membership claiming you have to be one for a year & plans to continue charging the fraudulently used card. Never doing business with them again.

disgusting place. Utter rip off.