Anytime Fitness Complaints and Reviews

Corp Email: memberexperience@anytimefitness.com
Company Contact: Chuck Runyon - CEO

Is Anytime Fitness a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Manipulative, Money hungry Liars at Anytime Fitness

Anytime fitness is crap, I’ve been going to this one – 1863 Hendersonville Rd Asheville NC 28803, 828-277-7117. DON’T go there if you want to be manipulated and ripped off!

Me and my boyfriend were put on a couples account and signed contracts to be locked in that way by an employee there who does their boot camp. And at this point I’m not even sure if they still have him there, because they act like he never existed.

Now we paid on time every month about 72 dollars, and they started charging twice and sometimes $72, and sometimes $68, and charged random amounts.

So a couple months later he lost his job, and we are in school right now, and we were going to pay the fee we had due and a cancellation fee if needed. But somehow our accounts are separate.

And now and he owes 96 dollars and I owe 148 dollars?

I would guess they separated our accounts in July. Not only do I get the harassing phone calls, but overtime I’ve called that gym. The girl that works there gives me a different story like she was supposed to freeze my account at 96 dollars; and was supposed to call me and she never did. She told me the members are given a option of contract or no contract, and we were not given that option.

When I call back to ask about it now, its every one is given a contract. When I asked about cancelling my account it was- come in there and talking to the owner; then turned into paying with her 200 dollars for “our” account. Now its separate and no one ever called and told us they separated our accounts after all.

So now we both pay 200 dollars. So in total I would pay 380 or more, which is ridiculous and unfair.

When I called again now I have to email someone to cancel my account and its always something new!

When I’ve tried to speak to the frown owner its like he is never there.

So at this point I don’t know what to do because no one is helping me and honestly the way vie been treated. I would want a full refund of our money spent or some kind of deal because I’m going to go to the Better Business Bureau, if not or going to get some help!

Comments

2 Comments on "Anytime Fitness"

This is against Anytime Fitness in Canyon Lake Tx I told them three times I wanted to quit and had to wait until contract was ended. I did that and then they said I owed them a thirty days notice.My contract ended Dec. 31 and I went into the business on Dec. 10 and told them I was quiting and no one said a word. Jan. 13 I had creditors calling me about this from ABC financial and they also said I needed to have written a letter. They call every day and do not stop.

This site is garbage they don’t even have a complaint removal option…. (Also they charge business like $500 to argue against comments… wow) The Anytime Fitness owner contact me and worked with me to resolved the issue. She indicated that as a franchise sometimes communication between them and corporate can be difficult, which I understand. She also explained the the increase I saw was for a credit card update fee to a membership fee increase. She was nice enough to refund the fee and she even went a step further and offered to not charge us for our last month.… Read more »