Food Lion Complaints and Reviews

Phone Number: 800-210-9569
Company Contact: Rick Anicetti - President & CEO

Is Food Lion a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Rude Cashiers

The cashier at Food Lion was extremely rude to myself, my elderly mother and my young son. I was trying to use my WIC produce check and she was sighing and growling like it was such a huge burden for her to have to do her job, which she wasn’t even doing correctly. She was smacking her gum and blowing bubbles the entire time she was scanning my food items.

At one point she typed in that I had russet red potatoes and was about to charge me around $15 for those, but I actually had 4 sweet potatoes. I pointed this mistake out to her and she snapped at me that it was a wic check so it didn’t matter.

She then slammed my sweet potatoes down and typed in the code for sweet potatoes but did not weight them and thus she made a mistake on my wic check through misrepresentation of the prices.

I tried to get a manager but she said it didn’t matter.

I had one more transaction and it was not wic. During this time, the cashier continued to smack on her bubble gum and slam my food items around. Crushing my pretzels and breads. She made rude remarks about myself, my mother and my son and tried to scan items twice to make me pay more.

Then she didn’t scan my coupons and lied saying that she tried and it wouldn’t go through.

My four year old son yelled at her that she didn’t even try, because honestly she didn’t even try to use my coupon.

I went to customer service and the manager on duty claimed that there was nothing they could do for a completed transaction and gave me 50 cents for my coupon and sent me away. There was no apology or anything.

Food Lion Location – 3975 Platte Springs Rd West Columbia South Carolina 29170 | 803-755-9277