Los Angeles County DCFS Complaints and Reviews

Corp Email: pinquiries@dcfs.lacounty.gov
Company Contact: Philip L. Browning - Director

Reported Losses: $53,062,000.00
Average Reported Losses: $4,823,818.18

Is Los Angeles County DCFS a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

I'm fightin4families - Stop DCFS and bring our kids home!

My name is Stacey Hill and DCFS has lied, invaded my privacy, made false and untrue allegations that they still can not prove they have violated my rights as a human and american citizen. CPS & DCFS needs to be stopped before they ruin another families life.

I was homeless for almost 3 years in that 3 years I had my 4th child with my now husband  and made  the foolish decision to give my ex husband primary custody of our 3 for the time being until i was able to give them the home they needed, my 3 older children took the divorce very hard and I didn’t want to put them through any more dramatic experiences, such as moving from motel to motel or living on skid row in shelters.

My ex husband assured me I could see them anytime and he would never keep the kids from me and when I got back on my feet we could go back to our original custody agreement which is 50/50. Man was I fooled. Not a day after I signed the legal documents was I ordered to go to meditation for modification of our visitations, My ex knowing at this moment I was living in Lancaster had the documents delivered to my moms house which i was never personally served and had no clue I had a mediation appointment.

Needless to say today looked very bad on my part and My ex got to make up any visitation he wanted, which he did 2 hours monitored visits every other Sunday, that 4 hours a month.

I went from being a stay at home mom, with my children every single day of their lives to not even being able to attend their music recitals. My ex took advantage of the fact that I was homeless with a new born child and completely alienated me from them.

Every time I would try to go back to court to get the visits modified he would call DCFS on me making up false allegations, this is one of many tactics that some attorneys suggest to their clients to do, because if their is an open referral court would have to be postponed till further notice. He did like 4 times, which I never had a problem with because In have nothing to hide and i don’t abuse my children me and and my current husband have never touched one hair on any of our children.

So DCFS came to visit me in the motel rooms and once in my mother in-laws home but the referral was always closed nothing of what my ex stated was ever true, or at least that’s what I thought… Foolish me for having faith in our very broken very unjustified system.

So fast forward to April of 2016 all state funds for motel vouchers have been put on hold till further funds could be issued to family programs and I started sleeping in my car most nights, when it became this bad I made sure my youngest daughter Dylan then 2 years old went to go stay with her grandma while I waited for motel vouchers to become available.

I prayed and knew that giving up was not an option, my 3 children were getting worse and couldn’t understand why they couldn’t live with mommy and why can’t mommy come to our activities.

I never spoke negatively of my ex or his new wife until February of 2016 when my daughter was put at the age of 11 on a 51/50 hold, she told her teacher that she can’t live with her mommy than she rather die.

Still not having any clue to whats been going on, my ex calls and tells me that our daughter had been admitted into the hospital for suicide attempt and that she only wants her mommy and wont talk till I’m there.

I found sitter for my youngest and hauled a*s from downtown to Kaiser woodland hills. The guilt of this ripped through my heart, I knew my kids missed me but had no clue it was this bad.

I got to the hospital and Jordyn immediately cried and apologized, why would this apologize, because us adults are not working together but rather holding onto resentment of the past.

I looked at Adam and asked if we could speak for a moment. You would think things would have gotten better, you would think that this would open his eyes See what he was doing to our children.

Things only got worse sadly to say, at least for the kids it did. So now its April and i get the call you only get once in a lifetime, and that’s if your lucky. I get call from my FSC worker asking me if I could go to an appointment to look at an apartment in a beautiful part of downtown, but I only have 30 minutes to get there, I got there in 10. I approach an apartment building so beautiful it brought years to my eyes. The tenants that were supposed to move in backed out last minute and all the people On The 10 year waiting list could not move in last minute, so I met Cindy the Angel that did what ever she needed to do to get my family a home.

My application was initially denied and she appealed. Cindy requested a meeting my only chance after being denied. I had went through application after application due to bad credit history, but Cindy never gave up.

Its now the last week of April and i get another call from Adam , our daughter is back in the hospital on another 51/50 hold, I rushed down there and walked into my daughter’s just hoping to God I get the apartment so this can all just stop and I can just get back to being the mother they need me to be. Jordyn wouldn’t let me leave and begged her father if she could just be with me and if she could spend the night with me, of course he said no but did offer to let men take all 3 kids to the Dodgers game he was supposed to take them to. So we went and had a wonderful night that only got better  because at 10:30pm it was bottom of the 9th Cindy calls and tells me I got the apartment.

I started screaming and The Kids looked at me, I then explained that I finally found a Home for us! Their response was so sweet, Skyler said now can we live with you mommy. I moved into a 3 bedroom apartment with nothing but an inflatable bed.one Suitcase, a DVD player and a small tv. It didn’t matter to me what i had all that mattered was i found my family a home. Dylan looked at me and asked where are we, I said home.

Adam started to let the kids stay over one night every other week, I didn complain because I was working with Perpperdine Legal assistance located in the union rescue mission, they were amazing and assisted me in all the paperwork and filing to get my parental rights back and to get our court orders back to the 50/50.

The kid are visiting on one of their weekends and I feel as their mom its not right for me to ask them questions or involve them on adult business, but for some reason Skyler brings up today Shane always gets his ways, I quickly correct Skyler and tell him that’s not true, that’s when it came out..

)Shane has been bashing his head into the wall so hard he made a hole, that their Step mom has been calling Shane names like little sh*t and has been slapping Shane in the face on numerous times, then it all made perfect sense my ex had been alienating them so they couldn’t tell me about the abuse, Skyler being thrown in his room and locked, Jordyn and Shane being put on anti depressant medication, Jordyn being put down and told very nasty and horrible things about me, being told by my ex husband that I love Dylan more and I just gave them away because I didn’t love them….

I was in shock and explained to the kids that I will always love them and I would go to the end of the earth for them, I explained my side telling them that I was only doing what I thought was best and I didn’t want them to go through what me and Dylan went through and that I never gave up that it took me almost 3 years but It was worth it because we finally had a home and we can finally be together.

I called DCFS for the first time in my life and reported what the kids had told me, worried for their safety i went to the Perpperdine clinic and they assisted me in filing an ex-parte which is an emergency hearing to get immediate custody of the kids but because there was an open referral my request was denied and scheduled for June 29th 2016 to preside infront of our judge. I was so angry, and sad and more frustrated with the system than I have ever been, but i knew that the truth would prevail.

I worked very closely with the DCFS worker assigned to the case, I really appreciated her. She was nice and one if the good ones and i had faith that she would be the one to change everything, she be the one that does full and thorough investigation and see what Adam has done. Sadly this was not the case.

She called me about two weeks before or court date and notified me that her supervisor is forcing her to close the case, I asked her if she had talked to the kid’s teacher who has reported Adam to DCFS on many occasions, apparently my ex has had several open referral including one for slapping all 3 of our children in the face for not going to bed, Jordyns counselor called after being questioned about the bruise on her face. Apparently Adam admitted to slapping them and was told by the worker that he can hit them but only on the butt and only with his hand.

Now at this point I’m just finding out about all of this and am thinking to myself how come I was never notified of these open referrals and how come he has not been in any kind of trouble. I later found out what was happening and that when I knew my children were  victims of PAS (Parental Alienation Syndrome)

Adam was upset at me he refused to let me speak to the kids or see them for over 3 weeks, I finally got a hold of the court house and notified them of the issues at hand and I was told to call the police on Adam if he continued to break our visitation agreement so I notified him of what I was going to do in hopes that he would not let it go that far, for the kids sake.

Meanwhile I was very upset with the whole outcome with DCFS, Laurie the worker that I had so much faith in told me that she does feel like there is abuse going on with my children in their fathers home but the kids told her that none of the things they told me was happening happened and her supervisor forced her to close the case.

I literally talked to Laurie for 30 minutes, she tried to comfort me and told me I was making all the right choices  and stay positive and don’t give up because she was on my side and that she recommended in her report that the kids want to and should live with mom, and that she felt that father and step mom was damaging the children emotionally and physically.

So I did just that, Adam finally agreed to letting me have the kids for the night this would be June 19th 2016 fathers day, so the kids came over and we had a great,we made the kids their favorite dinner bacon wrapped meatloaf with home made bbq sauce and mashed potatoes. I remember that might clear as day, Shane of course went to bed early and asked me to lay down worth him. So I did. Jordyn laid down as well with us, I remember I ended up falling asleep Jordyn woke me up and asked if could go to my room so we did. I remember hearing Skyler laughing in the kitchen with my Husband and thinking life could get any be

The next morning was Fathers day and my husband was getting ready to go meet with his father, I mentioned something about my ex husband and my husband is very adamant about not discussing any adult business on front of the children, Im not going to lie I was very upset at this point with my ex husband and my husband quickly reminded me that we will never do to the children what Adam has.

So I asked the kids to go outside while we finished our conversation. I remember thinking that Jordyn seemed a little upset but I just thought maybe she still getting used to the medication she’s been forced to be on.

Before i knew it there was a knock on the door and when I opened it, it was the cops. I invited them in and they notified me that Jordyn went next door and told the neighbor to call the cops that her step father was attacking me. I was very confused and let them talk to me and the kids and they took my husband outside to talk with him, they saw that there was nothing that would indicate any abuse or anything else. So they left and so did my husband, two hours later the kids got picked up by Adam.

Tuesday I get a knock on the door and its Nelly Oganesyan from DCFS I open the door already knowing Adam called., I answered all her questions and she thentold me she needed to talk to my 2 year old daughter in the room alone.

At this point I didn’t know my rights so i just let her, she made it seem as if I didn’t have a choice. That week I had court for the emergency hearing, we had mediation on Wednesday and Thursday we were to see the Judge. I had expressed to the mediator that Adam was alienating me from the children, she explained that what Adam was doing was not healthy and just because he had primary custody he does not have the right to do what he has been doing.

Today morning Nelli called and asked if she could come by , she said she needed me to sign some paper work, I reminded her that I had mediation but she was  more team welcome to come by after I was done.

I called Nelli the minute I got out of court and told get I would be home in an hour. I got home I started feeding Dylan when the door bell rang, I looked through the peepb hole and I saw Nelli, I opened the door and Nelli pushed herself in and two cops came from hiding by the wall.

At this point Im very confused and asked whats going On. She gives me a court order stating that Dylan is being taken into custody. I stood looking at her and asked on what grounds she simply stated because your a liar. I replied telling her that I’m not a liar and have been nothing but honest, maybe too honest I have been very cooperative and always made myself available at any time.

I got Dylan bag ready and told Nelli that shes wrong and this isn’t end and accused her of not conducting a thorough investigation she told me well web don’t care what you have to say, you can try but won’t succeed, she actually said that. She continued to say i didn’t care about Your opinion and you can call my supervisor she just going to tell exactly what Im telling you. That your a liar. I kept my composure and said bye to Dylan,I told her she was going to Nanas house and that I love her, she had her little backpack on she turned around And said bye mommy, I going to nana’s house.

They took Dylan on Thursday the weekend of 4th of July so I did not go to court until Tuesday July 5th. I would learn that DCFS practices this tactic a lot taking the kids closer to the end of the week, your rights are that you have 72 hours to appear in front of a judge but conveniently they tell you that weekends dont count but I read We were staying at a motel in Santa Monica and Adam had just take the kids to a wwe wrestling match, So the boys wanted to wrestle which I’m not a fan of but my husband started playing with the boys, I was sitting right there with Jordyn and Dylan and my husband picked up Summer and pretend slammed him on the bed, I’m guessing they told Adam that they were wrestling and Adam called DCFS.

So that turned into my Husband throwing Skyler across the room, punching him in the stomach and causing head trauma, all the while I’m standing watching not doing anything to stop this so I am now a neglectful parent that does not care for the safety of her children.

I stopped my pretender and said all of this is untrue and I don’t know why my children would say such things but none Of that is true. She said that DCFS has 90 days to produce evidence if In that time they can’t you most likely with get your daughter back. “Wait what they don’t have evidence then how can they just come and take Dylan like that if they can’t prove any of these allegations, and what am I being charged with? She replied “Your not being charged , they took Dylan On the basis that she could  possibly be neglected or abused in the future.

So let me break down how corrupted and disgusting our family court system , for every child DCFS removes from their home they receive twenty thousand , if you don’t do everything they ask of you and remember when i first went to court and Dylan was awarded to the State so technically they can do whatever they want with your child and they do.

If you think I’m lying do the research it will blow your mind and make you think twice about this country we live in that lets any of our government agencies get away with this disgusting, immoral, illegal activities. If your child is over the age 3 you have a year before they are sold to the highest bidder.

Every time I go to Edelman Court house and look at all the families DCFS has destroyed and most recent I took a real hard look at all the people and realized it was all lower class people, of Latin and African American cultures and there were a few Caucasians but I realized at that moment we all had one thing in common, we all were barely getting by, no chance for a fair fight we were just Low income families that loved our children and worked hard for everything we had, you could see the despair and the hopelessness in each and every one of us, and that’s when it hit me DCFS goes after the weak the uneducated the recovering addicts, they go after the ones they know wont or cant fight back .

Here’s an example….

We were staying at a motel in Santa Monica and Adam had just take the kids to a wwe wrestling match, So the boys wanted to wrestle which Im not a fan of but my husband started playing with the boys, I was sitting right there with Jordyn and Dylan and my husband picked up Summer and pretend slammed him on the bed, I’m guessing they told Adam that they were wrestling and Adam called DCFS.

So that turned into my Husband throwing Skyler across the room, punching him in the stomach and causing head trauma, all the while Im standing watching not doing anything to stop this so I am now a neglectful parent that does not care for the safety of her children.

I stopped my pretender and said all of this is untrue and I dont know why my children would say such things but none Of that is true. She said that DCFS has 90 days to produce evidence if In that time they can’t build a case you most likely with get your daughter back. & Wait what they do have any evidence then how can they just come and take Dylan like that if they cant prove any of these allegations, and what am I being charged with? She replied Your not being charged , they took Dylan On the basis that she could possibly be neglected or abused in the future.

If your child is under the age of 3 and you don’t comply with their orders they can legally give your child up for adoption, but wait it gets better they sell your child to the highest bidding adoption agency. If you think I’m m lying do the research it will blow your mind and make you think twice about this country we live in that lets any of our government agencies get away with this disgusting, immoral, illegal activities. If your child is over the age 3 you have a year before they are sold to the highest bidder.

Every time I go to Edelman Court house and look at all the families DCFS has destroyed and most recent I took a real hard look at all the people and realized it was all lower class people, of Latin and African American cultures and there were a few Caucasians but I realized at that moment we all had one thing in common, we all were barely getting by, no chance for a fair fight we were just Low income families that loved our children and worked hard for everything we had, you could see the despair and the hopelessness in each and every one of us, and thatnwhen it hit me DCFS goes after the weak the uneducated the recovering addicts, they go after the ones they know wont and cant fight. It has been a known fact and coming directly from a many former DCFS workers of over 20 years that 90% of children taken out of their homes were wrongfully taken it has also been proven that children have been sexually and physical abused while in the care of DCFS. Let’s get back to my case…

We go into court I sit down and they ask me my name and almost immediately award Dylan  to the State , I officially lost custody of Dylan, they had no evidence, no charges nothing, and they can legally just take your child. I stood up and asked the court permission to speak to the Judge, he granted it and I expressed that none of these allegations are true and I have documents showing I was lied to and My rights were violated. He looked right through me and asked if I were done, he then set a new date for next month and court ordered me to therapy, parenting classes and random drug test, but wait I’m not an addict nor do I have a history of drug abuse.

I walked out sick to my stomach, I could not believe what just happened, i felt i was in the most horrible dream any parent could be in but It wasn’t, and l had a dream it was real and I could not stop crying.

I later learned that crying is looked very negatively upon, to them it shows emotional instability. My pretender comes out and tells me to get enrolled in victims of domestic violence classes and I should think about getting a divorce… I was confused, I asked What why, did the Judge order that? She said no but it’s in your best interest if you want your daughter back, she then walked away.

Now October 12, 2016 ,we had trial set for September 26, but surprise they postponed it for not one month but two month’s because they said my husband is in prison, I tell them this is not true but It doesn’t matter, the best part was they granted my ex husband Dylan’s entire file so he can use it against me in our child custody hearing.

So according to the California law I cant go after custody or modify my visitation until Dylans case is settled. This means I only get to see my 3 children 4 hours a month and Dylan 4 hours a week.

I just got served to pay child support , I have gotten all my benefits cut and about to lose my home i worked so hard to get.

DCFS has ruined my life, wrongfully took my children and will be assisting in me becoming homeless once again, So Dylan will have nothing to come back to and we could live in motels again.

Something needs to be done.

The True Story of a mom that will not let DCFS continue destroying this country we love and that is based on the truth, honesty and Justice for all!

Stacey Renee Hill