Speedway Complaints and Reviews

Phone Number: 937-864-3000
Company Contact: Tony Kenney - President

Is Speedway a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Hoodwinking

I entered Speedway Gas Station @ corner of Morse Rd. and Westerville Rd. (NW corner of intersection) around noon on 03/24/2017. My intent was to purchase a cup of coffee and cigs.

I approached middle cashier, upon calling, and was asked: “just the cup of coffee?”; to which, I replied, no and further asked for 5 packs of American Spirit Tan cigarettes.

A clean cut “African-American” male with mustache got my attention at the register by pointing at a female standing to his right by the third register (facing East), and uttering “American Spirit Rep”, while pointing at the short blonde haired female, in a jean shirt, with green pants and boots.

Quickly she approached me (as if caught by surprise) and asked, “oh hey, buying cigs?”  -yes, I replied.

She took my license, swiped it on personal/work device; then, printed and filled out a voucher in the amount of $10.46 for the 5 packs being purchased, and further stated that they’re 2 packs for $4; hence, 2=4, 4=8, and 1 more at $2 and tax. I was charged $29+ for purchase of above items and one coffee at $1.29. I handed a Fifty and received $20.58 in change, after having taken what seemed 1/2 hr. for transaction.

Suddenly, as if recovering from a spell, I received 2 pcs. of paper and the twenty, and was silently bidden off. I left, and felt robbed! I looked for a receipt, and found a points print-out and a cracker-Jacks coupon.

So, now, no receipt and no offering of one.

Returned shortly thereafter with my bewilderment and stood in line at same register. Not acknowledging customers, I approached the store manager coming out of the back office. I asked if he indeed was the store manager and that I needed a moment to overview recent transaction. “Yes I am, and sure”, was his reply. I reiterated the scenario and while he seemed to be avoiding me, he immediately assumed it was the “Indian-American” at the first register.

I pointed him to the middle register, and he froze.

He then approached with: “well, it should have been… (pause), then, you only get 2 packs for $4, the other three, you pay regular price.” So the voucher should have been for $4; not an excuse!

Speedway usurped and robbed a customer and avoided correction by cover-up and excuse.

Speedway Gas Station – Morse Rd (corner of Westerville Rd) NW corner of intersection Columbus Ohio | 800-643-1948