Sharis Berries Reviews

Sharis Berries Phone Number: 877-237-7437
Corp Email: wecare@customercare.berries.com
Company Contact: Kevin Beresford - CEO

About Sharis Berries

Shari's Berries (berries.com) is an online novelty gifts and edible treats delivery service.

They offer chocolate covered berries among a variety of desserts and gift basket options, marketed and designed to be sent for special occasions.

Shari's Berries claims that they hand-dip and craft every gift with care, and that their attention to detail ensures your order arrives in perfect condition. They assert that their hand-packed, temperature-controlled layers keep delivery items cool, and prevent melting.

"We take the fast lane and ship your gift express so it arrives fresh, delicious, and on time" - Shari's Berries

Ftd Currently owns or operates the following brands: Ftd.com, Ftd, Interflora, The Mercury Man Emblem, Proflowers, Proplants, Shari's Berries, Cherry Moon Farms, Personal Creations, Redenvelope, Florist Express, Gifts.com, Sincerely, Postagram, Ink And Sesame Gifts | FTD Companies Inc - 3113 Woodcreek Dr Downers Grove Illinois 60515

Reports

Is Sharis Berries a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Food Directory ListingFTD Companies Inc Listing

Shameful Mother's Day Roses

I ordered a dozen “Rainbow Roses” and chocolate swirled Strawberries for my mom for Mother’s Day. I heard the advertisement on the radio and then saw that they worked with ProFlowers. I have ordered from ProFlowers in the past and have always gotten good service.

I was charged a Saturday Delivery charge of $9.99, a Rural Delivery charge of $3.99, and an Extra Gift delivery charge of $9.99, on top of the normal $16.99 delivery charge, and Guaranteed May 12th Delivery charge of $4.99.

The delivery charges cost as much as the actual arrangement. Of course that was posted after I gave my PayPal information and completed my order.

What was delivered was sub-par roses that looked worse than what you could get at a grocery store. I actually have gotten nicer roses at a grocery store.

But my mom lives 3 hours away, so I couldn’t just hand deliver them myself.

They had wilted leaves and a note saying they would open up in the next 12 hours. The photo my mom sent looked like some of the roses were about to lose their petals.

This is not what I ordered from the site, not the quality I expected.

15 Most Recent Reviews About Sharis Berries

Reported Losses of $50.00

Lost $50, an on-time delivery and had to order from another website and pay same day delivery fee b/c they couldn’t get my order right.

I placed an order on Tuesday for delivery Friday. The Website checked me out with birthday greeting, delivery address and confirmed time (before 8pm Friday).

Apparently the website did not process my order, however, there was no notification about that fact. When I realized it had not gone through it was too late according to them and the only offer was they would help me place my order again (for the same price I paid and the same delivery fee).

After some back and forth they offered to pay for $15 shipping fee on a new order. Ridiculous.

In this day and age when there are companies who can get items to me within 2 hours, I don’t need to give money to a company with horrible customer service and a weak online site. I hope to see this company go under soon. Sounds like others have had similar experiences.

Rating: 2 out of 5

I was ordering covered strawberries to send to my grandchildren for Valentine’s Day. First, I ordered a package of strawberries and covered Oreos, with a card. I picked a Saturday delivery date (extra charge besides the regular delivery fee).

I wanted to add an order of the Love Bug brownies but couldn’t add it to that order. The website does not allow you to add on items, only those they have indicated. So, I had to go back to shopping and it asked for a delivery date and I chose the date on the first order.

At check-out I was being charged another set of the two delivery charges even though the two items were being delivered on the same day to the same address.

I emailed customer service and received back an answer that had to be boiler plate because it did not address my questions or concerns.

I canceled the order and will NOT deal with them again. It’s sad because I have dealt with them before and had no problems.

Rating: 3 out of 5

My husband orders me berries every year for my birthday from Shari’s Berries. They have never ever disappointed me except today. Mind you, they are still tasty. The ones I received today were small except three big ones and their chocolate was melted and cracked. There were 4 medium size ones and not melted nor cracked. The other five were small! 3 of them were cracked/melted on the bottom of them.

I noticed the container they were shipped in was different than in the past. The container was plastic and the “cups” they were laying in were bigger size than the berries. They probably rolled around and cracked and then the chocolate melted. I took a picture of them for my husband to see and he is going to contact them. Meanwhile just very disappointed for him to order me a very nice gift and not what you expect from Shari’s Berries.

I wouldn’t have said anything but he spent good money on them and you should get what you pay for. Besides it is Shari’s Berries and they have always been top notched! Oh, a co-worker rec’d them as a birthday gift several months ago. I am a receptionist and receive deliveries in our building. She opened them and they were huge and no cracked or melted berries!

Today I showed her mine and she couldn’t believe it either. We expect a credit on this purchase.

Reported Losses of $50.00

I ordered chocolate covered strawberries for a client from Shari’s Berries — www.berries.com. When I entered the delivery address, their site showed me a preferred address that was not remotely close to the delivery address I indicated. But I liked the product and the prices are great so I placed the order, checking the box that said I want the gift to go to the address I entered. That night I called them to make sure there would be no problem and the rep said “Our site does that sometimes.”

This morning I called Sharis Berries again because I could not log into my account–their email link would not let me create a password, and the rep, Ronda, said she had NO CLUE how to help me recover or create a password. I told her I was concerned about my delivery given the msg on their site, and she said someone would call me back in an hour. NO ONE CALLED. I had gotten the sense that this was an outsourced rep who was sitting in her living room as she said no one else could speak with me.

So once the hour passed with no call from a supervisor as promised, I called Shari’s Berries back and got another rep, Kate, also probably in her living room, who had no interest in helping me and could not assure me my order would arrive at the address I indicated, so I said I wanted her to CANCEL my order. She said she would delete it but it would take 24-48 hours for the higher ups to approve it and send me a confirmation email. Now my order confirmation came in 20 seconds…the cancellation email can take 2 DAYS! I told her I did not want to see this on my credit card, and she said it may have already posted depending on my bank and it would take 5-7 days to drop off.

She then hung up on me!!!! I checked online complaints for this company and found A TON OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT SHARI’S BERRIES! I now have AMEX keeping an eye on this charge, already posted as authorized, and if it goes through I will call them to cancel.

THIS COMPANY STINKS! THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BEYOND STUPID. PAY A BIT MORE LIKE I FINALLY DID AND BUY GODIVA.

Reported Losses of $79.99

Ordered over a week before mother’s day, the site said there was an error with the shipping address, AFTER it went thru billing. Tried to correct but the site kept erroring (saved 30+ year old address that they have delivered to 3-4 times before) so I decided to try later. Then I received the order confirmation. Okkkaayyyy.

Next day received an email that there was an issue with the credit card or billing information or something. So I followed “the link”…to nothing. Confirmation was fine and order was processing on their website. Called and was told quickly the order was processing. So I let it go. Oh by the way! The $10 coupon I received would not work also. Even though the item was not already on sale or anything.

Fast forward, 2 days after mother’s day, still no delivery, so I called again. Yep issue with the credit card, not sure maybe NSF? No I think not. Besides that, I paid it through PayPal. Also a non-US call center, very heavy accent and hard to understand. Asked for a manager, she put me on hold for 10 seconds, then came back on and said they were all busy. Yes I am obviously that unimportant. She had checked and the item was out of stock (umm yeah you think!? It was for Mother’s Day!) She asked if I wanted to re-order or nullify the order. I said do you know when Mother’s Day WAS? Nullify the order. What BS.

Well Shari’s Berries has lost me as a customer. I will just go to Costco when they have the chocolate covered berries available and send a card to those too far away.

Rating: 1 out of 5

My name is Rebecca Smith. I got this email from groupon, but am not sure if it is Shari’s Berries or Groupons. Here is my situation. I payed $20 for a $40 groupon for Shari’s Berries. I placed an order for Shari’s Berries. The total before the Groupon was $67.68. I applied the Groupon and the total said $27.28. I hit the Process button. When the order processed, it stated that my total was $67.68. Somehow during the processing the groupon was taken off.

I called customer service for Shari’s Berries. They assured me that it was processed as $27.28 and that is all I would be charged. I ended up being charged the full amount of $67.68. I called Shari’s Berries back and spoke with a guy named Troy Hurley that could not speak very good English, and we had a horrible time communicating. He just kept saying that Shari’s Berries only charged me for $27.28. He wouldn’t transfer me to anyone else, and he basically hung up on me because I honestly don’t think he knew what to do. Then I sent an email to Shari’s Berries Customer Care email, to which I received this reply.

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for contacting Shari’s Berries regarding the charges for this order. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.Upon checking your order status, it is indocated here that the $40.00 coupon code was applied to your order. Below is the order summary of your order total.:

Order Summary

4 Mother’s Day Cake Truffles & Full Dozen Fancy Strawberries $39.97
Free Personalized E-Card Included
4 Mother’s Day Cake Truffles Included
Standard Delivery $16.99
Guaranteed May 6th Delivery $4.99
Taxes $5.73
Order Total $67.68

Amount Charged $27.68 – after applying the code.

If there is anything further that we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week and we look forward to serving you.

Best Regards,

OSALP Celina T

I WAS CHARGED $67.68!! NOT $27.68!!! I am infuriated with the customer service as no one seems to know what to do, and they all keep telling me the same thing. I am furious that I spent nearly $100, after paying $20 for the groupon, for an order of a dozen strawberries. I am not happy with Shari’s Berries, and I am writing reviews about this wherever I can. All I am asking is that I get my $40 dollar groupon applied to my order and credited back to my bank account. I have attached a picture of the portion of my bank statement that shows the amount I was charged.

Someone PLEASE HELP ME!

Reported Losses of $66.95

Ordered Chocolate covered strawberries with a very high delivery charge to ensure daughter received on birthday. They did not deliver until over 24 hours later.

Thank goodness for Edible Arrangements. They delivered in three hours! And Called to make sure we were happy:)

Sharis on the other hand will not refund money especially the shipping which was almost half of cost. Product was in no way comparable to the Edible Arrangements product. The Edible Arrangements Strawberries were fresh and had a quality chocolate. The Shari’s were old and dry by comparison and the chocolate was lower quality than a hersheys bar.

Very poor product and non existent customer service. Not a combination for repeat business.

Reported Losses of $60.97

First of all, their customer service is in china. I had to repeat my situation over and over again to the customer service agent. You would think when you provide the order # they would be able to pull up all the information. She asked me for all my information, then the sender information. I would be ok to give all the information however, it was 4:50pm and  I  wanted to rectify this issue before 5pm.

They did not have a manager available for me to talk to. I was told that because they are so busy, there is no available manager. This was a mother’s day present for my mom and I was told that they can only resend the order and gave me a date 2 weeks later.

I request the manager for the agent to get them to deliver on mother’s day. I was only compensated by resending the order after requesting to speak to a manager. The agent said that they are not responsible for lost package as if after you pay sharisberries you are on your own.

I’m never working with them again. I would also like to add they are willing to give you discount however, their shipping is so high that there is no point of getting a discount.

Reported Losses of $60.00

I am writing this post to express my disappointment with my order. I made my order on May 2nd for Mother’s Day and paid a delivery charge only to be told that my order will not be sent until May 9th. It was not shipped out of your facility until yesterday?

It has been 4 days since I placed my order, I still had to pay for delivery and the order will not be delivered on time. This has caused me to determine that I will not ever be ordering from your service again. It will now be in transit for 3 days after being purchased 4 days prior, how is fruit and cheesecake going to be edible after being sent out on May 5 and not arriving until May 9th.

Please expect something much more than a post if my Mother gets sick eating this. I actually would prefer a refund, I already have a gift for my Mother and this was something extra to deceive her into thinking she was only getting the berries, now you have ruined that part of the surprise for me.

Please do not sell products for holidays if you can not deliver the goods in YOUR stated amount of time after having a customer pay for a delivery service. This conduct is unprofessional and as stated above, I will NEVER purchase from your service again.

Rating: 1 out of 5

Bought 3 groupings to purchase items. I have never used them before. I bought 3 total. When going to website to place would not take coupon and would not change delivery date. Instead of 4.99 wanted to charge me 16.99. So I called directly to ask if they could help. The lady could not speak clear English. She would not listen and asked me the same question 7 times. So I asked to speak to Manager.

After 45 minutes of her telling me he was on phone but was told to help I got frustrated. Once Manager came on phone his dialogue was no better and informed me he could not help me.

I was so disappointed I cancelled all the 3 orders. So being said will tell 10 not to use them is a understatement. I am sure Shari would not like to hear lost new customer with 3 orders. Need to record conversation for training. Plus can’t understand them. I am going to personally contact them out of respect.

I understand that things happen with out knowing. But if I get a response that I feel is not acceptable with write again. It is a shame in todays world that company don’t put more time in training and customer service. This is their business.

Does not matter how great a product is because if I have to deal with bad service will choose second best.

Click Here To Search For More Sharis Berries Complaints

Comments

296 Comments on "Sharis Berries"

I recently ordered a basket of jerky for my dad for father’s day. I wanted it to be delivered on Saturday. So when I called NY dad in OK he told me had received nothing. I called the 800 number and spoke to a Linda, who had a thick far eastern accent on Sunday (fathers day) She told me they could refund my shipping charges and that my order was just delivered by UPS right now at 3:21pm eastern time. I was thinking UPS doesn’t deliver on Sundays, do they? So I said what happens when I call my dad… Read more »
I am glad I decided to check reviews before ordering. I, too, was going to order after hearing a promotion on our local radio station. It sounded like a good deal….6 dipped berries for 19.99, which was 10$ off…and you could double the order for 10$ more. So..a dozen berries for 30$…sounded great. I went to order and I noticed that they kept the shipping charges secret until after you put in your card..so I was a little skeptical because I wasn’t getting a total. When the total finally popped up, I figured out why. They wanted to charge 25$… Read more »

Thank you for the two deliveries toAdrienne & Mary, these are two women in my life for over 54 years, they were more then pleased with the selection, and I thank you for giving me the pleasure of giving a little brightness to their lives. Your co should enjoy the happiness you bring to people. Again THANK YOU, it has been a pleasure doing business with you. Harry Fradin

I called to place an order and the customer service person did not speak English. I called back hoping to get someone that spoke English. This did not happen. I had to spell my name and the recipient of my orders name several times clarifying each letter. After 35 minutes of JUST spelling the names, I asked (again several times)where Sharis Berries was located and was told “California.” I asked to speak to someone that spoke English and I was put on hold. After waiting 5 minutes, the same person came on and asked how I was going to pay… Read more »

Same issue here. I’m tired of American companies sending their customers to another country for customer service and YOU CAN’T UNDERSTAND THEM AND THEY DON’T SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH. I was not able to place my order for an extra 12 strawberries for $5.00 more (according to the radio promotion they had going on) online and that is why I had to call “customer service”. Like you, I will NEVER do business with this company.

Is anyone at home ProFlowers and Sharis Berries? all I could reach was customer service out of the good ol’USA that couldn’t help me and couldn’t transfer me to anyone who could!

another unhappy customer

Just received a gift of melted chocolate with very warm strawberries

My husband ordered Sharis Berries for Valentines Day for me to be delivered on V Day. they were delivered but the berries were not at all chilled and beries and chocolate were broken into hundreds of pieces. For the advertisement of chilled berries and huge berries, we did not get what he ordered. We will never,ever order again and we have told all our friends too. Absolute waste of money!

I agree with you, my sister sent me some and they was not fresh at all the chocolate was all broken up. The strawberries were rotten. A waste of her money, I’m reporting them to the BBB.

Nena Sergent Harville
My daughter organizes the Heart Gala in Knoxville TN. I wanted to send her some berries the morning of the event. The berries started out at $44. After delivery fee+Saturday delivery fee I paid $73! It was fine because it was a special occasion and I wanted her to have them THAT DAY! I tracked them. They were delivered to Knoxville Saturday morning at 7 am. Of corse I thought they would be delivered. Sunday I called her and she said she had not gotten anything! I tracked them again and now the estimated date said Tuesday!! I called customer… Read more »

Worse customer service ever. Berries were sour and green. Horrible experience. First and last time. Warning don’t do business with this company. Stars would be 0…

I was redirected to Sherri’s Berries by my credit card company with some discount. So i browsed the website…then I decided to check the reviews…Thank goodness I did…It looks like I dodged a bullet! Thank you everyone who took the time to write a review…It helped stop me from a bad decision!!!

My birthday was 2 days after Valentine’s Day and my cousin sent me a gift of chocolate covered strawberries. We they arrived they were already a little bit mushy. I feel they were supposed to be Valentine’s Day shipments and these were leftovers that were sent to me. Not fresh at all. I would not recommend these to anyone! I did call customer service and they did offer to send me a new box but I really didn’t want them!

I ordered strawberries for my fiancé for Valentine’s Day. They never arrived but when I tracked the shipment, they said delivered. When I called to complain, the offered to send me a replacement that would arrive two days later. That also did not arrive. They again offered to send another shipment that should of arrived today, two days later. It never did. I asked for my money back and gave up. Alllll shipments said delivered. I’m so over them. Never again.

My husband ordered chocolate covered strawberries for me for Valentines day. After having trouble ordering them and asking to speak to a manager 4 times and never speaking to one he was told the order could not be stopped. We were charged $107.00 for them after we cancelled the order. We ended up getting 1 small box and 1 large box and they were horrible. The berries were mushy and the chocolate broke into pieces when you tried to eat one. Our order #’s were 331368182252-1 &331368182252-2. Very unhappy with this order and unless this is resolved in a matter… Read more »

comment image My husband ordered roses and strawberries. The dead rose bush arrived and an hour later I got the slimy inedible strawberries. Check out the pictures. They don’t even do it justice by the next morning the “roses” were brown.

I would like to express how I am totally dissatisfied with your product. My order arrived a day later than scheduled AND the product was horrendous! My daughter opened her box of dipped strawberries to find them smashed and melted. I paid an additional delivery fee for my order to arrive on 2/13/17 and it did not arrive till 2/14/17. I realize the 14th is very busy as why I asked for the delivery to be on the 13th. At any rate the fact that the product was a total fail is such a disappointment. I don’t believe I would… Read more »

I ordered 6 Valentine berries, and was able to apply the code to double the order., S&H seemed steep, but arrived on time in an insulated box to the Chicagoland area. The temps have been around 30 degrees average lately. They all looked good, but my wife had to throw them out. The berries tasted bad, and were all mushy. I did not try customer service…why get more of the same?
Looking back on it, I see no products are rated on their site. I wonder why?

What if we call some of the outspoken sponsors and tell them what a rip these products are and that by advertising they the sponsor have no credibility.

Strawberries were good the “mixed dozen roses” not as pictured and wilted within 24 hours. Horrible value.

Customer service is HORRIBLE! Ordered two dozen strawberries for valentines day on feb 9. They were delivered to the wrong address. Called on 14th, turns out they got address number wrong….after clarifying SEVERAL times on original order….Said they would make right, partial refund and next day replacement to correct address( again, several repeated attempts to clarify correct info). Called on 2/15 because of no delivery and AGAIN, same exact thing to the exact same wrong address. I have no issues with “outsourcing” , but d**n! At least be able to take the info properly. Side note : No where is… Read more »
On Feb 7 I ordered from Shari’s Berries for my niece for valentines day. I ordered the 10 dipped cherries and half doze fancy strawberries. This offer was supposed to come with 10 additional cherries at no charge. I paid a total of $25 in shipping charges for her to receive them on Feb 14. The delivery finally arrived at 6:45pm. Unfortunately it only had 10 cherries with the strawberries. The strawberries had a funny taste (preservatives maybe) they were completely covered with chocolate so my niece found out the hard way that they never even took the stems off… Read more »

typo correction… chocolate came off of a lot of the berries. I ate one berry.

My husband ordered these for me for Valentines Day. A dozen. There were 6 large berries and 6 very small. The chocolate come off a lot of the berries, and the berry juice had seeped through as well. I hate one berry it tasted fine, the other 11 had to go in the trash! They were overly ripened and almost rotten. Very disappointed with my 1st shipment of these berries. Wont order again. What I received for my Valentines/20th wedding anniversary looked NOTHING like what is pictured.

I spent a lot of money and one didn’t go to right address and the other did not show up on 14th and speaking to Cust service they took forever and always system problems. I asked where the call center was out of several times and she finally hung up on me. Apparently didn’t want me to know so I am guessing it is overseas

I kept hearing about Shari’s Berries on the radio and other places and thought okay i will try them out. 1st they did not honor my product code for double berries “thought what the hell- order them anyway”. So i ordered 6 “Gourmet” berries for Valentines day.
They arrived and were so small, and looked like i could have made them from the local grocery chain. Def not worth the 20$ plus tax. I advise get some from the grocery store and make yourself….or get them from a chocolate store!!!