National Grid Complaints

National Grid Reports

Most Recent National Grid Complaints

Is National Grid a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Energy Directory Listing Listing

The worst company and customer service in the industry

My girlfriend called in on Monday 10/24 to activate our gas account in our new apartment. The representative confirmed with her that they would be activating our line on Friday 10/28. I called Wednesday 10/26 to confirm this appointment only to find out that the representative logged our order as a “meter reading” rather than an activation.

I was then told that I could not make any changes to the account because I was not an authorized user. So, I requested a change to the order and asked that they actually activate our gas line on Friday rather than just “read the meter”.

The representative confirmed the change with me on the phone but told me they do not send out confirmations via email or phone. I asked her when the technician would be arriving and she told me between the hours of 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm. Since there is no formal confirmation option available, I requested a 15 minute call-ahead from the technician. I also had my girlfriend call in moments after to add me to the list of authorized people.

On Friday 10/28 I took the day off from work to receive the technician as instructed by National Grid. At around 3:00 pm, no one had shown up yet so I called in. I spoke with a representative, then a team lead and then a supervisor and all three of them maintained that the tech had come and gone since no one was home.

I was home all day, and there was never a single knock on the door, ring of the doorbell OR a call-ahead like I requested numerous times on Wednesday.

My apartment is absolutely freezing, to the point where there may be serious damage to the piping in the house. It is also uncomfortably cold and I am worried that my dog may die due to exposure during the day.

When speaking with the supervisor on Friday 10/28, she informed me that it is not their fault and that I would have to reschedule… except for one thing, this – I am not an authorized user! They told me that I cannot make orders when I am not authorized to do so, even though I made the same order on Wednesday AND I was added shortly after that call (this was confirmed by the supervisor on the phone).

Now we will be without gas for another WEEK and I am seriously worried about my girlfriend, my dog, myself and our home. The supervisor admitted that her representatives acted incorrectly but still would not work with me to get a tech out to solve the mess that they created.

This is an unacceptable way of doing business and if National Grid did not have a monopoly on the Greater Boston area I would not use them as a utilities provider.