National Grid Complaints and Reviews

Warwick, Warwickshire 02451 United Kingdom

Phone Number: 781-907-1000
Company Contact: John Pettigrew - CEO

Is National Grid a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Smart Meter installation booked but never turned up

I have not had an electricity meter that works since moving into my flat in November 2016. I have been chasing my energy company for a meter, and in turn, they have been trying to resolve issues with the company they use to install.

On the 4th August I received a phone call and text message from National Grid stating that they were coming to install the meter on 29th August between noon and 4pm. I took the day off work to be home for the visit.

When they had not arrived by 4pm, I called National Grid and was told that my installation was cancelled as I was no longer with the energy provider that requested the installation.

Strange, seeing that four days ago they were billing my account for September’s payment.

The staff member at National Grid set about to follow it up and called me back in fifteen minutes as agreed. I was then told that they service provider that the job was allocated to does not usually install in my area and therefore did not do the job. I was to wait another phone back as the next available installation date is the 29th September; but they would contact the service provider and see if I can get a quicker date.

I received a phone back saying that they are fully booked and this date will stand.

I am yet again going to have to take a day off work to be home for yet another installation appointment and that will mean losing yet another day’s pay.

I don’t understand why I could not have been informed that the installation was cancelled?

More About National Grid

National Grid USA Service Company Inc | nationalgrid.com

Comments

6 Comments on "National Grid"

Last week I came home to find my electric was turned off due to non payment of $194. I was never given a notice about it and do pay my bills usually ahead of time. Come to find out that they had been sending to the next city over and not the city I live in. Then they are still charging me $46 reconnection fee when it is their fault and not mine.

National Grid is the worst utility company in NYC history. Many of the customers service reps cannot give you the right answer, and you are in a circle for weeks/months trying to figure out what exactly you need to do to have your gas restored. We are helpless because they are the only one supplying gas meters to homes in Queens. customers should be given the contact numbers to various departments to expedite service requests.

I recently had the meter and test department do a 5 day recorded test on the load at my home. the guys in that department were extremely professional and did an excellent job. the problem was in the weeks after I keep getting phone calls for a survey that has absolutely stupid questions from people that speak broken english. i have told them not too call ,yet they still continue. this thoroughly p****s me off. they are a monopoly does it even matter what I think? they can do whatever they want and what is my option ??? shut my… Read more »

I sent an e-mail to National Grid on behalf of my 90 year old father and he is also deaf because of gas bill. Finding out that he has not been paying the bill, I asked National Grid to help him out because of his age. He got a shut off notice from National Grid …to shut his gas off. The e-mails that they sent was that they could not help him out. Shame on National Grid…not even information that I could give him. Very unhappy about National Grid. Shame on them!!!!

National Grid is working in our area, put new pipes to the meter. they took off meter. they remove the connection after meter as well. after fourth day gas start leaking. they just saying that they can not doing any thing after meter. i got 5 months old baby as well. No feelings, no mercy. Where is public rights.

Do not call Nationgrid unless you absolutely have too!!!! Made the mistake of calling Nationalgrid at the weekend after smelling gas in my house. When they turned up we found the problem was just a lose nut on the cooker gas pipe. I tightened it up and asked the guy to retest, to my absolute amazement he said no I now need to shut off the gas and you will need to get a Gas Safe engineer to fix the problem!!!!!! The gas safe engineer cost me £65 to come out and just say yes that was the problem and… Read more »