Sun Solar Missouri Complaints

Company Contact: Caleb Arthur - Owner

Sun Solar Missouri Ratings

Sun Solar Missouri Reports

Most Recent Sun Solar Missouri Review

Is Sun Solar Missouri a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Energy Directory ListingMissouri Sun Solar LLC Listing

Unscrupulous sales methods in selling solar system

I had a solar system installed last fall by Missouri Sun Solar, at a cost of $30,000+/-. I thought it a good thing to eliminate my electric bill (because it was explained how the cost of electricity would continue to increase), to receive a rebate from Empire Electric, and to have a federal tax credit. All good stuff.

However, I was told by the salesman, Ted Kellers, that on most months, I would only have would be the cost of my meter, which is $13.64. I was told that it would take time for my system to generate enough energy before seeing this result, since the winter months were approaching. But that’s happened only 3 times.

My first “surprise” was that I generated and sold energy to Empire Electric at one rate ($.03-$.04) and the rate at which I purchased energy FROM Empire Electric was $.10-$.12). This rate inequality was not discussed at the time of purchase. What was discussed was “net metering.”

Not discussed was “heat degradation” which was defined as “shutting down when it gets too hot” by Daniel Tuttle during my call to him last Thursday, July 28. Also, during this call, Daniel suggested sending out a technician to see if my panels were working properly and to evaluation my electric bill.

To date, I have not been contacted regarding either.

Also, not discussed was the fact that the solar panels decrease in efficiency every year. While Sun Solar guaranteed solar production for 25 years, they did not say anything about the efficiency.

I asked if the solar panels needed to be cleaned periodically to ensure they performed efficiently. I was told that they did not. Subsequent research indicates this is not accurate.

I’m a widow. I paid cash for my solar system, which was to pay for itself in 8 years.

I DID have the presence of mind to ask my brother, (Name not provided for this purpose), who is a retired HVAC engineer (from SMSU) to accompany me during the sales presentation. He is willing to confirm this information and can be reached at (phone number not provided for this purpose).