Indianapolis Power and Light Complaints and Reviews

2102 N Illinois St
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 USA

Phone Number: 317-261-8111
Company Contact: Kenneth J Zagzebski - CEO

Is Indianapolis Power and Light a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Disconnecting my power was the worst.

I had some previous issues with IPL but disconnecting my power was the worst. I was 2 weeks late on a bill in the 13 years living at my residence and paid it off. The following month I received a disconnect notice and called IPL and they stated it was a mistake and they had sent that out before payment received. I paid my current bill then 2 weeks later a IPL truck pulls into my driveway and tells me I owe money on my bill and that they are shutting my power off.

I immediately called IPL and the receptionist was quite rude as I was trying to get my power back on. She put me on hold as she seen where my bill was paid up but noted there is a discrepancy from another month and they would need $190 to get my power scheduled to be turned on. She noted that it could be 48hrs but would try to get back on before 7pm she also stated they called me multiple times and sent me emails, that’s a lie I checked and told her this but again she could care less. I paid this amount as I had no other options to argue.

She also told me I have to pay a deposit of $280 for them coming out to turn my power on. I argued again but again she had no response and ask me how I wanted to pay this. So now my bill is $490.

IPL is absolutely unprofessional, uneducated in handling business systems and protocols concerning customer service. Unfortunately we as IPL customers have no options but to pay or lose electrical services. Something needs to done with IPL services.

Comments