Toll Brothers Complaints and Reviews

Tollbrothers.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: August 1, 2017

Business Name: Toll Brothers, Inc.
250 Gibraltar Ave
Horsham, Pennsylvania 19044 USA

Phone Number: 215-938-8000
Corp Email: info@tollbrothersinc.com
Company Contact: Doug Yearley - CEO

Is Toll Brothers a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Buyer beware!

Hello to all Toll Brothers home owners or looking to purchase a toll home. We purchased a Toll Brother home in 2008 and have been extremely dissatisfied with the quality of workmen ship. We realize the brothers do not built homes per say but only sub-contract all aspects of the actual building. We have also realized the materials used are standard. We thought we had purchased a luxury home and found that it was built with the cheapest material they could find. Yes, I know about upgrades but shouldn’t a luxury home come with some upgrades or just one step better then builders grade.

To list only a few problems. I would start with the following:

Broken roof tiles

Window that do not go up or when up do not go down

Hand prints between window planes

Windows that are turning golden red due to sun damage

Kitchen sink that was not properly instated

Garbage disposal that has never worked properly.

air conditioner had to be repaired even though it had hardly been use. Repair man said they were very cheap units and we will have to replace one on them soon.

Stucco is coming off around all outside doors and pillars in front of house

All trim in front of house needs to be replace as well as the shutters due to fact they are not real wood but a composite. We try painting them but within months they began to peel. Yes, they were done professional.

Our long driveway has cracks, eight to be exact. Not enough rebar used.
Cracks in foundation in both garages’.

Jacuzzi tube does not work in master bathroom. It is so big you would spend $50 in water just to fill.

Dry wall tape is coming off though the paint.

Last but not all, in master bathroom shower stall we had tiles lift up, this was about 25 tiles. I called toll brothers and after they sent a representative to my home only to say they were not responsible. I then email corporate and he came back and finally agreed to fix only that small portion. Apparently the workmen ran out of thin set and used caulking which we all know is not for use in shower floors or anywhere in a shower.

I could go on but I think this would help a further house hunter beware of buying a Toll Brothers property.

Our lender did a home inspection where we purchase this home but don’t trust who they send, get your owe inspector. 2008 was a bad year to buy anything but lender do not protect you and are only looking to get a loan sold to an investor. Wells Fargo is just that type of bank. Go with a credit union that specialize with a mortgage loans. Good Luck.

Pinnacles in Camarillo