PC Matic Complaints and Reviews

Sioux City, Iowa 51103 USA

Phone Number: 843-628-1546
Company Contact: Rob Cheng - Chief Executive Officer

Is PC Matic a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

PCMatic Will Not Respond; NOT GOOD!

So, I called the number and it turns out it was Microsoft security people and they told me my computer was infected and was about to crash and I would lose everything. They said they could fix it for$249.00 and that it would take about 45 minutes to an hour.

I was on the phone with them for over three hours and during that time they said PC MATIC had not worked because they didn’t even have the right operating system being protected.

I had XM home addition and they had set up for some other operating system. so, it was not doing squat for my computer and it got infected badly. I tried and tried contacting PCmatic and to this day they have not contacted me back…it’s been about three years now.

I wanted to be reimbursed for having to have Microsoft fix my computer, or at least get a free year of help from them and you all know how that went.

Official Responses from PC Matic

By: Rob Cheng On: June 7, 2013

PC Matic is developed and supported by PC Pitstop – a reputable company that has been around for more than 12 years and been on the forefront of the fight against malware and computer safety. PC Matic has recently received the highly respected VB100 Anti-Virus Certification.

We welcome all feedback and will publicly respond to any specific concerns regarding the operation of our products that are supported by screenshots or facts that we can researched.

The PC Matic product support team is available via the link below:

By: PC Matic On: February 18, 2013

Your $49.99 has been refunded as requested.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team directly through the link below:

15 Most Recent Reviews

More About PC Matic

PC Matic is run by pcpitstop.com which offers PC scans and solutions for common PC problems.

Related Complaints - Pitstop LLC

Comments

551 Comments on "PC Matic"

purchased pc matic. Next say when trying to access word files I was hit with a software notification that halted my access. And my screen said “This copy of windows is not genuine. When contacted pcmatic at 844-210-3777, I reached a “Jerry” a fellow with thick India accent and garbled phone noise. After much effort, he said my windows is a “7” and Microsoft will not recognize for purposes of maintenance anything lower than a “10.” He took control of my computer and then started to ask for personal information which should have been available thru pc matic., I asked… Read more »

The guy was hit with ransom scam the solution is go to the task bar click on task manager highlight the server usually google click disable this will restore the earlier site no payment. So each time they hit you repeat the process just revealed .PC matic is not set up to address this so not responsible for the hit

I have been charged 49.99 I no longer have a computer. Last time we had a computer in our home was more than 9 years ago. And on 10/30/17 I was charged so WTF.

I installed the “free trial” version. It never fully installed. Then it kept putting up a blue screen telling me I was unprotected and something dissing Windows Defender. The blue screen completely locked up my computer and then I had to restart. After about six restarts, I went to uninstall the program. It took forever to uninstall every PCmatic file. I’m hoping it is completely uninstalled. I will NEVER install this again!!!!

Hi Laura, I’m sorry to hear you had problems with PC Matic. I’m curious to know more about your comment regarding “dissing Windows Defender”. We dont do that in our product, nor do normal blue screens do that. If you could, please reach out to our support team at http://pcmatic.com/support. Thanks.

I bought pcmatic about 3months ago and everything was good until a month ago!! You all disappeared and you are no longer with me!! Why and what happened????? I need your protection and help!!!!!! Please help me!!! My name is Sidney loessin and live in sweeny,Texas. I want what I paid for!!! Help!!

Sidney,

Please contact our support team at PCMatic.com/Support. They are available 7 days a week, and will be glad to assist you.

re: marde gideon. same thing happened to me. culprit is america geeks, 888 554 6480. refused to pay. had to crash the computer, ran a pcmatic scan. everything seems ok.

Tom, you were smart not to pay those Tech Support Scammers. They are not affiliated with PC Matic in any way.

PC Matic is ransomware. duh. I asked them why their program allowed my computer to be taken over and they blamed me.

Wick,

We certainly are not ransomware. If you haven’t done so, please reach out to our tech support team at pcmatic.com/support
Thanks.

The “blue screen” is not Microsoft….it is a ripoff company that gives you their phone number to call not MS……even their web address makes it look like it is MS but it is not….so to the guy who had that issue it most likely isn’t a problem with PC matic…….and I’m not a fan of pc matic

I had webroot and got that message to call that # Just a scam

Join the discussion

Just like the random calls I get from someone, always a male that doesn’t speak English as his first language, telling me that my computer contacted them and is telling them there is a problem. Then they want to access my computer. I always tell them the same thing, if my computer is talking to you, you should know what the problem is. I then promptly hang up on them!

Who would call a number out of the blue (Blue screen), give them 250 bucks and give them full access to their computer? I’ve seen this and easily get around it by either opening the task manager or simply restarting the computer. Hoping you use auto save.

YES ! I only have one pc do I still pay $50.00

Unauthorized charge on my parents account. I do my parents’ bank statement and noticed this charge to the account. My complaint is trying to get hold of a person is impossible….so far. I’m hoping they will see this and respond. Also, through the automated system, I got the charge taken off but at the end they read off the confirmation number without time to write it down ….so be ready to write!

My computer will not download the latest update for windows defender kb2267602. Failed to install error 80070241. Whats up with that. I contacted customer support with pcmatic and they didn,t seem to have an answer. I have windows 8.1.

Donna,

Unfortunately, we do not provide support for Windows Defender. That is an issue with Microsoft, which you will need to contact them for support. PC Matic is an antivirus program, and does not fix Windows updates.

I asked for a refund around 2 yrs ago, never got it. Started getting calls from Indians. Said they were going to fix the problem. Destroyed my Laptop. Had to have it completely wiped and Systems and apps reinstalled. Now getting calls again about refund thru my Laptop to my Bank. Is this another scam?

I just removed Teamveiwer so they can’t get in again. Cost me 150.00 to have Laptop repaired. Refund of Program cost and repair cost would be appreciated.

We dont install Teamviewer on your computer. What likely happened is you were a victim of a technical support scam.

PC Matic Support

PCMatic Will Not Respond; NOT GOOD! On: October 16, 2016 By: Marde Gideon My computer started acting up…booting up slow; taking for ever; I tried running a security scan to check for bugs and it said everything is fine…so issues. One night while trying to surf the net a pop up appeared on a big solid blue screen stating that my computer was infected and to call the number on the screen immediately for help. my computer would not do anything; no matter what keys I hit nothing happened. So, I called the number and it turns out it was… Read more »
You got scammed. That was not Microsoft talking to you. That was a bunch of Middle Eastern criminals who run a popup that says your computer is infected and that they are Microsoft. They are NOT Microsoft. They may be operating out of a Microsoft overseas call center. If they get your phone number they will call you and tell you that your computer is sending out virus. If this happens again, just shut off your computer and when it reboots the popup should be gone. If you have the latest version of windows it will ask you if you… Read more »

Hi Joe,

PC Matic does not provide phone support. Microsoft also does not provide phone support. You are not speaking to Microsoft, nor PC Matic. You are speaking with scammers located in another country. There are tons of complaints about this, just Google “Tech Support Scams”.

PC Matic Support

My PC Matic program has quit working, all I get is a message advising me I am not connected to the internet, or that the site is out of order. I checked and I am connected to the internet, so it must be their site. What do I do about this ?

Hello Bruce,

Are you able to visit http://www.pcmatic.com/support? If not, can you get to http://www.pcpitstop.com/support? These are our support websites, and I’ve double checked to make sure they are working. Please let us know if you can access the sites for technical support.

PC Matic Support

I have used PC Matic for over 7 years, and it is a great product. I have never had a problem in contacting them, and the product works.

This person must be a PCmatic employee or paid promoter.

Thanks for the kind words, John. We are glad to hear you enjoy staying secure with our product.

jeanne and frank battaglino

We joined PCMatic on May 2,2017 and have had nothing but problems: slow computer,popups,etc Hard to get in touch with them! not happy!

PC Matic Support

PC Matic is the worst ever. They use PitStop which is full of viruses. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. False Advertising!!!

Liz I have had this product for 10 years now really never a problem at all, I like.

Liz,

We dont have viruses in our product, PC Matic. We block them from running on your computer. If you have problems with PC Matic, please reach out to our support team.

PC Matic Support

Hey PC Matic Support, I have had your product for 10 years or so and last 3 years been paying for 10 PC’s, but will knock it down to 5 I paid for being a nice guy and kept paying for friends needing help , but have moved out of state now and they have been told buy your own. Nice product.

I have called 2 times and left 2 emails and no one is ever available to speak to. I have had PC Matic for a while and had no problems until 6 mos ago when I had to have 2 trojans removed from my computer. It is having issues again and all I want is for someone to acknowledge me and help me figure out what is going on.

Jennifer,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems with PC Matic. Our official support can be found at https://www.pcpitstop.com/support . We do not offer phone support, however, our technicians will reply 7 days a week. Please let us know if you are still unable to contact our Support lines.

PC Matic Support

is the guy or gal you talking to on the phone sounds like a foreigner? that happened to me too, but it was not Microsoft once they get into you computer, they can control it, I called Microsoft Technician and immediately told me to turn off my internet, this guys are good, they use different phone numbers and will contact you every time, just a note, hard to know this days which one is actually the true company or somebody trying to scam you. good luck

Hello,

We dont call people or try and scam anyone. What you are describing is a technical support scam, typically originating from India. See the alert from the FTC here https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams

PC Matic Support

You are still a HORRIBLE company!

Hey folks, when you indicate that Microsoft security called make sure you know that they are a private company that apparently pays Microsoft to advertise on you PC and try to sell you something you probably don’t need and you give them access to you PC. Its bad enough that when Microsoft updates their systems, but check to see how many new names appear on your installed software after they make the install.

all my stuff is shutt down after pc matic got my money

Hi Lonnie,

I’m sorry to hear about your issues with PC Matic. Could you please clarify what you mean by your “stuff is shut down”? I’d love to get our support team involved to further assist you.

PC Matic Support

Since buying PC MATIC my computer is so slow, its hard to get anything done. I’m not impressed at all and would like my money back. Its awful. Don’t waste your money folks.

JoeAnn,

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with PC Matic. Were you able to open a support case with us? We can be reached 7 days a week by visiting https://www.pcpitstop.com/support

If you are still not satisfied with the product, we offer an unconditional money back guarantee.

PC Matic Support

Hello everyone. One thing about these POP-UP’S that they are experiencing is that Microsoft never sends you those messages ever. as they can not tell you that you are having that problem, you had actually hit a virus that had infected your PC, one way to get out of it is to shut your PC down and remove it from the internet, once you do that run your antivirus being offline and it will clean your PC. one thing I recommend to all my clients is if you are running an anti-virus always be sure to take it offline by… Read more »

True this person with the blue screen and a number piped up got had!

PCMATIC I have serious pre-purchase questions for you. I typically ALWAYS research EVERYTHING before I buy or commit to various items and/or services. I was on Amazon and although MANY RAVING REVIEWS… the negative ones had common and IMPORTANT concerns. Two of the MOST disturbing was the aqusations that 1) You don’t provide support via phone – dad if true 2) PCMATIC installs multiple adware! Please review theses comments from Amazon and help me separate fact from fiction. ty 1. I paid for the product, couldn’t install it on … Bytony farahanion January 13, 2017 Verified Purchase I paid for… Read more »

Thanks for posting your question. We do not offer phone support, however, we do offer support 7 days/week via email. We do not install adware, period, whatsoever.

PC Matic Support

I am in the process of looking for anti-virus software, and am researching for best value. I find many complaints about PC Matic, but the one that amazes me the most, is NO PHONE support. If the computer goes down from something that should have been prevented, what the hell good is a web site for tech support. Guess you have convinced me to use McAfee. Thanks..

Was on the verge of purchasing PC Matic. Now not so sure. A lot of negative info. here. No phone support? What if your computer has crashed? Email support doesn’t do much good then huh?

I just purchased the $50.00/ 5 computer pcmatic and installed it on my wifes computer. In it’s first scan it locked up on scanning the recycle bin. It continues to stall at this same point on several restarts. refund, please.

Please call 1-843-203-0422 to request a refund.

PC Matic Support

Does this mean you can be contacted by phone now at the above number?

All you get is an answering machine. Really bad customer service