PC Matic Complaints and Reviews

Sioux City, Iowa 51103 USA

Phone Number: 843-628-1546
Company Contact: Rob Cheng - Chief Executive Officer

Is PC Matic a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

PCMatic Will Not Respond; NOT GOOD!

My computer started acting up…booting up slow; taking for ever; I tried running a security scan to check for bugs and it said everything is fine…so issues.

One night while trying to surf the net a pop up appeared on a big solid blue screen stating that my computer was infected and to call the number on the screen immediately for help. my computer would not do anything; no matter what keys I hit nothing happened.

So, I called the number and it turns out it was Microsoft security people and they told me my computer was infected and was about to crash and I would lose everything. They said they could fix it for$249.00 and that it would take about 45 minutes to an hour.

I was on the phone with them for over three hours and during that time they said PC MATIC had not worked because they didn’t even have the right operating system being protected.

I had XM home addition and they had set up for some other operating system. so, it was not doing squat for my computer and it got infected badly. I tried and tried contacting PCmatic and to this day they have not contacted me back…it’s been about three years now.

I wanted to be reimbursed for having to have Microsoft fix my computer, or at least get a free year of help from them and you all know how that went.

Official Responses from PC Matic

By: Rob Cheng On: June 7, 2013

PC Matic is developed and supported by PC Pitstop – a reputable company that has been around for more than 12 years and been on the forefront of the fight against malware and computer safety. PC Matic has recently received the highly respected VB100 Anti-Virus Certification.

We welcome all feedback and will publicly respond to any specific concerns regarding the operation of our products that are supported by screenshots or facts that we can researched.

The PC Matic product support team is available via the link below:

By: PC Matic On: February 18, 2013

Your $49.99 has been refunded as requested.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team directly through the link below:

15 Most Recent Reviews

More About PC Matic

PC Matic is run by pcpitstop.com which offers PC scans and solutions for common PC problems.

Related Complaints - Pitstop LLC

Comments

585 Comments on "PC Matic"

I ran pc Matic and my system crashed. I tried calling, email, and following their suggests. I lost all of my files. I paid $120.00 to get it back. PC Matic never responded to my call for help.

I have gone to the support site and left a message but after 3 full days and no response I thought I’d try this site . I had an Apple update for iTunes that caused me to do a restore on my computer 01/16/18. On 01/22/18 I run PC-matic on the computer and the computer did the same thing after the scan and restart so I did another restore. My concern is I have PC-matic on 4 other computers and may be you could help me avoid the repeat of the problem if there is no help at least respond… Read more »

Blaine,

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you are having with PC Matic. I looked at our records and show multiple entries for “Blaine Taylor”. Could you please reply back with your email address, and I’ll be sure someone reaches out to you.

PC Matic Support

First time pc matic user. Lap top was 2 weeks old when I attempted to go to a toll payment web site. My computer was immediately grabbed by ransom ware and after trying everything I knew to do I ended up taking it to the shop. problem could only be resolved by taking pc all the way back to “new”

Hi Bill,

I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you had with PC Matic. Our support team can be reached at https://www.pcmatic.com/support and can ensure PC Matic is configured correctly.

PC Matic had just finished a scan, and said to do restart with a button. Low and behold a fatal crash. I whould have not used their optimizer.

Alex,
I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with PC Matic. Our support team can be reached at https://www.pcmatic.com/support

I HATE YALL

Josh,

I’m sorry to hear you hate us. I’m not sure why, but if you could clarify, I’d be happy to help resolve the issues.

you got played…

Don,

How did anyone get played? We offer a 30 day money back guarantee, and provide technical support for our product.

PC Matic Support

Had PC Matic on both of my computers for several weeks now. In all sincerity, my computers are both running much better than they did before I installed PC Matic. Both used to freeze-up and get the dreaded “blue screen” every few days, but that hasn’t happened for quite-a-while now. Also, used to get a lot of “script errors” on one of PCs. That’s has only happened twice since PC Matic . I understand that it may not work to everyone’s expectations, but I’;m g;lad I’ve got it. I’ve tried the pay versions of AVG, Panda, and Norton, but so… Read more »

Hi Larry,

I’m glad to hear you are happy with PC Matic. Thanks for letting us know!

I want to renew my account with your firm. The renewal date was 1/18/2018

Truman,

It looks like you have successfully renewed PC Matic. Your subscription is valid until 2019/01/25. Also, you have auto-renewal enabled, so you should be fine going forward.

If you do need support, we can be reached at http://www.pcmatic.com/support

Renew my account with PCMATIC .COM

Truman,

If you do need support, we can be reached at http://www.pcmatic.com/support

PC Matic Support

Spent 15 minutes just trying to get in contact with PC Matic. When I finally got through, I couldn’t understand the foreigner on the other end of the line. I thought this was an American company? Don’t trust them!

don’t start with me boi you acting ridiculous

Hello Rob,

If you were speaking to anyone claiming to be from PC Matic, you were being scammed. PC Matic does not provide phone support. All of our support is provided by email or on our forums. Please visit http://www.pcmatic.com/support for more information. These tech support scammers are on the rise, and you can read all about them from the FTC https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams

PC Matic Support

When a “Microsoft alert ” message pops up–then totally freezes your screen and an “official” Microsoft looking message tells you to call a number–DON”T!! It’s a scam. To “escape” simply hold down the ctrl–alt–and delete keys all together. your blue screen will appear with a list of actions. Click the “restart” only and you will automatically be back to log on again.

Great tip, Don! Thanks for clearing things up for many people on this site.

Same thing happened to my PC last year. Unfortunately I “bit” and paid the pseudo MS Security (Asian sounding representative) $200 for them to “repair” PC. It has since happened three more times over the year and I did exactly what you outlined and it works. So try this first and if it doesn’t work, call MS directly on the phone. If it is a real threat they will help you over the phone.

My labtop was working great but I decided to download pc matic to protect it. DONT MAKE THIS MISTAKE. Didn’t even need it just got it just incase to protect me and now my computer is ridiculously slow. It was fine before nothing wrong, the only thing it could be is Pc Matic

Scottie,
This can happen if you have more than one antivirus program installed on your machine. Regardless, it is not normal, and our support team can assist. They are available 7 days per week. Just visit http://www.pcmatic.com/support and we’ll help you out.

PC Matic Support

I wanted to buy american but something is not right about the company. The customer service can not respond to a direct question. I’m afraid this company will fold. You can not just run on the coattails of MADE IN AMERICA and not supply common sense customer service. You can not maintain a company with incompetent customer service. It is supposed to be humans on the other end yet the answers are scripted and robotic.

Linda,

I’m sorry to here you are not pleased with the level of support received from PC Matic. We have been in business since 1999, and are not riding on the coattails of the Made in America message. We are truly made and supported in the US. It looks like you purchased PC Matic on June 14 2017 and have it up and running on 5 devices. Is there something we can help you with? Please open up a support case at http://www.pcmatic.com/support and we will be glad to assist you.

fukkas never respond

William,

We respond to all email inquiries, typically within a few hours, however, sometimes our replies get stuck in the junk/spam folders. I noticed you purchased PC Matic on April 13 2017, and have it installed on 2 machines. I also see we’ve blocked some viruses on both of those computers, too. Are you still experiencing an issue? If so, please contact us at http://www.pcmatic.com/support so we can assist.

PC Matic Support

While in stalling pc matic the tec.got credit card number he charged $750.00 more then he suppose to .buyer be ware..

William,
We do not sell PC Matic over the phone. You fell victim to a tech support scam. Please contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. It was not from PC Matic.

PC Matic Support

purchased pc matic. Next say when trying to access word files I was hit with a software notification that halted my access. And my screen said “This copy of windows is not genuine. When contacted pcmatic at 844-210-3777, I reached a “Jerry” a fellow with thick India accent and garbled phone noise. After much effort, he said my windows is a “7” and Microsoft will not recognize for purposes of maintenance anything lower than a “10.” He took control of my computer and then started to ask for personal information which should have been available thru pc matic., I asked… Read more »

Be advised that if you had paid any monies to get it fixed by them, it was a scam. BUT in about a month they would call back and say they made a mistake and wanted to send your money back. All they wanted is your credit card # so they could deposit it to your account. They just wanted to drain your account .Take it from an old man who got took for the $229.00 But no more

The guy was hit with ransom scam the solution is go to the task bar click on task manager highlight the server usually google click disable this will restore the earlier site no payment. So each time they hit you repeat the process just revealed .PC matic is not set up to address this so not responsible for the hit

I have been charged 49.99 I no longer have a computer. Last time we had a computer in our home was more than 9 years ago. And on 10/30/17 I was charged so WTF.

Diana,

Since you didn’t include your last name, I cannot look up your account. Can you either provide the first and last name on the account or email address? Alternatively, you can request a refund by calling 18432030422 or updating your account here https://cart.pcpitstop.com/update.asp

I installed the “free trial” version. It never fully installed. Then it kept putting up a blue screen telling me I was unprotected and something dissing Windows Defender. The blue screen completely locked up my computer and then I had to restart. After about six restarts, I went to uninstall the program. It took forever to uninstall every PCmatic file. I’m hoping it is completely uninstalled. I will NEVER install this again!!!!

Hi Laura, I’m sorry to hear you had problems with PC Matic. I’m curious to know more about your comment regarding “dissing Windows Defender”. We dont do that in our product, nor do normal blue screens do that. If you could, please reach out to our support team at http://pcmatic.com/support. Thanks.

I bought pcmatic about 3months ago and everything was good until a month ago!! You all disappeared and you are no longer with me!! Why and what happened????? I need your protection and help!!!!!! Please help me!!! My name is Sidney loessin and live in sweeny,Texas. I want what I paid for!!! Help!!

Sidney,

Please contact our support team at PCMatic.com/Support. They are available 7 days a week, and will be glad to assist you.

re: marde gideon. same thing happened to me. culprit is america geeks, 888 554 6480. refused to pay. had to crash the computer, ran a pcmatic scan. everything seems ok.

Tom, you were smart not to pay those Tech Support Scammers. They are not affiliated with PC Matic in any way.

PC Matic is ransomware. duh. I asked them why their program allowed my computer to be taken over and they blamed me.

Wick,

We certainly are not ransomware. If you haven’t done so, please reach out to our tech support team at pcmatic.com/support
Thanks.

The “blue screen” is not Microsoft….it is a ripoff company that gives you their phone number to call not MS……even their web address makes it look like it is MS but it is not….so to the guy who had that issue it most likely isn’t a problem with PC matic…….and I’m not a fan of pc matic

I had webroot and got that message to call that # Just a scam