PC Matic Complaints

PC Matic Ratings

PC Matic Reports

Most Recent PC Matic Complaints

Is PC Matic a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Computer Software Directory ListingPC Pitstop LLC ListingResponse From Company

PCMatic Will Not Respond; NOT GOOD!

My computer started acting up…booting up slow; taking for ever; I tried running a security scan to check for bugs and it said everything is fine…so issues.

One night while trying to surf the net a pop up appeared on a big solid blue screen stating that my computer was infected and to call the number on the screen immediately for help. my computer would not do anything; no matter what keys I hit nothing happened.

So, I called the number and it turns out it was Mircosoft security people and they told me my computer was infected and was about to crash and I would lose everything. they said they could fix it for$249.00 and that it would take about 45 minutes to an hour. I was on the phone with them for over three hours and during that time they said PC MATIC had not worked because they didn’t even have the right operating system being protected.

I had XM home addition and they had set up for some other operating system. so, it was not doing squat for my computer and it got infected badly. I tried and tried contacting PCmatic and to this day they have not contacted me back…it’s been about three years now.

I wanted to be reimbursed for having to have Microsoft fix my d**n computer or at least get a free year of help from them and you all know how that went.

Official Responses from PC Matic

By: Rob Cheng On: June 7, 2013

PC Matic is developed and supported by PC Pitstop – a reputable company that has been around for more than 12 years and been on the forefront of the fight against malware and computer safety. PC Matic has recently received the highly respected VB100 Anti-Virus Certification.

We welcome all feedback and will publicly respond to any specific concerns regarding the operation of our products that are supported by screenshots or facts that we can researched.

The PC Matic product support team is available via the link below:

By: PC Matic On: February 18, 2013

Your $49.99 has been refunded as requested.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team directly through the link below:

15 Most Recent Reviews About PC Matic

More About PC Matic

PC Matic is run by pcpitstop.com which offers PC scans and solutions for common PC problems.

Related Complaints - Pitstop LLC

Submit a Complaint or Review For PC Matic

501 Comments on "PC Matic"

Hey folks, when you indicate that Microsoft security called make sure you know that they are a private company that apparently pays Microsoft to advertise on you PC and try to sell you something you probably don’t need and you give them access to you PC. Its bad enough that when Microsoft updates their systems, but check to see how many new names appear on your installed software after they make the install.

all my stuff is shutt down after pc matic got my money

Hi Lonnie,

I’m sorry to hear about your issues with PC Matic. Could you please clarify what you mean by your “stuff is shut down”? I’d love to get our support team involved to further assist you.

Best wishes,
PC Matic Support

Since buying PC MATIC my computer is so slow, its hard to get anything done. I’m not impressed at all and would like my money back. Its awful. Don’t waste your money folks.

JoeAnn,

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with PC Matic. Were you able to open a support case with us? We can be reached 7 days a week by visiting https://www.pcpitstop.com/support

If you are still not satisfied with the product, we offer an unconditional money back guarantee.

PC Matic Support

Hello everyone. One thing about these POP-UP’S that they are experiencing is that Microsoft never sends you those messages ever. as they can not tell you that you are having that problem, you had actually hit a virus that had infected your PC, one way to get out of it is to shut your PC down and remove it from the internet, once you do that run your antivirus being offline and it will clean your PC. one thing I recommend to all my clients is if you are running an anti-virus always be sure to take it offline by… Read more »

True this person with the blue screen and a number piped up got had!

PCMATIC I have serious pre-purchase questions for you. I typically ALWAYS research EVERYTHING before I buy or commit to various items and/or services. I was on Amazon and although MANY RAVING REVIEWS… the negative ones had common and IMPORTANT concerns. Two of the MOST disturbing was the aqusations that 1) You don’t provide support via phone – dad if true 2) PCMATIC installs multiple adware! Please review theses comments from Amazon and help me separate fact from fiction. ty 1. I paid for the product, couldn’t install it on … Bytony farahanion January 13, 2017 Verified Purchase I paid for… Read more »

Thanks for posting your question. We do not offer phone support, however, we do offer support 7 days/week via email. We do not install adware, period, whatsoever.

PC Matic Support

Was on the verge of purchasing PC Matic. Now not so sure. A lot of negative info. here. No phone support? What if your computer has crashed? Email support doesn’t do much good then huh?

I just purchased the $50.00/ 5 computer pcmatic and installed it on my wifes computer. In it’s first scan it locked up on scanning the recycle bin. It continues to stall at this same point on several restarts. refund, please.

Please call 1-843-203-0422 to request a refund.

PC Matic Support

To Mr. Gideon, you got scammed by the people you called that said they were Microsoft. Microsoft never slips in a pop-up like that. That said, there are a lot of questionable companies (people) that have successfully set this type of scam up. You cannot believe what they say, they may or may not fix your problem, in any case, their fee is higher than a call to MS for some help, even after warranty. As for PC Matic, it is a fair, multi-purpose computer cleaner. For many issues, it does well. For more complex ones, their fix may not… Read more »
One thing about these POP-UP’S that they are experiencing is that Microsoft never sends you those messages ever. as they can not tell you that you are having that problem, you had actually hit a virus that had infected your PC, one way to get out of it is to shut your PC down and remove it from the internet, once you do that run your antivirus being offline and it will clean your PC. one thing I recommend to all my clients is if you are running an anti-virus always be sure to take it offline by disconnecting it… Read more »

well that wasnt pc matic the same thing happened to me and i got ripped off 300.oo

your program has created innumerable problems (just recently) has your system been corrupted- HELP

Please contact PC Matic Support by visiting https://www.pcpitstop.com/support
Our technicians will be more than happy to assist you, 7 days a week.

PC Matic Support

The Blue Screen with 800 number where supposedly you contact Microsoft is a scam. Microsoft does not notify people that there computer is infected

All I Wanted was anti-virus protection

Horrible product.buyer beware.better yet run away fast.

pc matic sucks I regret

If you dislike PC Matic, feel free to request a refund by contacting our Support department at https://www.pcpitstop.com/support

PC Matic Support

I was informed that I had a trojan along with other undesirables and that it would cost over $400. to remove them. I learned that I do NOT have those problems. The technician hung up on me when I informed him that I did not trust him.

I am asking politely for a refund of my subscription. If there is no response to this I will take further action.

We do not call any of our customers, period. What you have encountered was a scam, and was not part of PC Matic.
If you have, in fact, purchased PC Matic, and would like a refund, please call 18432030422.

PC Matic Support

Unable to get the refund. I did NOT encounter a scam. I called pcmatic who hung up on me. The scam is definitely PCMATIC. I have uninstalled the program.

PCMatic is a joke. Unfortunately the joke is on the paying customer. If you have a technical question or problem, you receive a condescending email advising that PCMatic does not have personal technical assistance. OK….so I don’t have a personal paying account anymore. I suppose that is best. No customers and no technical support hassle for them. Works for me. I’ll spread the word.

Just spent a long time with someone who told me that it would cost $416.26 to solve my problem!! Requesting a refund of my subscription cost.

Margaret,

We do not call our customers. As others have mentioned, this is not PC Matic.

PC Matic Support

It WAS pcmatic as I had called customer support off the website!!!! You did NOT call me. I CALLED YOU!!

I get messages saying they could not scan my computer because was turned off. It wasn’t. Then I could not go on to my account as my password which has never changed would not work. They said they would send a new password several times, but didn’t. I called twice, but they never returned my call. I send an email and it was not answered. How can I get a refund??

I will NEVER buy their software for the following reason: The advertising makes me hate the company and turns me off no matter what the quality might be.(which appears to be terrible)

Hi Brigadier,
Thanks for posting your comment. Your feedback will be relayed to our marketing team.

PC Matic Support

Just spent 3 hours fixing two computers on separate internet connections with PCMATIC on them. They would boot up and shutdown. The only thing in common, they both had PCMATIC. Finally got PCMATIC uninstalled and the computers worked fine. Installed McFee.. Will never ever never use PCMATIC again. Don’t waste your money on this crap.

Hi Puff the Dragon,

I’m sorry to hear you were having problems with PC Matic. I’d like to look into this case for you. Did you ever contact Technical Support?

PC Matic Support

I have sent 3 messages to support for the past week, they will not respond. Just go to the page people say, well that don’t work either and now I cant even sign into my account. I am done with this crap. My advice for people is not even go there for it is all hype with no help at all. Its the most wasteful 50 bucks I have ever spent.

PC Magic really sucks it start off good then within a year your computer starts to get very slow then they tell you that you need another program that cost double what you already paid I think they need to tell you the truth from the beginning
Don’t purchase it waste of time and money

Raul,

This is not something that we do. Our price is $50 for 5 computers per year. If you have technical support issues, please reach out to us at https://www.pcpitstop.com/support. Additionally, we offer our Evergreen license, which is good for the life of the computer, and includes all software updates for PC Matic.

Best wishes,
PC Matic Support

How many people people own 5 active computers? Bunch of A***s. Stick it!!!!

No complaint….was interested in looking at the product….I’ve seen enough negative comments about SERVE or the lack there of, that I’m NO longer interested in the product. Nothing personal against the company, though I do find there lasted ad annoying.

I can’t seem to get this to work. I found this to be a very difficult program to run. I will request a refund. WASTE OF MY TIME>

Hi Margaret,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems with PC Matic. Please reach out to our support team, so that someone can guide you through the installation, and how to use the program. Our support team is available 7 days a week, and can be reached at https://www.pcpitstop.com/support

If you would rather request a refund, you can call our automated refund line at 1-843-203-0422 .

Just a picture dumbass.

Just to let you un-informed people Know…..This is NOT a PC Matic issue, When you get a screen that says Your computer is Infected and they want MONEY to fix is a SCAM…PERIOD They are Not Microsoft Security, MS does not have any connection to People who plant cookies on your computer and take it hostage! This idiot that blames PC Matic or any other company is stupid and should not own a computer. Look this up on the internet folks. Just do this hit ctrl + Alt + Delete takes you to your computers Task Manager and click on… Read more »

Right but it also did not block the scammers from taking over the computer. Isn’t that one of the reasons to buy PC Matic?

I don’t use PC matic and never would but the problem you are talking about will happen no matter what you are using. The fix is simple. Just put a shortcut for task manager in your task bar. When the window pops up just use task manager to close your browser. When you reopen it will be gone.

Those particular pop ups that take your computer screen hostage generally come from clicking on a particular link either accidently or intentionally. It’s a deceptive practice and the root is to get you to pay the ones who caused it, money to correct it.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for helping us clarify that PC Matic does not call and ask for money, nor do we put up popups or cookies which try to take your computer hostage. We are a legitimate computer software company, who have been in business since 1999.

PC Matic Support

But isn’t PC Matic suppose to STOP this stuff from happening? Proof your product does not work.