PC Matic Complaints

PC Matic Ratings

PC Matic Reports

Most Recent PC Matic Complaints

Is PC Matic a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Computer Software Directory ListingPC Pitstop LLC ListingResponse From Company

PCMatic Will Not Respond; NOT GOOD!

So, I called the number and it turns out it was Mircosoft security people and they told me my computer was infected and was about to crash and I would lose everything. they said they could fix it for$249.00 and that it would take about 45 minutes to an hour. I was on the phone with them for over three hours and during that time they said PC MATIC had not worked because they didn’t even have the right operating system being protected.

I had XM home addition and they had set up for some other operating system. so, it was not doing squat for my computer and it got infected badly. I tried and tried contacting PCmatic and to this day they have not contacted me back…it’s been about three years now.

I wanted to be reimbursed for having to have Microsoft fix my d**n computer or at least get a free year of help from them and you all know how that went.

Official Responses from PC Matic

By: Rob Cheng On: June 7, 2013

PC Matic is developed and supported by PC Pitstop – a reputable company that has been around for more than 12 years and been on the forefront of the fight against malware and computer safety. PC Matic has recently received the highly respected VB100 Anti-Virus Certification.

We welcome all feedback and will publicly respond to any specific concerns regarding the operation of our products that are supported by screenshots or facts that we can researched.

The PC Matic product support team is available via the link below:

By: PC Matic On: February 18, 2013

Your $49.99 has been refunded as requested.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team directly through the link below:

15 Most Recent Reviews About PC Matic

More About PC Matic

PC Matic is run by pcpitstop.com which offers PC scans and solutions for common PC problems.

Related Complaints - Pitstop LLC

Submit a Complaint or Review For PC Matic

523 Comments on "PC Matic"

I asked for a refund around 2 yrs ago, never got it. Started getting calls from Indians. Said they were going to fix the problem. Destroyed my Laptop. Had to have it completely wiped and Systems and apps reinstalled. Now getting calls again about refund thru my Laptop to my Bank. Is this another scam?

PCMatic Will Not Respond; NOT GOOD! On: October 16, 2016 By: Marde Gideon My computer started acting up…booting up slow; taking for ever; I tried running a security scan to check for bugs and it said everything is fine…so issues. One night while trying to surf the net a pop up appeared on a big solid blue screen stating that my computer was infected and to call the number on the screen immediately for help. my computer would not do anything; no matter what keys I hit nothing happened. So, I called the number and it turns out it was… Read more »

Hi Joe,

PC Matic does not provide phone support. Microsoft also does not provide phone support. You are not speaking to Microsoft, nor PC Matic. You are speaking with scammers located in another country. There are tons of complaints about this, just Google “Tech Support Scams”.

PC Matic Support

My PC Matic program has quit working, all I get is a message advising me I am not connected to the internet, or that the site is out of order. I checked and I am connected to the internet, so it must be their site. What do I do about this ?

Hello Bruce,

Are you able to visit http://www.pcmatic.com/support? If not, can you get to http://www.pcpitstop.com/support? These are our support websites, and I’ve double checked to make sure they are working. Please let us know if you can access the sites for technical support.

PC Matic Support

I have used PC Matic for over 7 years, and it is a great product. I have never had a problem in contacting them, and the product works.

This person must be a PCmatic employee or paid promoter.

Thanks for the kind words, John. We are glad to hear you enjoy staying secure with our product.

jeanne and frank battaglino

We joined PCMatic on May 2,2017 and have had nothing but problems: slow computer,popups,etc Hard to get in touch with them! not happy!

PC Matic Support

PC Matic is the worst ever. They use PitStop which is full of viruses. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. False Advertising!!!

Liz,

We dont have viruses in our product, PC Matic. We block them from running on your computer. If you have problems with PC Matic, please reach out to our support team.

PC Matic Support

I have called 2 times and left 2 emails and no one is ever available to speak to. I have had PC Matic for a while and had no problems until 6 mos ago when I had to have 2 trojans removed from my computer. It is having issues again and all I want is for someone to acknowledge me and help me figure out what is going on.

Jennifer,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems with PC Matic. Our official support can be found at https://www.pcpitstop.com/support . We do not offer phone support, however, our technicians will reply 7 days a week. Please let us know if you are still unable to contact our Support lines.

PC Matic Support

is the guy or gal you talking to on the phone sounds like a foreigner? that happened to me too, but it was not Microsoft once they get into you computer, they can control it, I called Microsoft Technician and immediately told me to turn off my internet, this guys are good, they use different phone numbers and will contact you every time, just a note, hard to know this days which one is actually the true company or somebody trying to scam you. good luck

Hello,

We dont call people or try and scam anyone. What you are describing is a technical support scam, typically originating from India. See the alert from the FTC here https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams

PC Matic Support

You are still a HORRIBLE company!

Hey folks, when you indicate that Microsoft security called make sure you know that they are a private company that apparently pays Microsoft to advertise on you PC and try to sell you something you probably don’t need and you give them access to you PC. Its bad enough that when Microsoft updates their systems, but check to see how many new names appear on your installed software after they make the install.

all my stuff is shutt down after pc matic got my money

Hi Lonnie,

I’m sorry to hear about your issues with PC Matic. Could you please clarify what you mean by your “stuff is shut down”? I’d love to get our support team involved to further assist you.

PC Matic Support

Since buying PC MATIC my computer is so slow, its hard to get anything done. I’m not impressed at all and would like my money back. Its awful. Don’t waste your money folks.

JoeAnn,

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with PC Matic. Were you able to open a support case with us? We can be reached 7 days a week by visiting https://www.pcpitstop.com/support

If you are still not satisfied with the product, we offer an unconditional money back guarantee.

PC Matic Support

Hello everyone. One thing about these POP-UP’S that they are experiencing is that Microsoft never sends you those messages ever. as they can not tell you that you are having that problem, you had actually hit a virus that had infected your PC, one way to get out of it is to shut your PC down and remove it from the internet, once you do that run your antivirus being offline and it will clean your PC. one thing I recommend to all my clients is if you are running an anti-virus always be sure to take it offline by… Read more »

True this person with the blue screen and a number piped up got had!

PCMATIC I have serious pre-purchase questions for you. I typically ALWAYS research EVERYTHING before I buy or commit to various items and/or services. I was on Amazon and although MANY RAVING REVIEWS… the negative ones had common and IMPORTANT concerns. Two of the MOST disturbing was the aqusations that 1) You don’t provide support via phone – dad if true 2) PCMATIC installs multiple adware! Please review theses comments from Amazon and help me separate fact from fiction. ty 1. I paid for the product, couldn’t install it on … Bytony farahanion January 13, 2017 Verified Purchase I paid for… Read more »

Thanks for posting your question. We do not offer phone support, however, we do offer support 7 days/week via email. We do not install adware, period, whatsoever.

PC Matic Support

I am in the process of looking for anti-virus software, and am researching for best value. I find many complaints about PC Matic, but the one that amazes me the most, is NO PHONE support. If the computer goes down from something that should have been prevented, what the hell good is a web site for tech support. Guess you have convinced me to use McAfee. Thanks..

Was on the verge of purchasing PC Matic. Now not so sure. A lot of negative info. here. No phone support? What if your computer has crashed? Email support doesn’t do much good then huh?

I just purchased the $50.00/ 5 computer pcmatic and installed it on my wifes computer. In it’s first scan it locked up on scanning the recycle bin. It continues to stall at this same point on several restarts. refund, please.

Please call 1-843-203-0422 to request a refund.

PC Matic Support

Does this mean you can be contacted by phone now at the above number?

To Mr. Gideon, you got scammed by the people you called that said they were Microsoft. Microsoft never slips in a pop-up like that. That said, there are a lot of questionable companies (people) that have successfully set this type of scam up. You cannot believe what they say, they may or may not fix your problem, in any case, their fee is higher than a call to MS for some help, even after warranty. As for PC Matic, it is a fair, multi-purpose computer cleaner. For many issues, it does well. For more complex ones, their fix may not… Read more »
One thing about these POP-UP’S that they are experiencing is that Microsoft never sends you those messages ever. as they can not tell you that you are having that problem, you had actually hit a virus that had infected your PC, one way to get out of it is to shut your PC down and remove it from the internet, once you do that run your antivirus being offline and it will clean your PC. one thing I recommend to all my clients is if you are running an anti-virus always be sure to take it offline by disconnecting it… Read more »

well that wasnt pc matic the same thing happened to me and i got ripped off 300.oo

your program has created innumerable problems (just recently) has your system been corrupted- HELP

Please contact PC Matic Support by visiting https://www.pcpitstop.com/support
Our technicians will be more than happy to assist you, 7 days a week.

PC Matic Support

The Blue Screen with 800 number where supposedly you contact Microsoft is a scam. Microsoft does not notify people that there computer is infected

yes i redieved that blue sreen with 800 number and contacted supposedly Microsoft. these guys are in India. Payed 349. for three years. Blue sreen pop[ed up again, now they want 249. to protect agaiinst ransom ware Has’nt Microsoft been notified about this scam. What can we do to get rid of the blue sreen without calling this 800 number. I was told to pay thru amazon and I recieved an alert from amazon because this was an unauthorized company. SOMEONE HELP!

All I Wanted was anti-virus protection

Horrible product.buyer beware.better yet run away fast.

pc matic sucks I regret

If you dislike PC Matic, feel free to request a refund by contacting our Support department at https://www.pcpitstop.com/support

PC Matic Support

I was informed that I had a trojan along with other undesirables and that it would cost over $400. to remove them. I learned that I do NOT have those problems. The technician hung up on me when I informed him that I did not trust him.

I am asking politely for a refund of my subscription. If there is no response to this I will take further action.

We do not call any of our customers, period. What you have encountered was a scam, and was not part of PC Matic.
If you have, in fact, purchased PC Matic, and would like a refund, please call 18432030422.

PC Matic Support

Unable to get the refund. I did NOT encounter a scam. I called pcmatic who hung up on me. The scam is definitely PCMATIC. I have uninstalled the program.

Margaret,

Since we do not offer phone support, I’m not sure how you called PC Matic. If you Google PC Matic Support, you will get fake numbers from scammers trying to make you believe they are from the real PC Matic.

Sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience with PC Matic.

PC Matic Support

PCMatic is a joke. Unfortunately the joke is on the paying customer. If you have a technical question or problem, you receive a condescending email advising that PCMatic does not have personal technical assistance. OK….so I don’t have a personal paying account anymore. I suppose that is best. No customers and no technical support hassle for them. Works for me. I’ll spread the word.

Just spent a long time with someone who told me that it would cost $416.26 to solve my problem!! Requesting a refund of my subscription cost.

Margaret,

We do not call our customers. As others have mentioned, this is not PC Matic.

PC Matic Support

It WAS pcmatic as I had called customer support off the website!!!! You did NOT call me. I CALLED YOU!!

I get messages saying they could not scan my computer because was turned off. It wasn’t. Then I could not go on to my account as my password which has never changed would not work. They said they would send a new password several times, but didn’t. I called twice, but they never returned my call. I send an email and it was not answered. How can I get a refund??