Avast Complaints and Reviews

Avast.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: November 27, 2017

Business Name: AVAST Software a.s.
Trianon Office Building Budejovicka 1518/13a 140 00
Prague Czech Republic

Phone Number: 00 420 274 005 777
Company Contact: Vincent Steckler - CEO

Is Avast a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Sells defective products with no refunds.

Avast Premier package was purchased in April 2016. Less than two weeks later, computer started displaying weird messages. Contacted Avast for technical assistance. Was told I would have to purchase an additional technical package for $179.99 plus an additional technical package for $18.99 for password protection that would fix the computer issues and protect the computer for one year. Needless to say both technical packages did not fix the technical issues.

Contacted Avast for a refund of both technical packages and the original Avast Premier software at 49.99. Was told by Avast that they do not handle verbal refunds that I had to file a request for a refund through an apparently bogus website I was given.

Went to the website to file the request but found no method to file the request, just a large quantity of e-mail complaints from unsatisfied purchasers of Avast products.

Then went to my bank to file a dispute over the three charges and got the run around from them too. Appears they are in cohoots with Avast to screw people out of their considerable investments in Avast products. Bottomline, got the run around from Avast and my bank and to add insult to injury, I’m out $248.97 plus all my time and effort attempting to obtain a refund for Avast defective products.

Beware of DRI AVAST and do not purchase any of their products since you will NEVER get a refund and the products will not perform as advertised. Also be aware of automatic renewal subscriptions that you may not be able to refuse.

More About Avast

Avast Software, Inc USA - 255 Shoreline Dr #515 Redwood City, CA 94065 Avast.com

Comments

10 Comments on "Avast"

I purchased a product. But after several requests they didn’t sent the activation code. I my avast account also they are showing activation code not available, though they are confirming the order. These people simply stole my money.

I purchased Antivirus Internet Security promotion for 2 yrs, I just found it that never never was installed, and I had tremendous complaints with somebody in India who was hardly to comprehend and they tried to get more money from me – this services suck – also they stole my money
be aware when you purchase from AVAST

Have just had absolutely appalling service from avast! So angry. Customer service rep and supervisor talked over the top of me, did not listen and were less than helpful. The customer service rep miss sold me a product, did not explain and then I asked to speak to a supervisor. He then told me he had been sitting next to his colleague which is strange as she stated that she needed to find a supervisor. I am honestly so upset and shocked at how I have been treated as a long term customer. DO NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

I thought it was really free, silly me! It is like a virus you cannot remove. It takes over my screen even though I tried and tried to uninstall it. I hope there is some investigation into whoever is offering this.

Have had Avast for last year at a charge of $179 for premium support. at time for renewal a pop appeared; tried to fill it out would not take all information. Stopped, I thought, the transaction. Pop up window appeared saying continue to completer. Because I have always had Avast in past trusted and completed with credit card. Avast said I would get an email with installation and key as has always happened in the past. No email that day or the next..Tried to connect with Quick connect it never gives you the chat. They do not answer the phone.… Read more »

I just bought and installed avast security and firewall and my computer went crazy then crashed. I finally got it uninstalled and called them for my money back. Of course I should of known better. The guy on the phone wanted to go into my computer and see if avast was causing the problem and said since I did not give him access to my computer then they would not refund my money. I know avast crashed it I don’t need some stranger in my computer. How they enjoy my free money.

I keep getting these popups saying avast has stopped a dangerous page from loading when i am at my own website. I have run every virus scan I can from several different companies and nothing. So just for s and g, I uninstalled avast for a few days to see what would happen. after a couple of days I did several virus scans again, nothing on my UNPROTECTED computer. Reinstalled avast and 5 minutes later, bang, got that popup again. It is always one of 3 names, so I googled them and you can go to one of many sites… Read more »
I signed up for Avast Tech Support and was charged $179.99 for one years service. Three days later when I contacted Tech support for help I was met with a group of apathetic, unprofessional and rude Techs who treated me more as an annoyance than a paying customer. I was pulling my hair out trying to get anything done. I immediatedly called Avast and told them that I was cancelling the service and wanted my money back. They told me that their policy would not allow them to refund my money. Not a penny! I went to the Discover Card… Read more »
I am finding it difficult to cancel Avast anitvirus which I bought on line for $9.99/monthly with a MasterCard. I called their tech support number in USA but got a guy named Ronald who said their company was called ATF and they didn’t have any customer service phone number for Avast other than a number in Prague… hmm very fishy.. He said he did not have any supervisor I could talk to and he refused to give me the business address of ATF which is located in Massachuesetts USA. I will file a complaint with Consumer and Corporate Affairs office… Read more »

I signed up for the free Avast anti-virus program a couple years ago. To my surprise an unauthorized charge appeared on my MasterCard statement in January of $29.99. I checked earlier statements and discovered a similar charge last year that I unfortunately never discovered. I am requesting discontinued service and a refund. Let’s see what happens. CitiCard was as helpful as one could expect concerning the problem.