Global Computer Services Complaints and Reviews

St Paul, Minnesota 55107 USA

Phone Number: 952-882-8500
Corp Email: support@gcm-online.com
Company Contact: Michelle McCue - Owner, President

Is Global Computer Services a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Horrific Business Practice and Customer Service

My friend, Mr. Billy R. Sandifer, Customer No. 1729418, Order No. 32493973, Item No. 79328. Purchased a Dell Latitude E 6510 Laptop, on line from Heartland America Catalog, on February 7, 2017 as a birthday gift for me.

I contacted GCM (Mr. Mike) on 14 March 17 and spoke to him, from 1:20 pm to 2:02 pm, advising him that the keyboard connection inside was messed up. He conveyed there’s a blue plug below the g/h key to supposedly prevent the problem.

GCM provided me a Return Shipping Label and said I must include the RMA No. 511661HJM on the outside of the box for it to be accepted by GCM.

I received the label on or about March 14th and shipped the laptop back to GCM.

I contacted GCM located in St Paul, Minnesota, at 952.882.8500 Ext 2 (Mr. Mike) on March 28, 2017 at 11:00 am about the status of the question. Mr. Mike advised that the laptop would be shipped out that day.

On March 30, 2017 at 2:45 pm, I called GCM and spoke with (Mr. Mike) asking him for the tracking number for the laptop and he advised it had been delivered today (March 30th at 11:00 am approximately). Since he indicated it had been delivered, there was no need for me to obtain the tracking number and I was going to the post office to pick it up.

Conversely, Mr. Sandifer (the purchaser) of the laptop called me, on March 30th at 3:34 pm and I told him that Mr. Mike said the laptop had been delivered to me. Mr. Sandifer told me that can’t be, because the laptop was at his home when he arrived and he was confused. I advised Mr. Sandifer that I would contact GCM (Mr. Mike) and ask him to send a RAM Shipping Label for him to ship the computer to me.

I contacted Mr. Mike, on March 30th at 4:53 pm, and explained that they had shipped the laptop to Mr. Sandifer who resides in Reynoldsburg, OH instead of me with a mailing address of P.O. Box 23554, Washington, DC. Mr. Mike got on the defensive immediately and conveyed that they shipped the laptop to the address I allegedly provided.

I attempted to explain to Mr. Mike that I had spoken to him at least four times about the laptop situation and that he had sent me the RAM Return Label to ship the laptop back to GCM and they were to repair or replace it, and ship the laptop back to me at the Washington, DC address.

He said that I could have Mr. Sandifer to ship the laptop to me and I said no, because it was not his responsibility, and GCM had shipped it to the wrong place. I asked him if I was supposed, to ship something to his “brother and shipped it to the wrong place, e.g., his uncle,” would he expect his uncle to ship it to the brother.

Since he wasn’t cooperative, I asked what their return policy is and he told me that the return policy had expired and I just wanted to have it returned, because I didn’t want Mr. Sandifer to pay for shipping it to me.

I asked him, how could that be, when the initial laptop was returned, because it was malfunctioning and they were to repair or replace it? Since he wasn’t cooperative or understanding, I asked him to let me speak to the owner and he replied “I am one of the owners and that he was the only one there.”

He told me that he had other customers to service, and there was nothing he could do. I explained that I was going to contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Consumers Affairs and he hung up on me.

I believe that GCM and Mr. Mike owes me an apology and should have paid for the return shipment of the laptop to be, since they are the ones that shipped it back to the “gift giver (Mr. Sandifer),” and not me the recipient. Unbelievable! I certainly won’t be doing any further business with GCM and others should know about their atrocious customer service and business practices.