Pop Yachts Complaints and Reviews

Corp Email: nicko@popyachts.com
Company Contact: David Perkins - President, CFO

Is Pop Yachts a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Have Ripped Us Off.

My company sources American powerboats on behalf of private buyers in many parts of the world. We have been in business for nearly 25 years and delivered over 1,200 boats to happy clients during that time without a problem.

We seldom touch used boats but recently bought a used, 2011 model Bayliner 215 from POP Yachts for a client here in New Zealand. It was advertised as genuine, low hours and in very good condition. Upon arrival we discovered that it was far from in good condition including a leaking exhaust manifold.

Worse still, it was also advertised as having the 5.0L (260hp) MPI engine which is why our client bought it. All paperwork showed it having this engine. It doesn’t – it has the 220hp TDK.

POP Yachts are running for cover claiming that we should have arranged for a surveyor before buying the boat. We don’t buy that. As the selling agent POP Yachts is responsible for ensuring that the information provided is correct and in this case has failed – miserably.