Huntington Bank Complaints and Reviews

Is Huntington Bank a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Banks Directory ListingHuntington National Bank Listing

Money isn't safe!

To whom it may concern,

My name is Amy Wood and I’m a resident of Columbus, Ohio within the Westerville School District. I am writing you to tell you of an unfortunate event that occurred to me and one of my neighbors. My incident happened on October 7th 2016.

A little girl named Treasure was going door to door selling things for her school’s PTA. This school was Fouse Elementary. This is in the Westerville school district. I did buy a pumpkin roll for $16.00.

When I checked my account the check was altered to $116.00, with the initials (MG) written beside Fouse Elementary, and it was endorsed Fouse Elementary on the back.

When I brought this to the attention of Huntington Bank they were shocked that someone was able to cash this. Fouse Elementary had never seen this check and they use Delaware County Bank and it wasn’t cashed by them.

The principal of Fouse said he was going to talk to the little girl. I never dreamed they would send her back out to do more fundraising in the neighborhood.

Well…it happened again a month later. SHOCKER! Same little girl except a check was made from $38.00 and altered to $380.00. Both checks made out to Fouse Elementary and cashed.

I filed check fraud paperwork that same day with Huntington, made a police report, I did everything that I was told to do by Huntington and tried to have patience as they told me that my account would be refunded in 5-10 business days.

After several phone calls and a total of eight hours on hold…I find that the bank filed the wrong paper work and I went back in to do it that day and the banker told me the money should be refunded that night.

Again, I wait patiently and after a week, I go back into the bank and the branch manager at the Maple Cannon branch tells me it will take 6-8 weeks. They also tell me there is no contact number for the fraud department for him or myself to be able to get a hold of the investigator on the case.

Several phone calls later, I do find that the check was cashed at J.P. Morgan Chase but the cannot give me any more information. Not only that but J.P. Morgan doesn’t have to release the information of whose account it was if they don’t want to and if they decide not to refund Huntington then me and my neighbor have been ripped off totaling nearly $500.00.

Columbus Police don’t seem to care or Fouse Elementary. Definitely not Huntington or JP Morgan Chase.

I will be sending this to BBB, superintendent for Westerville Schools and 6 on your side.

Hunington Bank Location – 9187 Ridge Rd Girard Pa 16417 | 800-480-2265