Santander Complaints and Reviews

Company Contact: Thomas Dundon - President / CEO

Reported Losses: $1,016,706.00

Is Santander a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Fraud

I took out a car loan with this company. It was for 6 years. It was to be paid off in may 2014. I fell behind in my payments in October of 2013. I didn’t miss any payments but didn’t send them the full amount. In November I sent them 300.00. My original payments were 252.00. In December they repo’d my car. It cost me a lot of money to get it back. In addition to all the fees I agreed to extend my payments until July of 2014.

I received a statement in April showing that they weren’t expecting payment because I had been sending them more than required. I sent them money anyway. Now not only did they extend my last payment to August on my last statement but the payoff amount is close to 2000.00. How is this possible if my payments were originally 252.00 and the car was to be paid off in May. Also, I have been sending them anywhere from 200-300 every month.

I tried calling customer service and they person I spoke with was not helpful, she just talked in circles. I will be filing a complaint with the FTC. It seems they are trying to get thousands of more dollars from me. What company would repo a car that payments have been made on time for 5 & 1/2 years.

Comments

2 Comments on "Santander"

I have had my loan for a little over a year in which I’ve made sure to never be late for credit reporting purposes. I recently called to make a payment for December and I was told I would only owe $200 more but my account was fine. A few days later I receive a call stating that I now owe $600 because 1 payment was not received months back. I have all of my payments and recorded conversations that I am sure will prove I do not owe any money for missed months. I am a young woman trying… Read more »
Why do you need THEM to investigate this? Do you not have your own records to check? You say you have “recorded conversations” Why is there a need for “conversations” with them for you to record…unless…you have been habitually late and you were trying to make “arrangements”. If you were late, then the interest clock continues to run which adds to whatever you owe them. But back to what I said earlier. If you have the records of your payments, simply list them and hopefully you’ve paid by check and your bank can back you up!