Leisure Manor Complaints and Reviews

Business Name: Leisure Manor Senior Apartments
2901 El Camino Ave
, California 95821 USA

Phone Number: 916-481-5151

There Are Currently No Ratings.

Is Leisure Manor a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Leisure Manor a Hank Fisher Property Senior Apartment Complex that is subsidized by HUD is not a safe place to live

I lived at Leisure Manor for five years and the following are things that I have experienced or experienced with and friend and myself. I was elected President of the Leisure Manor Resident Council and tried to bridge the gap between residents and staff. This went from 1/1/12 – 9/21/12 when I was able to move to benefit my health. I have had problems along with other residents, but when you go to the staff they just say you must talk to the Administrator. You tell the Administrator and you get the famous quote “that is a personal problem take care of it yourself.” Rules are not enforced on every person. In fact the Administrator told me she was informed during some meetings that she went to, that they can not enforce any rule. A couple of days ago one man tried to settle things on his own and took a knife to another. One had to have nine stitches and the other I am not sure of. But HUD promises us a save place to live.

During the time I was there, there were two women that got evicted for threatening others with guns. Things are missing from apartments when only the resident and staff have a key. The lock on the door had been changed after the other resident that lived in the apartment moved out. There has been food missing from the kitchen and things missing from their thrift shop. One time I was helping a friend who was very ill and I called 911 for her. A deputy sheriff came and a resident let him in the side door. Then the ambulance showed up and another resident let them in. I also was told that one of the staff was standing by the window which is about two feet from the door and she would not open the door for emergency personnel. I was informed later that unless the resident calls the office or pulls the emergency cord, the staff does not have to get involved. Another time a gentleman knocked on a resident staff door, and told her his friend need an ambulance. This staff person said she was not on duty and closed her door. This gentleman then came to my door for help. This gentleman can not see well enough to dial a phone. The best is yet to come.

A lady of color tried to get approved to move in for about eight months. She had to go through a lot. When she was told to come in and sign her paperwork, there was a person not of color who said, is she moving in? There won’t be room for the rest of us. This lady that moved in received notes under her door that read we don’t want you here ****, notes that called her a ****. There were even people using the n word to her face or saying it when she was around. I complained to the office. I had a meeting with the Administrator and the CEO, V.P. for the company. The CEO, V.P. told me that when people hear words they do not like, they should remove themselves from the area. I could not even get a letter sent out to residents to say this behavior will no longer be tolerated. I know this counts as discrimination that the staff does not want to deal with. This is not the only way it is done at this facility. There are also a lot of lies that are told by some of the staff.

Hank Fisher PropertiesHank Fisher Properties
610 Fulton Ave #100 Sacramento, CA 95825 | 916-485-1441 | hankfisherproperties.com

Comments