American Airlines Complaints and Reviews

Aa.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: October 5, 2017

Business Name: AMR Corp./American Airlines, Inc.
4333 Amon Carter Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas 76155 USA

Phone Number: 817-963-1234
Corp Email: info@amstock.com
Company Contact: Doug Parker - CEO

Is American Airlines a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Charged for Seat Upgrade that wasn't an Upgrade

For a flight booked for 4/9/15, I had two tickets booked for row 14 for a flight from Charlotte to San Jose, Costa Rica. When checking in, I was automatically moved to Row 10, so I was forced to buy a seat on row 10 for my wife.

I was charged $ 65 as this was supposed to be an exit row, but when boarding I noticed immediately that this was not an exit row at all. Row 9 was the actual exit row.

The flight was packed so nowhere else to go, of course.

I contacted American AIrlines when I returned on 4/19 but go nothing but an automated response.

Comments

7 Comments on "American Airlines"

On Oct. 25 my husband and I were supposed to fly from Midland Tx to Palm Springs Ca, but sadly I had a family emergency and I was not able to make the same flight and had to take a later flight in to LA. However, my return flight was AUTOMATICALLY cancelled and I had to pay an additional $197 just to keep my seat on the return flight that I had ALREADY PAID FOR. The attendants at the counter were unbelievably rude and uncaring. All I want is a refund for the $197.00 that I had to pay to… Read more »
Good afternoon, I have a complaint in regards to my flight from Guayaquil, Ecuador to Newark, New Jersey. I paid for a first class seat, I also paid the additional money to reserve a seat, this did not happened, the flight attendant ignored me as if I was not even there, he offered me food, cause I was actually looking right at him, he never came back to ask if I needed anything, I also requested airphones which I was told that they did not have any, the passenger besides me was given one. I paid for a first class… Read more »

I was stuck in charlotte for 9 hours because American airlines gave me some excuse about maintenance being done on the plane.That was the worse flight ever. Every hour the time frame kept going up getting later and later.I was supposed to be at work, I lost money my family was inconvenienced and so was I. No one offered to compensate me for my troubles or nothing.That was a nightmare.I was supposed to arrive in Jacksonville at 7:22 I didn’t get there till 1:00am the next day.I will never book American again.

F*K AA
Thgey are big fukn LIARS

I agree with you 100%. They lied about how much money I was going to get related to my lost baggage, and then they change their story. My baggage was lost and never found. Ding, American Airlines’ fault. Then they tell me I am going to be reimbursed for items bought and the content of my bags. Another ding. They do one or another. Not both. Then they want receipts for all items in your suitcase over 150.00. Ding, I don’t save receipts for ever and ever. Fourth ding they put a low level representative on the line who was… Read more »

Would like people to know that because of AA I have been left with a broken shoulder. Also I was threatened with arrest and my best friend was left without insulin and I have had no sympathy from the Airline.
My shoulder is a permanent injury
Thanks AA
04.11.2013

American Airlines new CEO is a Habitual Drunk Driver, and condones Domestic Violence.