Phone trade-in is a SCAM. Don’t fall for it. - Verizon Wireless

The Verizon iPhone trade-in scam of 2016 – After being a loyal Verizon customer for a few years, I got pulled into the same scam that many other Verizon customers have gotten into – the ‘trade-in scam’. You trade your old iphone 6 for a $650 credit that goes towards paying for your new iphone 7.

The catch is that the older phone MUST ONLY BE mailed in a prepaid UNINSURED package provided by Verizon. My barely-used, scratchless, in original packaging old iphone 6 was in excellent condition when it departed my hands.

Verizon sent me a picture of a damaged phone which they received and refused to give me the promised $650 credit. The same picture was sent to other friends and colleagues of mine that went in for a Verizon phone trade-in.

However, my friends that chose the Tmobile or AT&T trade in did not have such complaints.

Verizon should release statistics of how many trade-in phones were offered the full credit.

For Verizon Wireless Representatives or Owners

Comments About Verizon Wireless Review: Phone trade-in is a SCAM. Don’t fall for it.