NPC scamming new customers? - National Processing Company

Branch / Location of Complaint: National Processing Center
Address: 7851 West 185th St #200 Tinley Park, Illinois 60477
Phone: 708-781-4891

I currently run a small business and use Paypal Business to process my orders. It is a secure safe method for small businesses however with larger customers it lacks legitimacy. I wanted to take the next logical step and and accept orders directly on my website.

I was contacted by dozens of processors but NPC was the most persistent. I checked them out (owned by large Vantiv, Inc. a publicly traded company) I applied for an account using Authorize.net and was approved in a couple of days.

I waited nearly 2 months to activate the account after receiving a large order from a customer who refused to use Paypal. During this time NPC sent me text messages and emails daily reminding me to activate my account.

I finally did on 2/24/2016 and processed the $4720 order via the Virtual Terminal on Authorize.net. I warned my customer that because of the size of the order someone would contact him to verify the validity of his business.

The following day, 2/25/2016 NPC seized my $4720 and closed my account. I did not find out until a week later as I was expecting a deposit in my BofA business account.

When I called the customer service informed me the account had been closed and told me I needed to talk to Kimberly Leach at 708-781-4891.

I left 5 messages and called over a dozen times and she did not once answer her phone. I looked her up on the internet and she had a very little used LinkeIN account the claimed she worked for NPC in their Fraud, Charge-back department, she was based out of IL however NPC is in Kentucky.

I thought I had been scammed and Kimberly Leach was not a real person. I then began calling customer service again. They would look up my account and then disconnect my call. They did this 3 times.

I have since done a lot of research on NPC and they appear to be a legitimate company with questionable practices.

Finally, I received a letter from them on 3/8/2016 claiming the account had been closed and they will be holding my $4720 for a minimum of 180 days.

They think the transaction is fraudulent. It is not. They made no attempt to contact my customer to very the order was not fraud. I have a lot of questions for NPC but nobody will speak with me. I have sent a follow up letter demanding explanation or I will be forced to take legal action.

Questions:

1. Why was my account approved in the first place?

2. Why bother me daily to activate the account only to close it the next day?

3 Why not verify the order with my customer?

4. How can you claim I am fraudulent when your company is clearly committing fraud against me?

Glen Doak, Owner CADnet, LLC

For National Processing Company Representatives or Owners

Comments About National Processing Company Review: NPC scamming new customers?