Scammed by inflated cost of room - HotelsOne.com

I was trying to book a reservation for two nights at The Homestead Resort in Midway, UT. It was after regular business hours when I called the resort to book our reservation, so when I was transferred to their reservation desk, somehow I was not talking to the resort but to another party.

They said they would handle my booking. They told me it would be $134 a night plus taxes and fees, so I booked the rooms.

When I got the receipt in my email, the amount billed to my credit card was $349.40.

Because I was trusting and I didn’t take time to do the math, it wasn’t until I got my receipt from the resort hotel that I realized that we had been cheated or scammed out of $94.22.

The hotel receipt showed the rooms for two nights were $120. 84 and $105.79 plus taxes/fees of $28.55 totaling $255.18. It showed this amount was paid from a third party for us.

When I got home I called HotelsOne.com, they said “Oh, no, the amount of the hotel for two nights were $159.14 and $139.32 plus taxes/fee of $50.94 totaling $349.40.”

There was no way they were going to give me any money back as they argued that that was the going rate!

I WILL NEVER BOOK A ROOM WITH ANYONE BUT THE HOTEL AND IT EVIDENTLY HAS TO BE BOOKED DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS OR IT WILL GO TO A THIRD PARTY BOOKING AGENT.

I had not idea HotelsOne.com was the third party booking it for me….I’ve never even heard of them before this.

For HotelsOne.com Representatives or Owners