Tried to have me arrested for trespassing - Extended Stay America

I was living at the Extended Stay America for several months without incident.

Then one day the sheriff knocked on my door and told me if I did not vacate immediately the would arrest me for trespassing. I told the sheriff that I was fully paid up for the week (i pay weekly every week) and been staying there for months and they did not have any cause to make me vacate.

After the Sheriff spoke to the manager they refused to arrest me. It seems that overbooked the rooms and needed me out because they had too many guests.

I had to get a lawyer who informed me that in Orlando Florida if you stay more than 30 days at a hotel then by law you are a tenant not a guest, and they have to evict you and they cannot have you thrown out.

He sent a letter to the hotel reciting the law and chastised them for their acts.

So I had to pay for a lawyer in addition to my room because they overbooked. The lawyer was more $ than a week at the hotel but he is worth it. I hope to sue them.

Location of Extended Stay America – Commodity Circle Orlando Florida 32819 | 877-652-2124

For Extended Stay America Representatives or Owners

Comments About Extended Stay America Review: Tried to have me arrested for trespassing