Warning - SammyDress

I thought it my responsibility to share this information with you. About 2 weeks ago I placed and order for clothing with Sammy Dress. I received and email several days afterword stating that they needed to verify my information to ensure that I was the credit card holder and to prove my Id. I gave the last 4 of my cc and sent a copy of my ID. I thought I’m ok with that.

Then I received an email stating that, tat was not enough information. They requested that I send a copy of my ID and the front and back copy of my cc. That gave me pause for sure. So I called the customer service number, no one ever answers it and it does not state the company name. I never received a call back. We are now into the second week and I am feeling a little squirrelly, nervous about the transaction. I figured I would I would try the online chat. To my surprise it worked, I explained my circumstances. They asked for the copy of my cc and ID again saying it was because of their anti fraud policy. Hmmmmm, by send your ID and the front and back of the cc makes anyone a prime target for identity theft. The rep assured me that they would refund the funds. Doesn’t make any sense to me that they would debit my credit card before they received the so called ( proof of my cc and ID) but wouldn’t send the merchandise unless I provided the proof I requested. Seems ver backwards to me. I did report the company to my bank (Capital One) They advised me to never send your ID and copy of your credit card to anyone and that (Sammy Dress) is eery suspect for requesting this information.

I took the time to sign up for cc alert to add more security to my account. In todays world it is very suspect for any company to request this information. They do not reveal who the third party company is that is storing the information. Beware my friend this company has way too many complaints. I told the Rep that I worked for a government agency and that the chat conversation had been archived. I was quite surprised that they did refund the debit right away. Contrary to the time frame they were giving me.

I am sooooooooo happy to have circumvented a potential security issue. I have purchased clothing online and never has anyone ever asked for a copy of my CC. Below you will find the chat conversation.

Why hasnt my order shipped?
at 11:13, May 30:
Hi, welcome to Sammydress Pre-sale Live Support! We are happy to assist you.
at 11:13, May 30:
May I have your order number? Order number starts with Capital M and with 16 numbers. You can find it in: My account>>My orders
at 11:13, May 30:
Why hasn’t my order shipped
Order Number: M1605202053506471
at 11:13, May 30:
One moment please. I will check it for you. Thank you for your being patient.
at 11:14, May 30:
It says that it is still processing
at 11:14, May 30:
We found that your order has been held for a standard anti-fraud check by SammyDress. Sometimes, unfortunately, thieves gain access to people’s credit card details or Paypal accounts.The thieves often try to use the stolen details to pay for products bought online. When you pay us your credit card or bank card payment is processed by a third party (ie Paypal, GC or other payment companies ) and not by SammyDress directly. Therefore we have not seen any of your financial details or your credit card details. We kindly ask you to send us the pictures of payer’s credit card and the payer’s ID proof.
at 11:14, May 30:
No one answers the number provided
at 11:15, May 30:
I already provided proof to you I responded to your email for verification
at 11:18, May 30:
Please check the email we sent to you. What you sent to us is not enough.
at 11:19, May 30:
This seems fishy to me, any one could use my cc info and id to order using the info I send to you.
at 11:21, May 30:
Sometimes, unfortunately, thieves gain access to people’s credit card details or Paypal accounts.The thieves often try to use the stolen details to pay for products bought online. The purpose of this is to protect customers themselves.
at 11:23, May 30:
I would like to cancel this order please
at 11:23, May 30:
OK. We will cancel it and refund in full.
at 11:24, May 30:
How lon does that take.
at 11:24, May 30:
Please allow 7 to 25 working days for the transaction to appear in your credit card account. This delay entirely depends on your credit card and its intermediaries. Please kindly contact your Credit Company company any queries regarding the refund after the timeframe stated above.
at 11:25, May 30:
I need a ticket number
at 11:26, May 30:
You will receive an email from us about the refund within 24 hours and then you can get the ticket number.
at 11:27, May 30:
Why do you need to refund if you haven’t charged my card yet. Simply cancel the transaction
at 11:28, May 30:
We received the payment.
at 11:29, May 30:
How can you debit my account and still ask for my ID and copy of front and bacck f my cc but still not send the merchandse
at 11:29, May 30:
I want a ticket number to prove I xancelled
at 11:31, May 30:
Please note we need the pictures to verify before shipping the order. We will send the email to you within 24 hours.
at 11:32, May 30:
Why dont you answer the customer service line for the USA and Canada?
at 11:33, May 30:
Cancel this order and refund me. Please confirm that you will initiate the cancelattion today.

at 11:38, May 30:
This is peak season, our operators are assisting several customers at the same time. Please wait a few minutes. We will respond to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your support and understanding.
at 11:39, May 30:
Please rest assured it is a policy on our site. Learn more about Anti-Fraud Verification:http://www.sammydress.com/payment-verification.html
at 11:39, May 30:
Please do refund, thank you for your assistance. I am just not comfortable with giving out that much info to easy for identity theft. I am sure you are honest but this is not a safe practice. I work for government agency and this is something we are told not to do Please send confirmation of the refund. Conversation is being archived for my record. My bank will process the refund with in 48nhrs after it is refunded by your company. So it should not take 7-10days
at 11:40, May 30:
We will do in priority. Please wait a few days.
at 11:40, May 30: