Fantastic Deal (NOT!) - NuWave Oven

My wife spotted the deal on a late night infomercial for a NuWave package that included 2 NuWave PIC2s , 2 fry pans, 3.5 qt pot with vented lid, a steamer basket and a fondue kit for $99.99. She showed it to me and I thought it sounded fantastic.

I already own one PIC Pro and I love it. I thought 2 more, especially at this price was fantastic, so I went online to order. There was the offer, so I clicked the “Order Now” link. Prior to placing my order, I checked the credit card I was going to use to check the available balance. I input all my info and clicked continue. I was presented with all the upsells which I declined because “supposedly”, all this was included with the package and each one of these upsells showed a $29.95 shipping and handling charge.

When I reached the end and completed the order, I was shown an order confirmation that showed 1 NuWave PIC2 for $99.99, $29.95 S&P, and a $10.00 discount. No sign of the package was shown. I decided to send NuWave customer service an email to enquire why my confirmation did not show what I had ordered. I received an answer stating that the charge did not go through on my credit card, but if I would call them and provide another means of payment, they would adjust my order to the main offer for a total cost of $189.94.

That works out to a little less than $90.00 for shipping. I replied to the email and told them to forget the whole thing. Evidently, this company does not seem to realize that no matter how good a product is, if they screw their customers over, they can still go under. Wake up NuWave!

For NuWave Oven Representatives or Owners

Comments About NuWave Oven Review: Fantastic Deal (NOT!)

1 Comment on "Fantastic Deal (NOT!)"

“this company does not seem to realize that no matter how good a product is, if they screw their customers over, they can still go under. Wake up NuWave!” – Haha they WILL still survive and prosper knowing that a sucker is born every day and most of them can’t or don’t read reviews such as recent immigrants, Hispanics and teenagers! Also it’s interesting to note how their “customer care” replies all have different names as though representing Chinese shell companies who all produce various imitations of the original product. No wonder some of them ‘meltdown’ on the counter!