No Action To Contact Requests - Tate Music Group & Publishing
I have called, emailed and tried on too many to mention occasions to reach Tate Publishing Marketing person in charge of my account. I never receive a call back or an email. I have a question about the royalty check which comes once a year and is always less than 1.00 on a book that sells for 23.99 in paperback. How is that when the contract says that my royalty on book sales is 15 percent. That equals 3.5985 in royalty on one book sale. The book is not offered in ebook format, but in hard cover at a higher cost. I received a 2016 Royalty on the book sales for 0.61. I don’t understand and wanted to have it explained though my contract, sections concerning royalty appears below and it is clearly specified.
On the Tate Publishing Site, here is the info on my book, including cost.
The Madman, The Marathoner The Life of Marathoner Donald P. McNelly by Juanita Tischendorf
“Don McNelly is the world record holder for the number of marathons completed over the age of eighty and is still going strong. This is his story.” 23.99 (paperback
Every author is assigned a Marketing Consultant (an industry expert) to assist in finding the right markets in which to sell in the retail bookstore market and beyond, maximizing every author’s reach and success.” Why can’t I get a call back or an email or any response from the Tate Publishing Marketing Department
On Page 3 and 4 of the contract it says, The Author shall be able to purchase, from the Publisher, for the Author’s personal use and sale only, copies of the Work at the reduced rate of 60 discount off the retail price of the Book. All sales are Final. The Author shall not be required to purchase any amount of Books from the Publisher at anytime. Shipping within the continental U.S. only is paid for by the publisher for all author purchases
Distribution and Royalty Schedule:
Agreement for Book sales between the Author and Tate Publishing, LLC:
Objectives: Tate Publishing, LLC intends to increase the Author’s Book sales by allowing Tate Publishing, LLC to distribute the Author’s Work with the Tate Publishing, LLC line of Books on behalf of the Author to bookstores, libraries, mass market, and other markets. This contract does not guarantee or suggest any specific sales volume of the Author’s Work. The Author’s Works will be warehoused, sold, invoiced, shipped, collected, and the Author’s funds will be remitted to the Author.
1. Tate Publishing, LLC shall be allowed to print the number of the Author’s Works, which they deem appropriate for distribution needs and shall pay for the production cost of those items as well as the
shipping to the distribution and wholesale warehouses.
2. Tate Publishing, LLC shall be allowed to keep in their company warehouse inventory the number of the Author’s Works which the Publisher deems appropriate for inventory.
3. The Publisher shall not be required to show or give cause or accounting as to how the Publisher’s investment and resources are used.
4. Revenues and reports. Tate Publishing, LLC will make available to the Author an accounting of sales, returns and collections for the preceding quarter in his or her regular royalty report as outlined in this contract. A charge may apply if the Author requests an accounting of sales outside of the royalty statement. As Tate Publishing, LLC, collects from its sales, the Author will be sent his or her portion of those collections:
a. The Author royalty from distribution sales shall be 15 percent of the sale price which shall be paid
quarterly to the Author by the end of the month following the previous quarter. All royalties will be paid to the Author upon receipt of funds by the Publisher from the purchaser.
b. From Tate Publishing’s warehouse, the Author will receive 40 percent royalty of the sale price of the Work which shall be paid quarterly by the end of the month following the quarter in which those sales occurred and when those funds have been received.
c. No royalty shall be paid to the Author on personal copies purchased for the Author’s personal use since the Author receives a 100 percent royalty from those sales.
5. Warehousing. Will be charged to and paid by Tate Publishing ,LLC, at the per copy rate on arrival plus the per copy rate per month thereafter.
6. Samples, Covers. Tate Publishing, LLC may send titles as samples for sales persons and wholesalers, buyers, media, listing agencies, etc. at Tate Publishing, LLC’s expense.
7. Ownership and Insurance. Ownership of inventory is the Publisher’s until sold. Insurance is required and is the responsibility of Tate Publishing, LLC. In the event of loss of inventory due to an insured loss, the insurance recovery payment shall be the sole property of the Publisher. The Publisher shall pay the Author a 40 percent royalty of the net recovery within thirty days of the receipt of those funds.
8. The Author shall be able to purchase, from the Publisher, for the Author’s personal use and sale only, copies of the Work at the reduced rate of 60% discount off the retail price of the Book. All sales are Final. The Author shall not be required to purchase any amount of Books from the Publisher at anytime. Shipping within the continental U.S. only is paid for by the publisher for all author purchases.
Am I somehow misreading this section of my contract?
For Tate Music Group & Publishing Representatives or OwnersRespond To This Complaint Complaint Removal
Comments About Tate Music Group & Publishing Review: No Action To Contact Requests
Most Viewed Complaints
Ally Auto Reviews
Nice Sole Reviews
Beverly Hills MD Reviews
Recent Company Complaints
Cornerstone Health Care
Village Park At Eastborough
Got Mud Masonry
AQ Beauty Supply
Le Parker Meridien
Liberty Food and Liquor
More Tate Music Group & Publishing Complaints
No Funds Received
We paid deposit of $2,000 to have our CD distributed, and we have not received any funds from the sales...
Another victim for Tate Publishing
Last year I signed a contract with Tate Publishing in Mustang, Oklahoma. I had heard about them briefly and also...
Publishing my book didn’t happen.
I finished my book with Tate Publishing after which I was in the marketing phase. In January 2017 I was...
Where is my Manuscript and Money?
I have signed a contract with Tate Publishing in June 2016. I sent them the money for the package that...
Class Action Lawsuit against Tate Publishing is our dream
My mother and I co-wrote a cookbook and sent portions of it to Tate Publishing in 2013. We had excellent...
I Was Cheated
I signed an agreement with Tate Music Group to do a 10 track album. I wasn’t going to do it,...
yes, we’ll do it
Upon agreeing to publish my book, I was transferred to a production person who sent the copy to an editor....
I signed contract with Tate publishing to publish, market and distribute my book. My manuscript was submitted and they said...
Sold many copies but never received one cent in royalties
I paid $4000 to have my original book published with a clause in the contract that the $4000 would be...
Doesn’t recognize their breach of contract
Last fall I published my first book, “White Clouds On The Horizon” with Tate’s Publishing Company. On February 13, 2015...