CONTRACTORS BEWARE - HomeAdvisor

I was stupid and did not research this company well enough prior to signing up to be a vendor. The person who called me did not give full disclosure regarding the lead process. She told me I had to pass a criminal background check and she’d let me know if I was approved. My credit card was charged around $390.00.

The next morning, I started receiving phone calls, texts, and emails about leads, and was being charged for them! I didn’t know how to handle them, I’d received no training nor did I have a password to the Pro website. She called me back, said I “passed” and I went through a few steps with her online. I attempted to respond to the “leads”. No answers. Emailed them, no response. So I just paid over $20 to call people who didn’t answer the phone?

That night at 11:19pm, I received a “lead” from a man wanting his “bedroom organized”. My husband had a heart attack. I was charged for a man who was soliciting for sex! What the hell kind of company is this?

I signed up for an online training the next morning. That was when I found out ALL LEADS ARE GIVEN TO 4 OR 5 VENDORS. So they charge 4 or 5 vendors $20-80 to compete for the same lead? The saleswoman did not tell me this. I emailed her supervisor immediately and cancelled. I paused my account online for 1 week.

The key is to do everything in writing. The supervisor emailed me and basically refused to close the account. Then within a few minutes I received an email “YOUR ACCOUNT IS LIVE!”. Really? It is?

I emailed the supervisor that my lawyer will be in contact with her this week. I can’t believe this. I went on Glass Door and read around 200 employee reviews. Guess what? They have changed their name from “Service Master” to “Home Advisor” because they are under Federal fraud investigation and Service Master has thousands of lawsuits filed against them……

DON’T FALL FOR THIS. IF YOU HAVE, CANCEL WITHIN 24 HOURS! OTHERWISE FROM WHAT I SEE THEY WILL SEND YOU TO COLLECTIONS.

For HomeAdvisor Representatives or Owners