Billing Dispute - Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics

On January 28,2014 I went to your facility at 1127 Wilshire Bl. in Los Angeles, Ca. with a prescription for a boot after the cast was removed due to a broken left foot from my doctor whose office was over one block away. I was given the boot and as I recall required to pay around $30.00 co-pay.

In the middle of August, 2015, a year and a half later, I received a bill for $37.03. I attempted to call the office numerous times only to have a message taken fallowed by a letter Collection Letter a few days later each time. Finally in December I visited your office again to resolve the issue. After waiting for about 45 minutes and a multitude of excuses as to why the charge and why it took over a year and a half to bill me they referred me to Health Net, my then Medicare Provider.

This again was fallowed by a Collection Letter a couple of days later. I called Health Net and it took awhile for their agent to determine there was a $37.03 co-pay. The reason for the delay was the Health Net agent had to research the numerous duplicate charges for the same boot Hanger had made although they were paid in less than a month.

It’s pretty apparent that Hanger is number one a poorly run business and two is not interested in resolving a billing issue in a professional manner instead using Collection Agencies to harass clients into paying disputed bills.

Hanger Clinic – 1127 Wilshire Bl Suite 310 Los Angeles CA 90017-3901 | 213-250-7850

For Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics Representatives or Owners

Comments About Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics Review: Billing Dispute

1 Comment on "Billing Dispute"

Hello Mike, Meghan from Hanger here. I’m so sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We want to provide the highest quality of customer service to each of our patients and we are sincerely sorry you feel your experience did not reflect that. Please e-mail me directly at megwilliams@hanger.com so I can look into this for you.