Untrustworthy and dishonest - DIRECTV

We have an older home and when we went back to DirecTv 2 years ago they were not willing to rewire the newer cables as at that time they needed two cables. We have been having problems on and off. We called for service on Thursday May 26th and their Tech came out on Memorial Day. He was very nice blamed our internet kinda but yet our phones, wifi and computers were working fine. He did some sort of thing on the tv and seemed to solve the problem He gave us his # and said to please call him directly if we had any further problems. About 2 hours went by and we turned the tv on and the same problem happened. We called his number he answered and said he would stop by after his appointment he was at.

He came back found that the original tech from them had not connected to the box as the plug pulled right out. He redid this and at this time told us that our cable was not what they are using now if we continued to have the problem he would rewire and also give us a new box. He left and later that evening the same problem happened. I called him Tuesday but their phones have no voice mail so I sent a text. Received no response and when I arrived home from work his company had called showing that we had an open ticket. I explained this to the person and he said that their phones can’t accept a text nor can you leave a message. Nice to know that. He also told me our tech was off that day as he had worked the holiday.

I did finally reach the tech on Wednesday am he made an appt. to be at our home at between 9-10 am EST. We had to move some heavy cabinets and things for his arrival so we did that that evening and here it is at now 1:30 in the afternoon and the tech called my home at 10am said he would be over shortly and no one has arrived. Called customer service they show nothing for us and we are now waiting for their local branch to call me. Should never have gone back to DirecTV as this seems to be their mo now that they are tied in with AT&T. What I have learned to do with all these companies is make them fax over or email me the exact costs of what I will pay before I sign on.

This way it is not verbal but in writing. They all seem to have a bad rap and can’t understand why the FCC has let this go this long without any help to millions of consumers. Not sure who the government works for any longer.

For DIRECTV Representatives or Owners