Not honoring contract - Diamond Resorts International

My husband and I purchased a timeshare from Gold Key Resorts. Within a year, it was sold to Diamond Resorts. Now it is being sold to, yet, another company. When we first found out that they were not honoring the terms of the sales contract, we made it very clear that we no longer wanted the timeshare. We were told, basically, we are stuck with it. This started a few months ago.

I am now prepared to file a formal request to cancel our contract with the documentation to back it up. It will be forwarded to my congressional representative and the federal trade commission. I plan to include examples of how this company uses fraudulent sales practices and misleads. It was basically a bait and switch. Baited us with a nice timeshare, then when we said ‘ repeatedly no’ ‘found’ a less expensive version promising the same quality. Then threw in an extra week for 10 years – didn’t mention we’d lose it if we didn’t stay member of Interval International.

Don’t even get me started with Interval!! UGH!!!

My husband and I are your average middle class citizens. (I am a teacher and my husband works on a delivery truck). We both know better, but we WERE also empty-nesters who love the beach. It was in our contract that we could upgrade if our needs change. WHAT A LIE!!

Within 6 months of our purchase my dad was diagnosed and died of pancreatic cancer. Within that time we did not have a chance to truly navigate the ins and outs of this deal. We were more than disappointed with our unit. But, we decided to give it another try. Our family grew a few months later. We gained custody of our grandchildren 2 and 10. AT that time, we either wanted out or to upgrade. Can’t do either.

As I stated, I am submitting a formal request cc’d to government officials. It’s our only hope. We really can’t afford a lawyer. What savings we had is going towards childcare.

For Diamond Resorts International Representatives or Owners

Comments About Diamond Resorts International Review: Not honoring contract

2 Comments on "Not honoring contract"

hi i can get you out of it!!!!!

In 2015 WE PURCHASED TIMESHARE FROM DIAMOND TIMESHARE INTERNATIONAL. WE SOLD OUR TIME SHARE AND DIAMOND RESORT REFUSES TO HONOR THAT SALE . THEY REPORTED US TO EXPERIAN, WHICH IS REALLY AFFECTING MY CREDIT HISTORY. i USED TO HAVE A 764 SCORE. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME. WE’VE SENT NUMEROUS LETTERS DIAMOND WITH LEGAL DOCUMENT AS PROOF AND THEY HAVE TOTALLY IGNORED US. ACCORDING TO EXPERIAN, THEY WERE INSTRUCTED BY EXPERIAN NOT TO REMOVE THEIR NAME FROM OUR CREDIT REPORT. I WELCOME YOUR SUGGESTIONS